PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Defense is Only Allowing 10 Points/Game the Last 7 Weeks

Fans on here were / are impatient. After two decades of ridiculous success, many had a hard time accepting one rebuild year….
Who accepts losing seasons? lol

2 things about last year.
1. Should have been clear going into 2020 it was a huge dead cap year. I think $25M in dead cap money plus 4+ key players on covid opt-outs.
2. At the same time it was pretty impressive to go 7-9 when Cam's crappy teammates were Izzo, LaCosse, NKeal Harry, and Michel as his starters.

Granted. But there's 7-9, and then there's 2-14. If last year was "paying our dues" for the last 20 years of league supremacy, bring on the 2020s and 2030s. The rest of the league can try to get Goodell to knock us out. :D

Granted. But there's 7-9, and then there's 2-14. If last year was "paying our dues" for the last 20 years of league supremacy, bring on the 2020s and 2030s. The rest of the league can try to get Goodell to knock us out. :D

I would happily accept another 20 years of dominance, with six more Super Bowls, three more heartbreaking SB losses, a controversial Mac-esota Vikings sub forum following his departure, if all it takes is a 7-9 season in 2041 with a 51 year old Cam Newton at QB.

Yes, vs bad offenses/teams other than SD, to whom they surrendered 24 points....We were all pumping the "Boogeymen's" tires in 2019....lets pump the brakes here and wait till we have the receipts the Tennessee and Buffalo games. If the Pats hold them to under 20, then we can play ball with this mumbo jumbo

Feels different. Can't tell until the end though

Patriots defense was solid aside from 2 big runs given up (bench Godchaux and Bentley).

10.5 points a game leads the league recently.

More problematic is the offense leaving 6+ drives stalled in the red zone but whatever, let's keep cheering today and ignore any Achilles Heel.

AND scoring 35.3 a game in the 6 game win streak.

AND scoring 35.3 a game in the 6 game win streak.

And kudos to the defense for so many pick 6's and giving the offense awesome field position.

It's possible for the offense to stall 6 times in the red zone when the defense is playing almost lights out (aside from 2 big runs)

Yes, vs bad offenses/teams other than SD, to whom they surrendered 24 points....We were all pumping the "Boogeymen's" tires in 2019....lets pump the brakes here and wait till we have the receipts the Tennessee and Buffalo games. If the Pats hold them to under 20, then we can play ball with this mumbo jumbo

Very good performance even with the 2 big runs

Patriots defense was solid aside from 2 big runs given up (bench Godchaux and Bentley).

10.5 points a game leads the league recently.

More problematic is the offense leaving 6+ drives stalled in the red zone but whatever, let's keep cheering today and ignore any Achilles Heel.

Neither Godchaux or Bentley were on the field for the 68 yard run, both were on the opposite side of the field for the 40 yarder.

People who understand it’s impossible to never have them, ie everyone who can think a little.
Nobody accepts losing. We know the Pats can't go undefeated every season, but we still don't like to lose the games we do. I think what he's talking about are the chicken little fans who want to clean house fire everyone and cut everyone and start all over at the first sight of a losing season. There are rational fans who don't panic like that, but I wouldn't say they "accept" a losing season

Nobody accepts losing. We know the Pats can't go undefeated every season, but we still don't like to lose the games we do. I think what he's talking about are the chicken little fans who want to clean house fire everyone and cut everyone and start all over at the first sight of a losing season. There are rational fans who don't panic like that, but I wouldn't say they "accept" a losing season
Accepting and liking are not the same thing. Mature, intelligent people understand they have to accept things happening that they don’t like about things they have absolutely no control over. Please explain how a fan of a team, someone who has absolutely zero control over anything regarding the team would go about “not accepting” a losing season.
The only real option to do so is to give up on the team and pick a new one, because the only relationship to the team is rooting for it, so the only way not “not accept” something is to stop.

Accepting and liking are not the same thing. Mature, intelligent people understand they have to accept things happening that they don’t like about things they have absolutely no control over. Please explain how a fan of a team, someone who has absolutely zero control over anything regarding the team would go about “not accepting” a losing season.
The only real option to do so is to give up on the team and pick a new one, because the only relationship to the team is rooting for it, so the only way not “not accept” something is to stop.
I am not doing a 10 page argument over the semantics of the word accept.

Nobody accepts losing. How they go about that is up to them

I am not doing a 10 page argument over the semantics of the word accept.

Nobody accepts losing. How they go about that is up to them
There is no need for a semantic argument, it’s pretty clear. Everyone has to accept things they have no control over.
You seem to be mixing up liking a result and having no choice but to accept it.

If you can’t get that perhaps you could explain what you do to “not accept” a loss or a losing season.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back