PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade for WR Mohamed Sanu, for a second-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a vacuum, a 2nd for a year and a half of Sanu might be an overpay (his stats are better than I expected, though - a lot better). But this isn't a vacuum.

Is Harry ready? Listening to BB is always tricky, but it didn't sound like it the other day. Can any rookie come in and get Brady's trust quickly, for that matter? We're almost halfway in and Meyers, who has been absolutely outstanding, is only now getting a bit of a chance. Is he even going to get activated next week? (I admit it, despite Reiss's expectations, I'm still hoping for Develin to come back. They need him in January.)

Gordon was hurt before he got more hurt in the Giants' game. Edelman is banged up and showed it after his drop last night.

Sanu gives the Pats a breather for both, particularly Edelman. He's also a helluva BLOCKER.

They should look to upgrade TE2/blocking. Maybe it's Tomlinson, but he looked pretty bad last night. Maybe it's Izzo. Maybe it's Dwayne Allen.

In any case, their cover zero defense is setting an amazing standard here.

The Pats are also the highest-scoring team in the league. They have no more division games on the road. They're 5-0 in the conference.

They've outscored opponents 223-48.

223-48.

THIS SUCKS!

Belichick overpaid but the need for a consistent/high-floor WR is there. All things considered, it's an okay trade.

IMO this smells a lot like N’Keal isn’t getting activated off IR. Not because he can’t physically but because they feel we need Wynn and Devlin down the stretch and this trade compensates for Harry.

It’s just a few weeks ago we were thinking Diggs for a second and now it’s Sanu for a second.
We also had visions of Hooper or OJ Howard. Who we thought we could pry with a second and it didn’t happen.
We talked about a first for Sanu and Hooper.
It’s kind of a let down for me.
Sorry but it is.

I think we get Howard in 2020 unless his 5th yr is picked up.

Kind of a wild idea, but any chance Gordon is on the verge of suspension again and appealing? Last year they barely played him the game before. I’ve been surprised he’s been sober this long, as it’s the longest he’s made it in some time.
Always a possibility but we all say the knee injury last week. Gordon's absence didn't come out of nowhere.

I hate the compensation but will not stamp my feet against it. We needed a receiver there is no question.

IMO this smells a lot like N’Keal isn’t getting activated off IR. Not because he can’t physically but because they feel we need Wynn and Devlin down the stretch and this trade compensates for Harry.

I hope not.

Makes me wonder if Gordon/Harry are more injured than we expected. I know WR needed a boost, but I figured they'd hold off until Harry came back, Edelman and Gordon could heal up over the bye week, etc.

Love the player, though. Curious to see what this means for overall roster composition.

Some of you are never satisfied..

BB is our coach..

I hate the compensation but will not stamp my feet against it. We needed a receiver there is no question.
this is how I feel
BTW, only 19 WRs have caught more balls this year

I think this tells you that younger, faster WRs were not available for a 2nd this late in the season.

Why did/do people think MIN would give up Diggs for a 2nd when they're still in the running for a playoff spot?

Not many that wideouts available. Don’t know who else.

Bill likes this guy, has had his eye on him for ages, we are 7-0.... I am happy to roll with it.

One less DB bust next year? im ok with that.

No, I think Gordon to IR.

Bill likes this guy, has had his eye on him for ages, we are 7-0.... I am happy to roll with it.

Well, yeah. Good hands, good, crisp intermediate routes, good break, experience, good 3rd and long target to move the chains. What's not to like? If there is anyone *****ing about his 40 time, this is football, not track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes