PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for WR Mohamed Sanu, for a second-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought of Sanu as a quick twitch guy. He is more of a big slow guy. Like Gordon. Actually more like Donald Hayes. Would have rather liked Sanders for a 2nd but BB is a HOF coach and I am just some putz, so I like the move!
In the sense of a slot guy Brady can throw to quick.

Don’t think this says anything negative about Gordon btw

Whats Gunner on pace for this year?

I don’t know. I’ve never argued for Gunner...I’ve questioned why he’s on the team. You’ve confused me with someone else.

I’ve just pointed out that Berrios had two years to prove himselfand Meyers is much better.

Well, yeah. Good hands, good, crisp intermediate routes, good break, experience, good 3rd and long target to move the chains. What's not to like? If there is anyone *****ing about his 40 time, this is football, not track.

I couldn't agree more. I really liked the trade when I heard about it so was quite surprised to see the negativity on here.

Defense is what might or eventually win this team a championship and not the offense. Hope the offense can improve and score with a guy like sanu. I am guessing he will play right away against cleveland.

You don’t think they overpaid? They needed another wideout but how is he different from gordon at this point?
Nope. As I said I don't value draft picks the same way as you.

Besides, hes better than Gordon in this offense and Gordon is hurt.

Apparently this is Jakobi Meyers 2027.
Meyers 6-2 203 4.63 speed. Good hands. Former QB. Finds openings.
Sanu 6-2 211 4.67 speed at the combine. Good hands. Former QB. Finds openings.

Well, yeah. Good hands, good, crisp intermediate routes, good break, experience, good 3rd and long target to move the chains. What's not to like? If there is anyone *****ing about his 40 time, this is football, not track.

The problem with this is that we have a guy in Meyers already doing that. They will get harry back as well.

I will never ever get the obsession throughout nfl fandom with hoarding draft picks. The truth is most of them never turn into anything significant and most take a few seasons to develop into productive starters.

So I'm in favor of adding an impact veteran WR who will make plays now for a 2nd rounder that might but probably wont do anything in 3 years.

Last edited:
Cool!
We sentence the rest of the league to death by Snu Snu!:D

Corey Dillion is a potential hall of fame RB who was a beast. Sanu is a soft WR who benefits from Julio Jones drawing double and triple teams.
Dillion was hurt and had a down year in 2003. Becoming a 1600 yd RB in 04 was a pipe dream in the spring of 2004.

I couldn't agree more. I really liked the trade when I heard about it so was quite surprised to see the negativity on here.

It's a steep price but he's a good football player with a lot of experience.

IMO this smells a lot like N’Keal isn’t getting activated off IR. Not because he can’t physically but because they feel we need Wynn and Devlin down the stretch and this trade compensates for Harry.

Your opinion is factually wrong.

The moment Harry stepped on the practice field it burned an IR-DTR. You only get 2, so once Harry practiced he took 1 of the IR-DTR spots. So even if he doesn't get activated Pats would only have 1 IR-DTR left and would have to choose between Wynn & Develin.

The problem with this is that we have a guy in Meyers already doing that. They will get harry back as well.

Ok, so now we have two guys who can do that. Meyers played well last night, but he's a rookie playing against a bad secondary.

It's a steep price but he's a good football player with a lot of experience.

The problem i have with the trade is that we have those type of guys on the roster. People where complaining about our wideouts having a tough time getting separation. Someone mentioned he gets separation but he’s not a guy that’s gonna wow you with speed and quickness.

75241217_2835222369857766_8273206674047631360_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST