PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots trade 7th rounder to Falcons for TE Eric Saubert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronk! Come to Gillette and work with the new guy for a few weeks! Time to see old friends and new!

Paging Gronk....

Garbage player, but a no-cost look. At this point, almost anything is worth a shot.

You're in good hands with AllState...and Eric Saubert...

Per The Gospel According To Belichick

We will know what the team is like when the calendar turns to November.
=========
Personally, I think that the offense will be fine with whatever set of TE's we have in November. As of now, I expect that set to be Watson, Kendricks and LaCosse. Saubert seems likely to be on the squad for 4 weeks, and longer depending on the performance/health of LaCosse and Kendricks. And yes, if Belichick sees the opportunity, he could trade for yet another TE.

This group doesn't replace Gronk (and impossibility), but seems enough so that the position isn't a critical weakness.

This group doesn't replace Gronk (and impossibility), but seems enough so that the position isn't a critical weakness.

What are you basing this theory on? It's not the actual players, obviously, because the TE position is a dumpster fire right now, in terms of who's actually in camp to play the position. Is your theory that they'll use OL as TEs?

Gronk! Come to Gillette and work with the new guy for a few weeks! Time to see old friends and new!
With all the weight Gronk has lost maybe he tries out for the Celtics. As a HS player he goes to the foul line late in the game his team comfortably ahead having scored 68 points.
Gronk makes the first and then purposely misses the next and runs down the court grinning to cheers from a raucous crowd.

Last edited:
You are free to consider Watson-Kendricks-LeCosse a dumpster fire compared to what the team needs out of the position. I suspect that Belichick disagrees. The "problem" results from considering the team with superstar Gronk, and making comparisons.

What are you basing this theory on? It's not the actual players, obviously, because the TE position is a dumpster fire right now, in terms of who's actually in camp to play the position. Is your theory that they'll use OL as TEs?

You are free to consider Watson-Kendricks-LeCosse a dumpster fire compared to what the team needs out of the position. I suspect that Belichick disagrees. The "problem" results from considering the team with superstar Gronk, and making comparisons.

If Belichick disagreed, he wouldn't have made the trade for Saubert.

The TE position is an absolute mess.

Kendricks and LaCosse are not healthy. Watson is out for 1st 4 games. It certainly ain't great right now.

Kendricks and LaCosse are not healthy. Watson is out for 1st 4 games. It certainly ain't great right now.

I like the idea of bringing in more TE's (even though 2 are not healthy) for camp competition. Don't like these average players feeling to secure because their is nobody else on the roster.

I like the idea of bringing in more TE's (even though 2 are not healthy) for camp competition. Don't like these average players feeling to secure because their is nobody else on the roster.
Saubert has an inside track to make the team because he can play ST's. At least for the 1st 4 games.

Let's give saubert a chance , the first thing I read about was the history of drops , and automatically went into denial...yes things at TE look dodgy at the moment but I do believe BB and Josh McD are well aware of this and will design plays to suit the personnel available. All we want is to hold up until Watson gets back and we can be stronger.......There is not much out there unless we give up a big trade

Two comments:

a.) This doesn't move the needle for me, but we gave up only 1 of our 4 2020 7ths....fine by me.

b.) This kid played a lot on ST's and blocks well. Makes me think we might be keeping him on the roster so we can cut a ST'er elsewhere on the roster to keep some non-ST player. Useful to have someone who covers a need at TE/STs for the first 4 weeks.

Get Marty in here ASAP...

“For years now, nine years, we’ve had the opportunity to come out here and go against Gronkowski — arguably the best tight end,” McCourty said. “In between, we’ve had other really good players. Marty Bennett, who we don’t like to talk about often – I’m joking.” The Patriots could use Martellus given their current situation at tight end.

Holy crap is that Marty !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots