PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Trade For Rams WR Greg Salas

Status
Not open for further replies.
if it's a 7th rounder, I like it. Impossible to backfire.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Check that: For WR Greg Salas, the Patriots surrendered a late-round puck in 2015.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

is that even possible, how late can you trade picks?

can't say I know anything about him. Ill assume this has McDaniels written all over it.

This has J. McD written all over it.

Actually a 2015 pick, says Schefter.

Halas is 6'1" and ran a 4.53 40 last year. Also of note is his 6.65 3-cone.
Averaged 44 YPG in each of his 6 games before breaking his fibula. Was a slot guy last year who played outside this offseason.

I like it. I also called this yesterday ;)

Also:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
And with that trade and little attention during cuts, New England has transformed itself into one of the youngest teams in the league.

Full on youth movement with almost our entire offensive core intact, and a younger, faster, generally more athletic defense.

Per Schefter

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/241983351240667136

We've only got a 7th as a "late-round pick" haven't we?

My recollection from his scouting report is that he's a good possession receiver.

I specifically remember watching this guy at the combine last year. While I'm no expert, even my wife (who isn't really an NFL fan), said to me: "He reminds me of Wes Welker."

There is no question in my mind that this is a potential Welker succession plan, or at least a shot in the dark to see if it works.

Meanwhile, Gaffney and Branch can't be happy right now, and I wonder if their loyalty and "Patriots only" mantra will start to fade fast. All I can say is the Patriots are the worst evaluators of talent at WR and CB in the NFL- fortunately, they are still the best organization in sports and no team hits 100%- but seriously, if this means Gaffney, Branch, Stallworth, and Gonzalez were all just bad moves, they need to bring someone in who knows the position.

is that even possible, how late can you trade picks?

I was under the impression that you could trade picks for as long as there is a CBA agreement (i.e., both sides agree to a draft). If that's correct then you could in theory trade draft picks nine years into the future!

All I can say is the Patriots are the worst evaluators of talent at WR and CB in the NFL

Suffering from grass is greener syndrome, I see. The Pats haven't been great, but there are a lot of bad teams out there. Look at what the Phins have right now at WR, for example. They traded for a proven guy and even he didn't work out.

EDIT: To those worried about how deep our WR cuts were

I'm as free-thinking a football fan as the next guy..

But some of you need to get a little more in the In Bill We Trust frame of mind.. at least in the wait in see department.

This looks like a good pickup!

Last edited:
Might actually have some potential. Caught 27 passes in 6 games on the Rams as a rookie.

Looks like he can also KR/PR.

All I can say is the Patriots are the worst evaluators of talent at WR and CB in the NFL- fortunately, they are still the best organization in sports and no team hits 100%- but seriously, if this means Gaffney, Branch, Stallworth, and Gonzalez were all just bad moves, they need to bring someone in who knows the position.

I assume you mean drafting? They get good to great recieves via other methods, does'nt matter how they get here as long as they get here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes