PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots offense sees 'light at the end of the tunnel'

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have said, it really comes down to the offensive line. All the other elements have to work of course, the running backs, the quarterback, receivers, but none of that works without the line performing better.

As for the wide receiver comparisons between this year and last year, I would take Sanu and Harry over Hogan and Patterson. But the new guys have to start proving it.

Yes, thank you. I mean, NE wanted to draft Sanu in 2012 and they tried to deal for him in the spring and I doubt BB doesnt as Brady his take after 20 years. Born at night, not last night. He's better than Hogan right now. And, it's pretty obvious Sanu was a make up call from BB to Brady with Antonio Brown's antics and Brady actually having only him stay at his house with special treatment, which was absolutely ridiculous. That's another story altogether.

Anyway, when Harry has gotten some peeks from Brady, you can see there is something there, even with certain kinds of routes on 1st read to help him along.

"One of the things Harry did well in college was catch-and-run stuff. Tough to tackle. Made people miss. Elusive for a bigger player.

Patriots have run one screen to him this year. Came against Philly. Picked up four yards. Might look a little different with Wynn at LT." pic.twitter.com/y3Ijb5zDQd

Even if you were to start introducing Harry as a gadget player at times like what Patterson was, he should at least be incorporated more.

With Meyers, I just think he needs to be out there with some consistency. When Sanu or Edelman need a breather, stick him out there and hit him on a 1st read of those 12-15 plays he and Brady like together.

When did Brady ask for Sanu?

The Patriots run a complex offensive system for receivers and Brady needs them to be exact and precise. Some seem to get it and some don't. I would think the team thought Sanu's skills would translate well so I am hoping that he can get it going an we didn't waste a second round pick.
Sanu looked more than fine back when he had more than 3 days on the team and before he got hurt.

I am not blaming. I am asking him to be better along with the entire offense. If you know teams will double Edelman and throw a nickel on White, you can use that to mess with the D.

Regardless of what John Whinebaiugh claims about "deception" being illegal, it's not. A lot of the execution comes from how a play is set up and how plays are strung together to get a positive result

At the very least, more 2 back sets in the middle of the field on drives, using those RBs the same ways (running inside and out, pass receiving, maybe a decoy, and blocking), will give the D a lot to think about as opposed to what they've been doing recently.

I’m a fan of the two-back pony formation. It’s too bad you couldn’t just come here with some suggestions on how to improve the offense rather than treating the forum as a conglomerate of morons who are Brady fan boys with no football knowledge.

It’s so obvious that Brady is injured; not sure why Occam’s razor doesn’t work here. Are there some big problems with protection and the skill players? Yes. Does that explain why an offense that historically finishes in the top 10, even under the worst circumstances (injuries/lack of talent) is now arguably the very worst offense in the league since around week 4?

The guy is probably the most skilled athlete I’ve ever seen at concealing pain and injuries. He’s played through so many in the past that you only found out about after the season. He frequently lies to the media and says he isn’t injured seriously when he is (like when he said his knee was fine last year after that stupid receiving play.). He doesn’t even grimace; he gets concussed and avoids showing any signs of it. So when he shows up at a presser with his elbow wrapped with like 20 layers of athletic tape, there’s probably a reason for that. Yes, a bad injury to the right elbow of a quarterback is going to effect his play.

All of these things are correct. Receivers aren’t getting a lot of separation, are running the wrong routes, dropping passes, the offensive line is struggling, the running game is struggling, etc., but football is also a sport where there are domino effects. Example, when teams aren’t afraid the QB will slice them up, they’ll focus more on the run. When teams can see a QB/WR corps aren’t communicating well they are going to blitz more. At the heart of this, I think Brady’s injury is most responsible for the offensive problems, and hopefully it heals up and we see very different results. Suddenly this “lack of separation” will be enough separation after all, the pass rush won’t be so effective (since he’s being beaten by his inaccuracy and hesitance to throw into tight windows), and the newer guys like Sanu, Meyes, and Harry may get some momentum going. It can change fast. Brady seemed to indicate in his comments this week that things are about to change. I take that to mean he’s finally healthy enough to be Brady again and carry an offense, like he’s done throughout his career.

“Occam’s razor” = whatever closest conforms to speaker’s opinion

Oh god. Now the injury excuse. If that's true, why is he trying to throw 40+ times per game while ignoring using the run game with RBs benched or even Inactive?

You people come up with the same things every year on the Excuse Rolodex.

"no deep threat"

"no separation"

"Brady hurt"

"our RBs suck"

"O Line Sucks"

"BB sucks as a GM"

Rinse and repeat.

The anti-BB media, led by some ***** like Bedard does this, as a way to take shots at BB, as Brady somehow goes unchecked after skipping OTAs and being half interested in putting the time in with the personnel.

And then, that narrative gets repeated over and over to the point even our fans buy into it.

You are just so much smarter than everyone else. Thanks again for your brilliance.

I’m a fan of the two-back pony formation. It’s too bad you couldn’t just come here with some suggestions on how to improve the offense rather than treating the forum as a conglomerate of morons who are Brady fan boys with no football knowledge.

Umm, I did make the suggestions as to why and how it would be used.

Your buddy Brady refuses it and just wants to throw to Edelman. Until he actually shows he gets it, you’re going to see a crap offense. His offense.

Sweet insecurity.

You are just so much smarter than everyone else. Thanks again for your brilliance.

Here’s another one. Could not be any more insecure as he refuses to have a simple discussion.

