PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots re-signing Ben Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh thank god. We might have been the worst 6-0 team in the 100 year history of the NFL. Everything was going wrong. Team was heading straight down the drain. Watson coming in here to save this ****. Our prayers have been answered now. Just the piece we needed to right this ship.

RING NUMBER 7! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!!

Watson played a lot last year. He's had lots of rest. We have 2 byes coming up. I see him getting lots of reps.

I think it is great that we have signed Watson, but I would be very surprised if he can play heavy snaps for the rest of the season into the playoffs and maintain performance and remain injury free.

If the Pats were expecting high performance with heavy snaps throughout the season the wouldn’t have cut him in the first place, he would have been worth the $2M. Evidently other teams agreed, because no other team snapped him up when the Patriots cut him.

In related news, Watson began his treatment again yesterday and will miss another 8 games due to a second failed PED test.
giphy.gif

Oh thank god. We might have been the worst 6-0 team in the 100 year history of the NFL. Everything was going wrong. Team was heading straight down the drain. Watson coming in here to save this ****. Our prayers have been answered now. Just the piece we needed to right this ship.

RING NUMBER 7! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!!
img12207770.jpg

1)...BB went out a got LaCosse early...He is an OK #2 or #3 TE.

2)...Izzo should be gone, or rather, on the Practice Squad.
1) Completely Disagree

2) Completely Agree

It appears Kessler and Johnson are the players replaced by Watson and Tomlinson, which means LaCosse remains on the roster.

Team went from 2 TEs (Izzo, LaCosse) to four (I, LaC, Ben, T). Understand Tomlinson replaces a FB.

It appears BB wants to wait for LaCosse to recover from his injury, at least for now. In 2 weeks they could have Harry back in the fold, so at that point one of these TEs may be cut again. I would send Izzo back to PS, if the Watson/Tomlinson experiment pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News