PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots GM Search

My deepest fear is that Kraft spews some loyalty nonsense to Mac and sticks with him.

I’m not sure I can support the team next year if they make that decision. I’ll just have to take a year off until the dust inevitably settles from another disastrous season.

Not hiring a GM until May (if ever) saves Kraft precious treasure
1705196436133.jpeg

My deepest fear is that Kraft spews some loyalty nonsense to Mac and sticks with him.

I’m not sure I can support the team next year if they make that decision. I’ll just have to take a year off until the dust inevitably settles from another disastrous season.
I will ALWAYS support the team. They can do whatever idiotic things they want to but I will always support the team and I will ultimately always look optimistically at them.

I can kind of see the logic in them going for a special WR high, giving Mac another try with his BFF Josh and an HC that he may jive a bit better with in Mayo, and in the meantime also drafting JJ McCarthy, Bo Nix or Michael Penix later to develop them behind Mac - and probably bring in a low cost veteran, also.

I will ALWAYS support the team. They can do whatever idiotic things they want to but I will always support the team and I will ultimately always look optimistically at them.
I’ll root for them. But just won’t go in emotionally invested whatsoever.

I’ll root for them. But just won’t go in emotionally invested whatsoever.
Oh I’m 100% emotionally invested. By kickoff of game 1 Mayo is my dude. It just sucks that we are stuck with a moron at the top

A guest (local comedian) today on 98.5 talked about Jonathan coveting full control of the franchise and stated that the thought of JK eventually running the Patriots and wanting to be involved in player personnel decisions terrifies him. He compared him to Francis from Pee-wee’s Big Adventure, who obsessively coveted Pee-wee’s bike. That made me laugh.

I’m convinced that he is the ownership puppet-master at this point. Robert’s decisions are really his decisions. I fear that this is going to lead to more emotionally-driven, ill-advised decisions.
Personally, I like the one I saw saying JK is a cross between Sonny and Fredo.

Its probably the most likely option to be honest. Mac was Krafts guy. If they're keeping everyone else around except BB then logically they'll have the same mindset drafting, which means a trade down and selecting Olu or just selecting him at 3. I can't see this organization start to take the need for offense seriously when its never been a priority under Bill to begin with.

Well it seems it's gonna be all internal people, a little disappointing at first, everybody wants fresh new toys but it can work out just as well.

The reports leaked sounds like BB was overwriting everything and everyone in the organization so if these people make the decisions they would originally make, can't get any worse because we were rock bottom in drafting. Hell I would trust the locker room assistant who called the other a Dorito Dink better than BB to make the picks at this point.

Even Nick Caserio could work out being his own man instead of following BBs book.

Yeah, everyone thought Caserio was a bum here. The second he's not getting overriden by Bill he's suddenly good at his job.

THAT'S the context for not burning down the front office after firing Bill. Bill the GM poisoned the well. He didn't have personnel flunkies in the building so much as he actively blew them off for what his buddies OUTSIDE the building fed him about e.g. Harry.

Our new GMs are the ones who made the decision to move on from Jakobi Meyers and to grab JuJu instead. According to Callahan, Belichick was opposed, he wanted to retain Meyers, but eventually he just went with the talent assessors.

It really is wild how badly myopic fans wanted Bill out that they blamed the assessment on Bill instead on our new personnel heads.

One wonders who wanted Tyquan so badly.

Yeah, everyone thought Caserio was a bum here. The second he's not getting overriden by Bill he's suddenly good at his job.

THAT'S the context for not burning down the front office after firing Bill. Bill the GM poisoned the well. He didn't have personnel flunkies in the building so much as he actively blew them off for what his buddies OUTSIDE the building fed him about e.g. Harry.
You blame every bad personnel decision on Bill.

Yet Callahan is out here telling us that it was the front office that pushed out Jakobi Meyers in favor of JuJu.

Well it seems it's gonna be all internal people, a little disappointing at first, everybody wants fresh new toys but it can work out just as well.

The reports leaked sounds like BB was overwriting everything and everyone in the organization so if these people make the decisions they would originally make, can't get any worse because we were rock bottom in drafting. Hell I would trust the locker room assistant who called the other a Dorito Dink better than BB to make the picks at this point.

Even Nick Caserio could work out being his own man instead of following BBs book.
BB wanted to keep Jakobi. The guys you mention here pushed for JuJu instead.

Its probably the most likely option to be honest. Mac was Krafts guy. If they're keeping everyone else around except BB then logically they'll have the same mindset drafting, which means a trade down and selecting Olu or just selecting him at 3. I can't see this organization start to take the need for offense seriously when its never been a priority under Bill to begin with.
16 picks on offense to 11 picks on defense over the last 3 years.
Most of the FAs with big contracts were on offense.

The defense needed a huge overhaul after 2021's debacle.

So, a thought occurred to me this morning - what’s another reason why they would be ambiguous about timing and possibly need to wait so long to get a GM? Well, what if the GM they want is already working for another team?

So, I took a look around the NFL at GM contracts and what I could find. Not always easy to get info on this. The first guy I thought of obviously was Caserio, but he’s on a 6 year deal that still has a couple of years left.

Kept poking around and eventually remembered Jason Licht in Tampa is an ex-NE guy. I checked his contract info… and found that he’s a lame duck. His contract expires at the end of Tampa’s current season, which I assume means once their playoff run ends.

So this got me thinking - what if Tampa has decided to move on from Licht after the season ends, and NE knows this and wants to bring him in? So they’re just waiting on him to become available, but when he’s available is dependent on Tampa’s playoff success?

Then all media reports are unconfirmed hearsay. Can't believe what you want to believe, and claim the report is hearsay when you don't want to believe it.

It is reported that BB wanted to move on from Mac before the 2023 season and Kraft blocked the move. No idea what that has to do with the drafting of Mac - you are trying to correlate to independent decisions - poor logic.

A few posters guessed that Mac was Kraft's guy since it was unlikely BB thought Mac was salvageable after watching him for two seasons. We were told Kraft had nothing to do with player decisions and BB had final say on everyone. Turns out that was hogwash, and now Kraft is exerting greater power by not hiring a GM.

R Kraft wants to mimic J Jones. Might start his own weekly radio interview next season.

The worst thing that can happen to this franchise would be for the owners to get involved in football decisions. They need to do what RK did with Belichick, put the football minds in charge and let them do their job. If they fail find another football mind to replace them,but always keep the atopwatches out of their hands.

The worst thing that can happen to this franchise would be for the owners to get involved in football decisions. They need to do what RK did with Belichick, put the football minds in charge and let them do their job. If they fail find another football mind to replace them,but always keep the atopwatches out of their hands.

But the Krafts didn't put the football minds in charge, the Krafts were pulling the strings on the major decisions. That is the point of the leak - probably leaked from a friend of Bill so potential hiring franchises know BB did not want Mac in 2023 (dumb decision for a football mind).

Why do people keep saying "what RK did with Belichick, put the football minds in charge" when the report is that Kraft was pulling the strings from behind the curtain? (which some of us had already guessed because keeping Mac for 2023 should have made no sense to a football mind).

Guys, Kraft is already pulling the strings, and now does not want to hire a GM. The only conclusion is that the Krafts want to be more involved, pull more strings. Fecking disaster alert!!!

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back