PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Brandon Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots will release Brandon Lloyd

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
The Patriots will release Brandon Lloyd, according to a source.

Good move.

Flame on

Re: Patriots will release Brandon Lloyd

Im really surprised.

Another fax blunder!!!! ;)

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
The Patriots will release Brandon Lloyd, according to a source.

Deuces.....

He will be back by camp once he realizes he can't get more than a 1 year veteran minimum deal.

Deuces.....

He will be back by camp once he realizes he can't get more than a 1 year veteran minimum deal.
True. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back, considering what free agency was like for him last year.

It obviously wasn't a production issue.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Oh. Assume a pay cut/return is still a possibility, though. RT @jeffphowe: The Patriots will release Brandon Lloyd, according to a source.

im not sure i like this move....now you have NO receivers on the roster who know and can perform in the system....

the new guys better get our system

Money money money :eek:

I think we draft a WR early now regardless of if we get Sanders. With this it also means there's a good chance Edelman's back.

A total retooling of this grouping. Guess I'm kind of getting my wish. I wanted Lloyd gone because a team with championship aspirations couldn't start a three down WR with zero after catch play making skills....and the small ball Welker-centric offense couldn't put up points the last game every year. Never thought they'd kick'em all to the curb though.

so we save 3 M?

Welcome to NE Sanders?

I said Lloyd SUCKED! and got flamed for it you hypocrites. Lloyd is too soft to be a Patriot WR the very WR's BB exposed...ie Holt and Bruce. The ones who spend more times on there knees than a Tai prostitute.:rolleyes:

I think Bedard puts it well:
Patriots WR Brandon Lloyd will be released, but he could return. Maybe even quickly. Can't see how there's any market for him.

I didn't think he was that bad. I actually thought he did a good job for the time he had here.

Am I lost? Lloyd is a good #2/#3 WR, why wouldn't a team offer him 2-3 million a year, he can't be that much of a headcase.

I think he's gone for good IMO.

His YAC was atrocious but he wasnt terrible

True. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back, considering what free agency was like for him last year.

He has played for a lot of teams in his career and never stuck. Red flag. NE usually is the last chance for those types. Ocho, Albert, etc...

I think we draft a WR early now regardless of if we get Sanders. With this it also means there's a good chance Edelman's back.

I think we will draft another X receiver to compete with Jones for the starting role. 1st or 2nd round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back