PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots Showing Serious Interest in JuJu Smith-Schuster (Update: Done)

Nice pickup Pats.

AFC East is taking things to the next level this year. Should be fun.

For you it will be fun until the season starts. Then Aaron "Trojan Horse" Rodgers will set about fulfilling the SOJ credo.

Schuster's numbers are better than Jakobi's. I like Jacobi, but if you want to upgrade, this is it. Still need a #1.

I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but it smells like BB gambled again and lost.
They're almost the same player, and considering Meyers far better attitude and built-chemistry, Meyers was worth more to keep.
All this means is that BB was playing his typical cold-shoulder hardball, and Meyers called his bluff and left.
Then, the Pats got shocked (again!) and had to pay more than they wanted for the next best guy.
ANOTHER INEPT FUMBLE BY BB THE GM.
Wrong. The Pats told Jakobi they couldn't match the Raiders offer, then the next day matched it with the guy they preferred.

Wrong. The Pats told Jakobi they couldn't match the Raiders offer, then the next day matched it with the guy they preferred.
Who knows if they are right or wrong, but that seems to be what happened.

The problem is we don't have any star power anywhere. If we had 1-2 i'd agree.
We have a pretty decent base of good players and young developing players we are building on though.
Mac
Stevenson
Thornton
Juju
Bourne
Henry
Strange
Andrews (leadership)
Onwenu
Barmore
Judon
Uche
Bentley
Jones, jones, jones
Dugger
Mills
Peppers

We have more room for FAs and a draft class.
If we get good OL play this team will look night and day better than last year.

Patricia so wasted Thornton ...
I was tired of seeing him run 10 yards to the middle and useless ...
not schemed to be in the play at all ...
a 10 player offense ... 9 if Smith on the field at the same time.
WTF is Thornton contributing if used like that.

Patricia sucked worse than suck ... the abyss of suck.

View attachment 50461
The suckiest suck in the suck abyss you might say.

This was the clearest case imaginable of the coaches and scouts comparing two similar players and preferring one over the other, with no extraneous factors involved like age (the same), injury status (both healthy), or price (exactly the same). NE had their choice between 2 players they knew very well, and they made their choice. That's good enough for me. Who tf here or on TV is a better judge of talent or fit?

Patricia so wasted Thornton ...
I was tired of seeing him run 10 yards to the middle and useless ...
not schemed to be in the play at all ...
a 10 player offense ... 9 if Smith on the field at the same time.
WTF is Thornton contributing if used like that.

Patricia sucked worse than suck ... the abyss of suck.

View attachment 50461
Icy that's so funny but true the D didn't really have to guard both T Thornton and Jonnu if they are in the Offensive package at the same time advantage Defense. Boy Patricia's Offense was so predictable look another screen pass. :rolleyes:

We probably should all prepare ourselves for the idea that there's a good possibility the WR corps will be Parker/Juju/Bourne/Thornton in 2023.
Pretty sure it will be (but not in that order) and I’m good with it.
Only move I could see is upgrading Parker because he would have no dead money and a first year hit would be much higher.

AB: 146 Games, 83 TDs, 607 1D, 13.2 Y/R, 84.2 Y/G, 66.0 Catch%
SS: 219 Games, 81 TDs, 648 1D, 14.3 Y/R, 67.3 Y/G, 59.0 Catch%

Antonio Brown was a better WR than Steve Smith.
ENOUGH already about AB. You guys made your points 4 pages ago. Can we get back to the topic at hand

So what do yall think?

Trade for Dhop?

Trade for Jeudy?

Or draft someone in the first round?

So I’m hearing this deal is way cheaper than reported?

3 years 25.5 million.

If true then this is a great deal.

I've read about half the pages in this thread and I am sadly NOT surprised by the fact the mob is shocked and disappointed by this signing even though they have NO idea how this contract plays out. Jacobi's deal is essentially a series of one year deals that the Raider can walk away from at any time. I have no idea how the Pats structured this deal, and neither do any of you.

As to the player and the comparison of the 2 guys, I'm on the side that its a upgrade. Its an upgrade on the YAC. It's an upgrade in getting separation. It's an upgrade on the quickness and explosiveness. THAT'S what I see with my eyeballs when I think of Juju SS.

But that being said, its not like we signed a monster impact WR. There WERE no #1 needle pushing WR's to be had in in this years FA. And we got on of the better one's available. So its a win for me. If you think Jacobi is better, you are entitled I guess because you are all smarter than the rest of us.

As for Dhop, that's a hard pass. He's essentially a much older and more often injured version of Juju or Meyers....AND more expensive. I'm very intrigued about a possible Jeudy trade after BCG filled me in on him. I doubt the Broncos even try to move him with Payton in town. He needs all the receiver help he can get.

So in the end I think we are going to have to see if we can pick up a diamond in the rough in the 4th round because the first 3 picks are going to going to other positions .....IMHO

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back