PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots re-signing Ben Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pox on your house,QM!!!

I would think that we would activate Harris if Bolden is to take on FB responsibilities.

Will be interesting to see if Bolden is to take on a semi regular role as FB. No doubt in my mind that Bolden is one of those guys that BB trusts. He may not light it up but he'll show a burst here and there, and he'll give you what he's got (that consistency aspect).
On Harris, will him making the GD actives also depend on Burkhead's health? Damn, the O has so many thin spots due to injury it's hard to know.

I’d like Bolden at fallback if only he were 30 pounds heavier

Bring back Patterson, use him as a FB, guy is a beast.

View attachment 24651

@shmessy why do you disagree when I say BB isn't a f&^king liar? Do you know him to be a liar?

You made two statements not one. But way to cherry pick.

It’s par for the course for you.

It’s like posting “1. Brady is the greatest. 2. The NY Jets are the greatest”. Someone hits ”Disagree”. You then would respond “Why do you hate Tom Brady?”

Last edited:

You made two statements not one. But way to cherry pick.

It’s par for the course for you.

It’s like posting “1. Brady is the greatest. 2. The NY Jets are the greatest”. Someone hits ”Disagree”. You then would respond “Why do you hate Tom Brady?”

So you disagree that BB reads his hate mail? How would you know?

I’d like Bolden at fallback if only he were 30 pounds heavier

According to the dubious wikipedia, Develin is 6'3" and 255, Bolden is 5'11" 220. So if Bolden was 30 pounds heavier he may officially become the only guy slower than Brady on the team :).

Seriously (and I didn't know this prior), Bolden has some good size for his height, and he appears to play 'big'. I do see your point though in that he's still undersized for a FB. But two weeks at HomeTown Buffet all eating expenses paid by Kraft? He'll add 15 pounds easy and now be perfect :).

How do YOU know?

Neither of us do.

YOU are the only one who made the statement of certitude.

Hence, I disagree.

You’re obviously trolling to get a reaction. Say hi to Mrs. Volin.

And even if BB actually read his hate mail, he sure as hell isn’t going to make decisions based on it.

How do YOU know?

Neither of us do.

YOU are the only one who made the statement of certitude.

Hence, I disagree.

You’re obviously trolling to get a reaction. Say hi to Mrs. Volin.
Because I sent him hate mail disagreeing with his release of Ben and asking him to reconsider, and now he is being re-signed. Thats what I said in my statement dummy.

No trolling here.

Because I sent him hate mail disagreeing with his release of Ben and asking him to reconsider, and now he is being re-signed. Thats what I said in my statement dummy.

No trolling here.

What a waste. Did you use up all your crayons?

What a waste. Did you use up all your crayons?

I have to write with my feet so crayons won't work, but thanks for asking.

Does BB strike you as the sort to give a **** about fans? The fans I know who have interacted with him don't exactly paint that picture.

It's entirely reasonable to disagree with the idea that BB does something. Hitting the disagree button isn't the same as swearing on the Bible and giving testimony that you know for A FACT one way or the other.

************, why do grown men - often of the stripe that loves to repeat the same dumb jokes about safe spaces and being triggered - get so ****ing asshurt about the red X or thumbs down icon on a discussion form?

I like you man but dude, just ignore those little icons.

************, why do grown men - often of the stripe that loves to repeat the same dumb jokes about safe spaces and being triggered - get so ****ing asshurt about the red X or thumbs down icon on a discussion form?
QFT

Does BB strike you as the sort to give a **** about fans? The fans I know who have interacted with him don't exactly paint that picture.

It's entirely reasonable to disagree with the idea that BB does something. Hitting the disagree button isn't the same as swearing on the Bible and giving testimony that you know for A FACT one way or the other.

The heartbreak of iconosoriasis...those ugly icons...what will you do...what will you do?

I like you too man, and idgaf about little red Xs, this interaction had little to do with red Xs, I agree with you by the way.

Ben Watson has missed 1 game in the last 6 years. I doubt he can take a lot of hits but he is durable enough and obviously knows how to stay healthy and play smarts. I'm not concerned about his ability to be out there.

That is very useful information, thank you. Certainly past injury history is one important predictor of injury likelihood. However, another important factor is age. He didn’t demonstrate that remarkable string of missing only one game in six years at age 38. There is a very good reason that few non QBs or kickers play at 38. In addition to slowing down, the recovery from minor day to day injuries is much slower. Often older rested veterans can join a new team and look rejuvenated for a few games, but get injured or tail off in performance as they play more snaps and the dings and injuries add up. Heck, we had several somewhat older (but younger than 38) offensive linemen decide to retire during training camp before the season even started.

I think it is great that we have signed Watson, but I would be very surprised if he can play heavy snaps for the rest of the season into the playoffs and maintain performance and remain injury free.

If the Pats were expecting high performance with heavy snaps throughout the season the wouldn’t have cut him in the first place, he would have been worth the $2M. Evidently other teams agreed, because no other team snapped him up when the Patriots cut him.

I disagree. BB went out a got LeCosse early. He signed him to a 2 year, $2.8M contract. He is a blocking TE who had one reception per game last year (24 receptions). He is an OK #2 or #3 TE.

Izzo should be gone, or rather, on the Practice Squad.

Izzo would be a horrible FB. He can't block at all, at least so far this season. Izzo and Lacosse are PS players but they are TEs here cause the Pats dont have anybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST