PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Showing Serious Interest in JuJu Smith-Schuster (Update: Done)

Anybody get the feeling Juju camp is stirring this up to nudge the Chiefs a little? From Mahomes to Mac yeah right.

Who said that if the Pats sign him that they don't still trade for Hopkins or Jeudy?
I read today the Broncos want a #1 for Jeudy so I’d be passing on him

If this goes through I’m gonna guess they’re out on Jeudy since they both play the slot. I’m betting they’ll be in on Hop even more though.

I read today the Broncos want a #1 for Jeudy so I’d be passing on him

What they want and what they will take aren't always the same. Teams always claim they want the world for their players and then, many times, take a hell of a lot less. I wouldn't be shocked if they traded him for a second rounder. If you say you will take a second rounder for him, that is all you are going to get. You say you won't part with him for less than a first, you might get a first.

If this goes through I’m gonna guess they’re out on Jeudy since they both play the slot. I’m betting they’ll be in on Hop even more though.
And IF I'm D-Hop I would choose another Destination with a chance at a ring at his age.

We had Brandon Lloyd in 2012, Brandon LaFell in 2014 and Cooks in 2017 who were all boundary WRs.
I stand corrected - forgot about the 3 B’s… Schuster had 933 last year, LeFell had 953 in 2014, Lloyd hsd 912 in 2912, snd Cooks blew them all away with 1173 in 2916. I still prefer bringing in Schuster as the best option not named “Brandon/Brandin@ available..

Makes sense for JuJu, too. He gets an upgrade at head coach and QB. Not only would Mac be an upgrade at QB, but he has more staying power in the league. Mahomes has taken an absolute beating in his first 5 years in the league. Mac plays smarter and can dice up a defense from within the pocket. Doesn't need to take unnecessary risks like some unsophisticated savage.

Jeudy played primarly outside his rookie season. He did have 52 catches for 856 yards and 3 TDs with Drew Lock throwing to him.

The Pats had Edelman and Amedola on the roster at the same time where Edelman moved to be more of an outside receiver from more of a slot guy. It wouldn't be precidence if the Pats had both Smith-Schuster and Jeudy on the roster.

Makes sense for JuJu, too. He gets an upgrade at head coach and QB. Not only would Mac be an upgrade at QB, but he has more staying power in the league. Mahomes has taken an absolute beating in his first 5 years in the league. Mac plays smarter and can dice up a defense from within the pocket. Doesn't need to take unnecessary risks like some unsophisticated savage.
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I get it juju thinking of the new possibilities. :rofl:
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

I know you are being sarcastic, but Mac Jones may very well be an upgrade from the 2022 Russell Wilson. As bad as Mac played last year, Wilson played worse.

He left because the pats did not give him anywhere close to a competitive offer. That’s been reported by multiple sources .
I have not heard or read that anywhere.

I know you are being sarcastic, but Mac Jones may very well be an upgrade from the 2022 Russell Wilson. As bad as Mac played last year, Wilson played worse.
I wasn't being sarcastic.

But I was referring to JuJu, not Jeudy. Although the same obviously applies to Jeudy as well.

At least in this case if we miss out i just have to play one of his stupid tiktok videos and be fine with not getting him

IF Geno Smith can look all world like the come back player of the year so can Wilson who almost won two SB's. That said Mac Jones is not in Wilson's league on his worse day.

As bad as Mac played last year, Wilson played worse.
This is debatable.

Mac Jones may very well be an upgrade from the 2022 Russell Wilson
Not in 2023. Expect a moderate rebound from Wilson with Sean Payton. Enough of a rebound where he'll out perform Mac.

Juju played for the chiefs last season, bud.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back