PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots HOF nominees

Parcells?

1 - He quit on the Patriots.
2 - While at the Superbowl team hotel, he was calling the Jets the week BEFORE the game to line up his next job.
3 - He tried to screw the Pats out of compensation by claiming that he was a private consultant for the Jets and not formally employed by them. Taglibue had to intervene, otherwise the Patriots would have received ZERO draft picks.
4 - SOB signed Curtis Martin to a contract which is now outlawed in the NFL.
5 - Stole Curtis Martin from NE.

NEVERI
I feel the same way. Did us wrong, i feel it also. What he did in 3 years was made us viable again! We sucked, it sucked. I was alone in Sports bars in New England watching the game. 2-14 wow. Parcells to me is like the first girlfriend that turned you out, best lover ever type. You hate her for leaving but you remember her as one of a kind. Parcells might not be H.O.F. material but we HAVE TO GIVE HIM HIS DAY! I love the Tuna when he was here, he had Bill B with him. He got us out of a big slump. We gotta thank him, no question in my mind! Give him HIS Day Mr Kraft, Parcells Day, give him a spot at Patriots place, Big Poster. Show videos of his press conferences. Make a category for Krafts HIGH honors award. You have to honor the coach that got you off the scrub island. He braught principals that have been with this franchise for 20+ years.

Julius Adams needs to go in the HOF immediately. It is a travesty that it has taken this long.

Wilfork and Vrabel are the only other ones who belong, but they can wait a year.

The rest are just diluting the HOF.
I forgive you, assuming you were not around in the Fairbanks era. Second only to BB as Pats Team Builder and coach. Apologies to Mike Holovak.

Parcells?

1 - He quit on the Patriots.
2 - While at the Superbowl team hotel, he was calling the Jets the week BEFORE the game to line up his next job.
3 - He tried to screw the Pats out of compensation by claiming that he was a private consultant for the Jets and not formally employed by them. Taglibue had to intervene, otherwise the Patriots would have received ZERO draft picks.
4 - SOB signed Curtis Martin to a contract which is now outlawed in the NFL.
5 - Stole Curtis Martin from NE.

NEVER
Parcells is pond scum.

Parcells for me. Braught a defunked team to the Superbowl in 3 years.
No Superstars except a 1st round qb.
Brought in the PATRIOT WAY.
Taught Bill Bellichick is the biggest for me, hands down.
Mr. Kraft, you know you would not be in your position without this man bad or good. Give him his Day without a vote on it, your the owner.
Pardon Parcells, forgive him and honor him. We old Real Pats fan will recognize him!
No greater gift there is, than a generous heart.

I forgive you, assuming you were not around in the Fairbanks era. Second only to BB as Pats Team Builder and coach. Apologies to Mike Holovak.
It’s hard for me to say a coach who never won a playoff game belongs in a hall of fame.

Vince Wilfork has my vote.

PS: I would vote for John Smith, the convict driving the snowplow before I would vote for deserter Bill Parcells for Pats HOF. Parcells bailing on his own team combined with his despicable public ridicule of Terry Glenn make him persona non grata in my book.

Parcells for me. Braught a defunked team to the Superbowl in 3 years.
No Superstars except a 1st round qb.
Brought in the PATRIOT WAY.
Taught Bill Bellichick is the biggest for me, hands down.
Mr. Kraft, you know you would not be in your position without this man bad or good. Give him his Day without a vote on it, your the owner.
Pardon Parcells, forgive him and honor him. We old Real Pats fan will recognize him!
No greater gift there is, than a generous heart.
Here's the problem with all of this point by point

1. He actively sabotaged their Super Bowl appearance because everyone knew he was on the way out.

2. Saying he had no super stas besides the QB is misleading. First off he had a very solid franchise QB at the most important position. Curtis Martin was a HOF RB, Ty Law was also on the team,

3. We had Pete Carroll between Parcells and Belichick. There was no continuity in philosophy. If Parcells made a Patriot Way (I disagree with that) then it was gone and Bill had to establish it again.

4. The fact is Parcells is not Belichick and he actively worked to keep Belichick off this team.

All that combined with a short tenure and a .500 record make him a non starter. He's already a weak candidate to begin with, but every good thing is marred by a downside and then you have how badly he tried to screw us in the years since leaving and he's a total net negative. There's way too many guys that have net positive contributions to this franchise in a greater way than Parcells.

These Parcells arguments... I look at him and think that he brought the Patriots back from Jete-land. Parcells said before he got here, you could've had an archery match at Foxboro and not hit anyone in the stands. I believe this is accurate. Parcells was here when Kraft bought the team, and that allowed for Kraft to learn what not to do, as also set the ground work for the relationship with Belichick. For that, I will always respect the man.

But...

Parcells undermined the Patriots by taking the Jete job while at the goddam Super Bowl. This is unforgiveable. His punishment (not that he gives a chit) is no Patriots HoF. Hard pass.

Oversight on my part. Julius Adams needs to be in now. Wilfork and Fairbanks deserve it as well. The rest of the list is filler.

Parcells (and Vrabel, and Milloy, and Mankin$, and even the ****ing Receiver) ahead of Fairbanks? Seriously?!?

And to think you used to call yourself Andy Johnson...
You can’t put a coach in the HOF who never won a playoff game.

3. We had Pete Carroll between Parcells and Belichick. There was no continuity in philosophy. If Parcells made a Patriot Way (I disagree with that) then it was gone and Bill had to establish it again.
This is a great point.

I think Parcells deserves credit for being one of the building blocks of franchise success.

Um, but there are a hundred other guys who not only are as well, but really did more for the team.

Bill was here. Yay. All the hyperbole about how bad the team was after three (3) losing seasons which were solely the consequence of letting Flutie go set records that will never be broken and win titles in Canada, were counteracted by Willie arranging an interview with Orthwein, and having the first draft pick - and Bledsoe was the right choice.

Parcells said before he got here, you could've had an archery match at Foxboro and not hit anyone in the stands. I believe this is accurate.
No Doug Flutie

(and a head coach who believed in him)

Instead, they paid $1 million to Hugh Millen :rolleyes:

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results