PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots release Brandon Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots will release Brandon Lloyd

im not sure i like this move....now you have NO receivers on the roster who know and can perform in the system....

the new guys better get our system

Obviously WR and TE aren't the same but I think it is important and obviously goes without being said but I will say it anyways. His two top targets are Gronk and AHern so its not a complete retool.

1 of the 3 needs to step up huge to maintain the status quo of the prior Wes and 2TE trio. More realistically as a group of 3 (plus a rookie maybe) they need to do better and be more balance that the last years WR group.

In odd way it almost doesnt matter how they get the system because Brady will have to figure out how to use a few of them regardless of system knowledge as their aren't any WR who do get the system.

I said Lloyd SUCKED! and got flamed for it you hypocrites. Lloyd is too soft to be a Patriot WR the very WR's BB exposed...ie Holt and Bruce. The ones who spend more times on there knees than a Tai prostitute.:rolleyes:

You may have been a member of the Lloyd is Lame orchestra....but I was the conductor....the MAESTRO......la la lame

It would be nice to have one guy that can work the sideline. Hopefully a 1st round receiver like Hopkins or, worst case, Lloyd for on a vet min contract

Patriots will release Brandon Lloyd

Am I lost? Lloyd is a good #2/#3 WR, why wouldn't a team offer him 2-3 million a year, he can't be that much of a headcase.

I think he's gone for good IMO.

6 NFL teams far is a question mark.

It was all about that roster bonus.

50-50 chance he's back in TC.

Obviously WR and TE aren't the same but I think it is important and obviously goes without being said but I will say it anyways. His two top targets are Gronk and AHern so its not a complete retool.

1 of the 3 needs to step up huge to maintain the status quo of the prior Wes and 2TE trio. More realistically as a group of 3 (plus a rookie maybe) they need to do better and be more balance that the last years WR group.

In odd way it almost doesnt matter how they get the system because Brady will have to figure out how to use a few of them regardless of system knowledge as their aren't any WR who do get the system.

3 TE set with 2 WR who play slot roles like Amendola and Sanders. Throw deep seam routes and post ups to the TE's throw underneath to the WR and you have 3 TE's out in front blocking. Mix in Jones as a X receiver from time to time.

Who is Brady going to throw to? Even if we sign Sanders, he' a third WR on a mediocre passing team. As it stands right now, this WR crew is worse than 06. Am I the only person who thought Lloyd was productive last year? The guy nearly had 1000 yards. I can't imagine Brady envisioned this receiving core when he reworked his deal.

Amendola - unproven china doll
Donald Jones - unproductive Bills reject
Slater - should be only on special teams
Gronk - finished last two years hurt
Hernandez - injury prone

I honestly think there are plenty of Division 1 secondaries that could check this core.

You may have been a member of the Lloyd is Lame orchestra....but I was the conductor....the MAESTRO......la la lame

Welker, Talib situations.......

If your the maestro of any orchestra, it is one that can play only one note.

He has played for a lot of teams in his career and never stuck. Red flag. NE usually is the last chance for those types. Ocho, Albert, etc...

Unlike those types though, Lloyd was productive. He didn't exactly find new life joining the Pats like Randy Moss or Corey Dillon did, but he was a good #2 WR, at least statistically. But I was hoping for the more explosive version that we saw with Denver, and that never came to fruition.

It would be nice to have one guy that can work the sideline. Hopefully a 1st round receiver like Hopkins or, worst case, Lloyd for on a vet min contract

I hope its not the latter.:snob:

Unlike those types though, Lloyd was productive. He didn't exactly find new life joining the Pats like Randy Moss or Corey Dillon did, but he was a good #2 WR, at least statistically. But I was hoping for the more explosive version that we saw with Denver, and that never came to fruition.

Lets just see what else happens before we jump to conclusions.

So, now Brady will need to start with a brand new set of receivers. Of course, one might that our offense is complex and few have come in and did great. Certainly draftees are unlikely to be stars in the their rookie years (or any other year for the patriots).

I still look to us signing at least one of last year's receivers: Lloyd, Edelman and Branch.

Given the situation, we probably need an addition wide receivers coach.

im not sure i like this move....now you have NO receivers on the roster who know and can perform in the system....

the new guys better get our system

I've got a feeling that the system is going to change. A new WR group. I don't see Amendola as a Welker replacement but more of a outside WR who can play slot to. I think that they will start to use the receivers more on the outside and not flood the middle like before. New system to be less predictable and less defendable(flooding the middle).

Am I lost? Lloyd is a good #2/#3 WR, why wouldn't a team offer him 2-3 million a year, he can't be that much of a headcase.

His market is probably 0 teams. I would put $$ on it he will be back and maybe soon after the whole sanders thing is over

Lets just see what else happens before we jump to conclusions.

What conclusion was I jumping toward?

Lloyd was canned because of his off-field problems and bonus made him the most cuttable as much or more his on the field performance. The fact that the Pats tried to renegotiate with him says they didn't feel he sucked. They would have cut him anyway.

The Lloyd haters got their wish though. They replaced Lloyd with the dynamic Donald Jones, maybe Emmanuel Sanders. I hope to God we are talking about those two guys in the same vein as Doug Gabriel, Donald Hayers, Chad Ochocinco, etc. or the rumors the Pats are trying to trade for a #1 WR are true.

I am not going celebrate losing the best WR the Pats have arguably had since 2005 other than Welker, Moss, and Branch in 2010. Not upset until I see how the offseason plays out, but the loss of both Welker and Lloyd could be a major blow to this offense. Losing one is tough (although Welker much, much more), but both could be a major misstep considering how many free agent WR busts they have had.

So, now Brady will need to start with a brand new set of receivers. Of course, one might that our offense is complex and few have come in and did great. Certainly draftees are unlikely to be stars in the their rookie years (or any other year for the patriots).

I still look to us signing at least one of last year's receivers: Lloyd, Edelman and Branch.

Given the situation, we probably need an addition wide receivers coach.

I'd point out that the only time WR struggled to grasp the system were when O'Brien was the OC when JM has been here we've integrated new WR's without much issue. Also point out Gronk and AH had very productive seasons receiving the football as rookies.

The team probably DID offer Lloyd 2-3 million a year (old salaries, no bonus). Lloyd didn't accept. This may be deja vu all over again. Lloyd will likely sign elsewhere at 2-3 million a year. And we will again argue about whose fault it was.

Huge disappointment for me. While not terrible, he wasn't nearly the receiver I was hoping him to be. If he's gone for good I won't miss him too much.

I've got a feeling that the system is going to change. A new WR group. I don't see Amendola as a Welker replacement but more of a outside WR who can play slot to. I think that they will start to use the receivers more on the outside and not flood the middle like before. New system to be less predictable and less defendable(flooding the middle).

That's the point my friend the Dink and dunk approach doesn't win SB's anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes