PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Showing Serious Interest in JuJu Smith-Schuster (Update: Done)

But that’s concerning. Did Patricia do it and BB let him? Or did BB do it and let Patricia take the fall? Either way is concerning because either BB gave Matt FULL control over the offense despite almost no experience or BB was making it harder on Matt and the team by benching Bourne.

It could also be option C where both agreed he should be benched but I’m sick of that ****. Welker benching in postseason over jokes (but to be fair that was not a terrible benching. Only like one possession) but then Butler the entire game.

But then he keeps running out Mac Jones despite openly yelling at his coach.

It was just a weird season where BB seemed checked out and I really hope that was just my imagination
My guess on Bourne is that Bill went along with Matt over the player.

I think the biggest factor with the Welker benching wasn't the plays he was left off the field. It was the way it affected the rest of the team. They looked like a different team than the one that had crushed the Jets weeks earlier.

2022 was Bill waiting on Bob O.

What’s bizarre in all of this is that if Bill thought so lowly of Meyers and didn’t offer him a contract, why was he featured so damn much hogging so many targets?
He's what they had.

The only part of this post that isn't nonsense is that JuJu gets more YAC than Meyers. That part is true.

Mac "isn't allowed" to throw the long ball? That's basically all he did for the first part of last season. It didn't work because the offense wasn't set up to succeed on just about any level, and Parker and Jones weren't on the same page yet (that got better later in the year).

Also, what does throwing a long ball have to do with yards after catch? You know that when you throw a screen ALL THE YARDS are after the catch?

I hope you are correct. I have little faith in Mac Jones as a high quality starting QB.

Mac Jones has a slow release of the ball so on long throws the defense is there when the ball arrives. No or little yards after catch.

I know it's your job to just carry the water of whatever move it is Bill makes,
Amanda Nunes Love GIF by UFC

but that's my evaluation of the player after watching about 45 min of film of a couple of his games from last year. Thought he struggled a bit versus man and a lot of his big plays came either after receiving a ball in traffic, surviving a big hit (which Meyers never seemed to do) and finding space, or getting open after Mahomes drifted back in the pocket and did his little song and dance for about 7 seconds. Thought he was much better vs. zone and showed a surprising aptitude at those little whip routes Edelman loved to run, but especially when lined up outside I didn't think he had the suddenness and explosiveness to win consistently against man coverage, more of a back shoulder fade, positioning type receiver at the perimeter.

You're free to disagree with this analysis, I'm not a professional scout after all but even if an honest appraisal of a guy I think is of a similar level of the one they let go is worthy of this type of empty snark I just hope you're making money of this little character you play here.

You missed understood my remark.
It’s pretty clear. You are glad rodgers is a jet because you want the patriots to finish 4th.

It’s pretty clear. You are glad rodgers is a jet because you want the patriots to finish 4th.
no that is not what he said
you refuse to accept that the pats might be finish last, who knows what will happen, way too early, but there is obv a chance to finish at any spot from first to last

you refuse to accept that the pats might be finish last, who knows what will happen, way too early, but there is obv a chance to finish at any spot from first to last
That is exactly what he said.

That is exactly what he said.
he said it but probably did not mean it like this, i should have been clearer. There is no fan of a team who wants to see his team finish fourth

he said it but probably did not mean it like this, i should have been clearer. There is no fan of a team who wants to see his team finish fourth
You are arguing with me for quoting someone’s words because you think they didn’t mean them?

That’s the best thing you have to do today?

No, I am glad Rodgers is with the Jets because that will drive the Pats off season activity to understand they will finish 4th if they don't get some quality players and put together a winning offense. The pressure is on because the Jets got better.
Can you understand that?

No, I am glad Rodgers is with the Jets because that will drive the Pats off season activity to understand they will finish 4th if they don't get some quality players and put together a winning offense. The pressure is on because the Jets got better.
Can you understand that?
No, I can’t.
It is beyond reality that the Patriots would have a plan to finish 3rd and then the 4th place team signs a player and all of a sudden they say “wow we need to change our plan because now it’s more important to be good because the jets signed a player”
You seriously think they sat down and said here are all of our options. Let’s choose the one that isn’t best, because wtf why not, the jets are worse.
Then the jets sign a player and they sit back down and say “wow let’s change and use that other plan that makes us better”.

You said what you meant. You are happy the jets got better and in your opinion the patriots are the worst team in the division.
Your explanation for why you are happy makes it even worse.

yup i have covid and can't go out
Stick in the house I could find 3,334,445 better things to do that read a conversation between 2 people I don’t know and jump in to tell one that I think the other didn’t mean what he said.
Watching my toenails grow would be one of those 3,334,445 things that would be a better use of my time.

I think every team in the AFC East next year is going to have a record of either 9-8 or 10-7, 1 game separating 4 teams.

Stick in the house I could find 3,334,445 better things to do that read a conversation between 2 people I don’t know and jump in to tell one that I think the other didn’t mean what he said.
Watching my toenails grow would be one of those 3,334,445 things that would be a better use of my time.
the office andy GIF

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
It'll be an extremely competitive division, where we have as good a chance as anyone. We swept the Jets last year, and Rogers may improve them 1 or 2 games at most. The Bills aren't any better than they were, and we played them pretty even in Buffalo last year. We beat Miami at the end of last year, albeit with Thompson as their QB. They're all good teams, but we can beat any of them.

The difference between Meyers and Schuster is Meyers is on a 1 year $11M deal while Schuster is on a 2 year $16M deal.

Apparently the only reason the Raiders jumped in was because they heard the Ravens offered him a similar deal.

No, I can’t.
It is beyond reality that the Patriots would have a plan to finish 3rd and then the 4th place team signs a player and all of a sudden they say “wow we need to change our plan because now it’s more important to be good because the jets signed a player”
You seriously think they sat down and said here are all of our options. Let’s choose the one that isn’t best, because wtf why not, the jets are worse.
Then the jets sign a player and they sit back down and say “wow let’s change and use that other plan that makes us better”.

You said what you meant. You are happy the jets got better and in your opinion the patriots are the worst team in the division.
Your explanation for why you are happy makes it even worse.
I didn't bother to read your reply

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back