PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Showing Serious Interest in JuJu Smith-Schuster (Update: Done)

LOL!! Same exact money as Meyers. I don't get it. I would have kept the WR that we already know has a good connection with the QB. But, perhaps a lateral move, Meyers --> Juju.

Now onto a true WR1. And a TE1b.

I guess I’m fine with him replacing Meyers. Team still needs a number one though

i still would give a two and a four this year and a day two pick next year for judy.... or i bite the bullet on 14 for judy

Makes you wonder though.

McDaniels could've had Smith-Schuster for the same amount.

Why did he select Jakobi instead?

McDaniels may need guys who buy into his system. He still may have faith in Hunter Renfrow. Who knows?

But just because McDaniels chose Meyers over Smith-Schuster doesn't mean Meyers is a better fit for this offense.

LOL!! Same exact money as Meyers. I don't get it. I would have kept the WR that we already know has a good connection with the QB. But, perhaps a lateral move, Meyers --> Juju.

Now onto a true WR1. And a TE1b.
Im Not No Way GIF

Because he has a CLEAR #1 (Adams) and was looking for a more reliable (Meyers) and steady locker-room guy, while, apparently, the Pats were looking for someone who might go higher.

My nephew just told me that Felger called this a "lateral move" which I find hilarious since Meyers is involved.

Actually, Felger says it is a downgrade and he would rather have Meyers.

The extra seasons and the injuries mean something despite the pg comparisons.

Look at it this way--lat year no one gave JuJu more than $3.7m

Fair point, though he was coming off an injury and needed to prove something (which to some extent he did last year).

Interesting contract... just for comparison's sake:

Jakobi Meyers: 60 games, 235 catches (3.92/g), 2758yds (46/g), 8 TDs

JuJu: 79 games, 401 catches (5.08/g), 4788yds (60.6/g), 29 TDs

Both get the same contract. JuJu has some injury problems, but still, surprising that the market would value them the same, especially with JuJu coming off a good season and a ring.
After everyone screaming that Meyers and Schuster are interchangeable, those stats are pretty eye-popping. One of those things is not like the other.
Actually, Felger says it is a downgrade and he would rather have Meyers.
The PUN is "lateral." I don't care who said it - that's funny as hell.

JuJu is better than Meyers, guys. He really is. Not by a ton, but still.....

If you could improve your performance by 5% for the exact same cost, wouldn't you do it? I would.
It's by more than I expected, to be honest. It's a slight upgrade for the same money, but he's not a #1.

Honestly I like the upside of having Juju as a WR2 more than I like Meyers at that spot. We've already seen what Juju can do when he has a great WR1 next to him. But the team still needs to trade for an actual WR1 for this signing to be worth it.

Get a #1, then let Juju be WR2, with Bourne/Thornton as options 3 and 4.

Now you’re cooking.
again i give up a 2 and and a four and a 2024 day 2 pick for judy ... i would also give the 14 for judy but o line and cb are needs....

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back