PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Minicamp 6-8-2022

Interesting that Nixon is virtually the same height and weight as Tyquan- both 6'2'' and Nixon is listed as 180 and Tyquan as 182. Haven't heard people complaining that Nixon is too scrawny - maybe it's the bigger wrists. :)

If the team is committed to getting as much speed on the field as possible Nixon makes sense.

No longer carrying a FB improves his chances.

If he maintains his current pace of performance, I would think they would carry Nixon over Asiasi and Keene regardless
I totally agree both have been pretty useless up to this point.

I totally agree both have been pretty useless up to this point.
Their impact has been zero.

Seems Asiasi can catch a ball here and there but hes not passing HH and Jonnu.

If the team is committed to getting as much speed on the field as possible Nixon makes sense.

No longer carrying a FB improves his chances.

If he maintains his current pace of performance, I would think they would carry Nixon over Asiasi and Keene regardless
Assuming health they’re going to carry 3 TE’s minimum but more likely 4. Consider they always carried 3 and a FB before. Prior to Develin they carried or tried to carry 4 TE’s.

What is going on with Tre Nixon? Wow

I wasn't expecting this...

Parker, Bourne, Meyers, Agholor, Tyquan.... and Tre? 6 WRs would be a surprise.

A surprise maybe, but not a complete shock, especially with Bolden & Jake Johnson no longer in the building...

Assuming health they’re going to carry 3 TE’s minimum but more likely 4. Consider they always carried 3 and a FB before. Prior to Develin they carried or tried to carry 4 TE’s.
Tackle eligible is still an option with the extra Offensive Lineman.

Interesting that Nixon is virtually the same height and weight as Tyquan- both 6'2'' and Nixon is listed as 180 and Tyquan as 182. Haven't heard people complaining that Nixon is too scrawny - maybe it's the bigger wrists. :)

Where have you read that Nixon is 6'2?

Oh, and as far as comparing Nixon to Thornton is concerned, remember - and this is kinda important, so pay attention - Tre Nixon wasn't the 50th overall pick of his entire draft year.

Those were also the days when they only carried 4 WRs and threw to 2-3 of them.

Times are changing.

A weak spot from a year ago Instantly got better with the Parker and Thornton additions. A year two Bourne and Agholor now Tre Nixon?? better days are truly ahead.:cool:
I'm sort of having deja vu to 2007. Caldwell was clearly our best wr in 06 and we let him go like yesterday's news when Randy, Stallworth etc came along the following year. Harry is most likely a goner but the biggest surprise would be if Meyers gets pushed off the roster. I think some shocking cuts are going to happen this year on offense and defense.

Where have you read that Nixon is 6'2?

Oh, and as far as comparing Nixon to Thornton is concerned, remember - and this is kinda important, so pay attention - Tre Nixon wasn't the 50th overall pick of his entire draft year.
Patriots.com listed him as 6'2.

I'm pretty sure weight had just about nothing to do with where either guy was drafted. Or 6'2 179 Jameson Williams either.

So who’s the UDFA who’ll make the roster, per Zack Cox? I didn’t see it.
The link to the web site in the tweet is not obvious...

— Looking for a favorite to continue the Patriots’ streak of keeping at least one undrafted rookie on their Week 1 roster? Our top choice would be Brenden Schooler.

Schooler hasn’t seen much action at his listed position of defensive back, but the former Texas safety/wideout has worked closely with special teams aces Matthew Slater and Cody Davis, splitting off from the defense to run through kicking game-specific drills.

The Patriots lost a lot of special teams talent this offseason (Brandon Bolden, Brandon King, Gunner Olszewski, Jakob Johnson, Chase Winovich) and Slater and Davis likely are approaching the end of their careers at age 36 and 33, respectively. New England needs to restock there, and the uber-athletic Schooler is a prime candidate. He’ll need to stay healthy, though, as he was limited during OTAs.

I'm sort of having deja vu to 2007. Caldwell was clearly our best wr in 06 and we let him go like yesterday's news when Randy, Stallworth etc came along the following year. Harry is most likely a goner but the biggest surprise would be if Meyers gets pushed off the roster. I think some shocking cuts are going to happen this year on offense and defense.
I think the difference between 2007 and 2022 is we didn't add Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back