Anger with every keystroke and 4 word mumbo jumbo response. lmao

Please ban this obvious troll.

You said in another thread you somehow missed the Stephenson Experience, still feel like you missed anything worthwhile? And he's barely even warmed up yet. You think having more than a third of the 150 posts on this thread so far is obsessive overkill? Kid stuff, just wait til he gets to 30-40 back to back C&P's of his own comment section posts at PFT to give his opinions here 'expert' backup.

I'm telling you man, things are only gonna get warmer and warmer until the meltdown. The last few weeks of the season are going to be 'interesting' in more ways than one.

Isn't somewhat suspicious though that we didn't hear of "separation" issues from Sanu in Atlanta, and now he arrives in NE, and it's "no one can get separation"?

I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of this is tied to Goodell cheating, where they allow defenses to maul in man coverage.

I've seen some crap pass Ds slow our offense down this year. I mean, Brady shreds zone, some crap man coverage team comes in that's used to playing a lot of zone, they play man, and they are awesome.

I am just not buying it. They need to run the **** out of it until they can force some zone. This i on Brady and McD to accomplish this.

There was that one first drive vs the Giants and it showed up nicely vs Dallas, where they did an awesome job getting everyone touches, while running a bunch to show they will run.

Then they get away from it. This is a McDaniels problem. Always has been, and I have absolutely no idea why Brady at age 42, and even BB as the coach, doesn't demand more runs.

It's not a health problem. The O Line is healthy (yes, I realize Karras is trying to come back from the sprain).

Sanu has a high ankle sprain 3 weeks ago, that doesnt just dissapear. He is healing and will get back to getting separation again by playoffs. Edelman is def playing hurt, Brady is playing hurt. Everyone was sick for the Texans game,Harry was hurt for the first 8 games. Newhouse is a revolving door, it's been one of those years. Also, not to mention that Cannon was super hurt for a while and we got completely screwed by the refs while playing the Chiefs. This team has the foundation, they just need to put it together

I was really discouraged by the film study I watched this week that showed that the offensive line is complete garbage. I'm not sure how that gets fixed with the current personnel.
We do have the best staff of coaches.

This ultimately prevailed last season; hopefully will again this year.

they did an awesome job getting everyone touches, while running a bunch to show they will run.

Then they get away from it. This is a McDaniels problem. Always has been, and I have absolutely no idea why Brady at age 42, and even BB as the coach, doesn't demand more runs.
There are situational occasions where it's just stupid not to run the damn ball, but McDaniels has Tom drop back anyway. Tom's so good that it works very often.

I feel like our defense could turn it on come the playoffs but is this offense gonna be good enough to score more than 20? 3 games to get some type of rhythm.

The talent is almost the same as last year and they're better and deeper at WR. Cordarrelle Patterson? Old man Hogan about to retire are better than Sanu and Dorsett and a 1st rd pick talent in Harry?

Again, not buying the Brady Apologist angle on this topic, because that's what the elephant in the room is. Brady is either fading away in front of our eyes OR he's underachieving with the personnel he has.

The talent on offense is not remotely close to last year. Andrews, Develin and Gronkowski gone is enormous in myriad ways. Blocking, receiving, options for Brady.

Left tackle has been THE weakness on the offense until Wynn returned. Marshall Newhouse.

The receiving corps has been a revolving door of guys with injuries, including Edelman. Sony Michel, Tom Brady and Edelman are the only skill players who have played in all 13 games.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and the tape continues to prove that. And, since you have nothing but insane takes to offer, we're done here.

Don't go. It was just getting fun.

Here’s another one. Could not be any more insecure as he refuses to have a simple discussion.

Anger with every keystroke and 4 word mumbo jumbo response. lmao

I Love the Sound of My Own Voice (Nick Lowe's I Love the Sound of Breaking Glass)

I love the sound of my own voice
Especially when I'm lonely
I need the posts of confusion
When there's nothing new
Oh nothing new, sound of my own voice
Deep into the night
I love the sound of repetition
Flying all around
Oh all around, sound of my own voice
Nothing new, sound of my own voice
Oh all around, sound of my own voice
Nothin' new, sound of my own voice
Safe at last sound of my own voice
Deep into the night
I love the work on it can do
Oh all the time
Oh a change of mind
Sound of my own voice
All around, sound of my own voice
Nothing new, sound of my own voice
My own voice, sound of my own voice
Sound of my own voice
Sound of my own voice
Sound of my own voice
Sound of my own voice
Sound of my own voice
Sound of my own voice

Let's at least wait until the Adderal wears off. Long posts every 4 minutes or so is quite amazing.
As long as they don't last 4 hours he doesn't need medical attention.

I feel like our defense could turn it on come the playoffs but is this offense gonna be good enough to score more than 20? 3 games to get some type of rhythm.
What if we get a 2 seed. Then in the first round we win a close game with a last second FG say 16-13
We got to the AFCCG and the offense only scores 1 TD gains less than 270 yards but we score on a blocked kick and a kick return and win.
Then we go to the SB muster up less than 270 yards again, score in d and the offense only manages 10 points until a last second game winning FG?
Far fetched?

What if we get a 2 seed. Then in the first round we win a close game with a last second FG say 16-13
We got to the AFCCG and the offense only scores 1 TD gains less than 270 yards but we score on a blocked kick and a kick return and win.
Then we go to the SB muster up less than 270 yards again, score in d and the offense only manages 10 points until a last second game winning FG?
Far fetched?

That team will always be my #1 team forever....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST