PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots re-signing Ben Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still feel we'll end up eventually with Watson and Dwayne Allen. That should really shore up the OL and, in Watson's case, at least be a threat for 2-3 catches per game.

I still feel we'll end up eventually with Watson and Dwayne Allen. That should really shore up the OL and, in Watson's case, at least be a threat for 2-3 catches per game.

That would be more ideal than what we’ve got now. Question is where is Dwayne Allen and is he healthy and in shape?

If Allen is healthy before seasons end I’ll take it.

damn, thought this was a "Patriots resign AB" thread.............

;););)

damn, thought this was a "Patriots resign AB" thread.............

;););)

Watson, Allen, Brandon Bolden.......

THESE are the type of TEAM "glue" players that help win championships.

.....and how about the most under-reported contribution of our rookie Punter doing the kickoffs!!!!

THIS is the type of special sauce that makes the Patriots different from the flash that doesn't stay consistent very long (I'm looking at your paper tiger KC Chiefs)..........

If they can get Dwayne Allen back, I wonder how hard the transition would be to do some FB. Blocking is Allen's strength and he's athletic enough. Would add some pass catching versatility too to the position.

Watson, Allen, Brandon Bolden.......

THESE are the type of TEAM "glue" players that help win championships.

.....and how about the most under-reported contribution of our rookie Punter doing the kickoffs!!!!

THIS is the type of special sauce that makes the Patriots different from the flash that doesn't stay consistent very long (I'm looking at your paper tiger KC Chiefs)..........

The great coach-Qb pairing is what makes the Patriots different. History's pretty clear that "glue" players don't lead to sustained elite play.

… and, in Allen's case, at least a threat for 2-3 catches per season.

If they can get Dwayne Allen back, I wonder how hard the transition would be to do some FB. Blocking is Allen's strength and he's athletic enough. Would add some pass catching versatility too to the position.

Either him or Izzo would most likely take that role with the other used as the 2nd TE.

Would Watson’s contract have been guaranteed if he played on his original deal vs Skins or Giants similar to playing week one not suspended?

Either him or Izzo would most likely take that role with the other used as the 2nd TE.

REPEAT TEN TIMES
Among TE, Izzo is one of the very worst blockers in the NFL.

Yes, Allen looked awkward all four times he was targeted last year. What is your point?
We aren't considering Allen as a receiver.

Allen looked awkward as a pass catcher.

Yesssssss. F^&king a-right!

Good to see that:

1. BB isn't a f^&king liar;
2. BB reads his hate mail (it worked).

Yesssssss. F^&king a-right!

Good to see that:

1. BB isn't a f^&king liar;
2. BB reads his hate mail (it worked).
Tourette’s?

Izzo can't block but he has 3 ? more catches than lacosse who seems best at keeping the treatment table warm......Watson will contribute more than those two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back