PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Lose Two OTAs Due To Rule Violation

BB should float the story Raekwon McMillan dropped the dime on JJ... Then JJ had him iced... Put the fear of god into the newbs...

So I was right. Someone in the building is dropping dimes. Not a good look.

If by "someone in the building" you mean the NFLPA observer that saw the schedule and told the Pats they were in violation and that it led them to "self-report" then sure.

but it is... doesn't matter what you call it... rookie camp, otas, mini-camp... whatever... or who complained, if anyone actually did, is meaningless...

Its a mildly interesting story only because there's nothing else going on... its only 2 otas... so a little bit of perspective is needed here...

And please, if its true and not just made up BS because everyone wants to dog on Joe Judge (which is fine- everyone needs a boogieman i guess), point me to a credible source that states this was a retaliatory reaction by a player(s) against Joe Judge... everything else Ive read states otherwise...
I didn't say this was a retaliatory reaction by a player. I'm saying the opposite. This is why the fact it's rookie camp is important. People are saying it's retaliatory.

I didn't say this was a retaliatory reaction by a player. I'm saying the opposite. This is why the fact it's rookie camp is important. People are saying it's retaliatory.
Sorry man, completely mis-read what you wrote

Sigh, people, why not read Mike Reiss' piece? This happened at rookie camp right after the draft. Stop with the rumor mongering of Boston sports media. Read Reiss instead.
My post was more of a joke.. it's a miniscule thing. However judge can't get out of his own way. Anyways..

My post was more of a joke.. it's a miniscule thing. However judge can't get out of his own way. Anyways..

Great post. Yes it is a miniscule thing, and the team self reported.

Of course we get the "doom and gloomers" plus the conspiracy theorists from out of the woodwork. What a world ............................

Great post. Yes it is a miniscule thing, and the team self reported.

Of course we get the "doom and gloomers" plus the conspiracy theorists from out of the woodwork. What a world ............................
Thank you ,I appreciate that. Yeah agreed. I was making light of judge.. how he can't manage a ice cream stand. LOL

I just want camp to finally get here so we can see the competition and how everything is shaping up. I'm expecting to see/hear alot of battles with juju and gonzo. As far as attending camp this year it's up in the air the traffic in and around the area will be chaotic .

Judge's next stop..
Adam Sandler Water GIF

The rumor-mongering here is absurd.

I've worked for public-facing entertainment companies putting out creative content (books, games, etc.) for decades, and I can tell you that the most aggravating thing (until it just became so ridiculous as to be amusing) was the "reporting" leading to internet discussions by people who "knew" what was going on, and, quite frankly, didn't know jack about jack. Their entire opinion was based on getting everything wrong regarding what had actually happened, or why certain decisions were made or certain changes were implemented.

I've even given interviews where the "journalist" (I may never drop those quotes again) would take a piece of something I said and apply it to an entirely different issue just to support their narrative. One guy got me in trouble with a studio with an incredibly unfair headline and lede. I knew the guy so called him on it.

His answer: "You know I need to get the clicks." He admitted gross distortion at my expense for his clicks. Welcome to the world.

This thread is a perfect example of people who think they know what they don't know, because none of us know exactly what happened.

So it’s not exactly Bill’s fault. But Bill has to know this guy is an absolutely shmuck. He basically promoted him after being one of the guys who rode this offense into the ground last year.

Unsurprisingly he is already screwing things up.
The players hate Judge yet BB refuses to let him go. I can’t absolve BB of blame on this. He made that hardo assistant head coach

In the voice of John McEnroe, you cannot be serious:

"
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, it was a meeting violation. According to the source, an observer from the NFL Players Association believed that one of the optional early offseason meetings was a violation, because the 15-minute meeting in question (a special-teams session) was made visible on the internal schedule. In the opinion of the NFLPA, placing the meeting on the formal schedule converted it from “optional” to “mandatory.”

The violation, per the source, had nothing to do with activities on the practice field, including whether or not there was impermissible contact.
Given the consequences, it was an unforced error that forces the Patriots to lose 20 percent of their OTA sessions for 2023."

if this is true, they basically have "Observer' positions that need to justify their pay/existence, when they're combing thru **** and pointing out semantics of a 15 minute special teams meeting to punish us

almost like traffic cops having to hit a quota for tickets... this is disgusting if true and a real bad look for the NFLPA

I retract my previous statement. This whole thing is nonsense. A meeting time got written down and that is somehow a violation?

How hard is it to add the word "optional" to the schedule?

why are you still here exactly? shouldn't you be on a Chiefs board now circle jerking it with those idiots?

and maybe next year, you'll be an Eagles fan going on about Hurts being the best QB.. or whoever the front runner happens to be that year

have some dignity

I retract my previous statement. This whole thing is nonsense. A meeting time got written down and that is somehow a violation?
It didn't say it was optional on the schedule or the meeting time took players over the 4 hours they're allowed to be in the building.

I've heard both theories floated out there.

if this is true, they basically have "Observer' positions that need to justify their pay/existence, when they're combing thru **** and pointing out semantics of a 15 minute special teams meeting to punish us

almost like traffic cops having to hit a quota for tickets... this is disgusting if true and a real bad look for the NFLPA
everyone has to justify their existence.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back