PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but him being a **** goes beyond that incident (or rape, or sexual assault the he got out of) he is really just a rude and unpleasant person to be around. And I was with him in an environment where he was being PAID to be nice to football fans, most of whom happened to be Steeler fans....and he wasn't

But aren't Steeler fans all inbreds?? :confused::D

Twice...and avoided them during the 2010 playoffs too.
Yeah seriously. Talk about getting breaks. But I was referring to the time period as it took place after his first Super Bowl victory in ‘05.

The other story after the Superbowl bowl victory he's at a restaurant in Pittsburgh and hes in the rest room after having too many drinks and he looks at my buddy at the urinals and says yeah mothereffer how's it feel to piss next to greatness.
I would have told him I didn't realize he played for the Patriots.

Who degenerated this thread into a BigBenBozo pissfest? Ewww.
Nothing's happening on the cut front, so we might as well get in a few cuts of our own.

After trades and reported cuts, this is where the Patriots stand in their cutdown to 53. The Patriots currently have 64 players on the roster. An additional 11 players must have been cut, traded, or designated to an injury/illness list by 4 pm today. The following is a list of players still on the roster by position:

QB (2)- Brady, Stidham

RB (8)- Michel, White, Harris, Bolden, Develin, Burkhead, Brossette, Johnson

TE (2) - Izzo, LaCosse

WR (8) - Edelman, Gordon, Thomas, Dorsett, Harry, Meyers, Slater, Olszewski

OL (12) - Thuney, Mason, Cannon, Wynn, Karras, Eluemunor, Cunningham, Bodine, Andrews, Froholdt, Ferentz, Croston

DL (6) - Bennett, Guy, Shelton, Butler, Cowart, Wise

Edge (5)- Winovich, Simon, Calhoun, Rivers, Harris

LB (5)- Hightower, Van Noy, Collins, Bentley, Roberts

CB (6)- Gilmore, McCourty, Jones, Jackson, Williams, Webster

S (7)- McCourty, Chung, Harmon, Brooks, Ebner, Melifonwu, Gant

ST (3)- Gostkowski, Bailey, Cardona

Injured Reserve - Ross, Davis, King
PUP - Meredith
NFI - Cajuste

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of painful cuts. Can't see them keeping Hoyer, when they could stash another OL, WR, CB, DL....

Lots of painful cuts. Can't see them keeping Hoyer, when they could stash another OL, WR, CB, DL....
He may be included in the moves, tomorrow, with an eye on bringing him back once players go to IR. That’s kind of what I’m expecting.

Shadow roster is what I'm hoping for. If the worst happens they can't win a title with either option b or c, so why not just keep the 1?

Hold on, IR counts as an accrued season, right? So that means he has 3 accrued seasons.

In the case of the practice squad, the standard is three seasons with six or more games on the 53-man roster.

Check out the 1st game. I can't remember if he caught a ball in the 2nd game, but I believe he played a few snaps in that game too. 3rd game my memory is a little fuzzy. I don't know if he played on offense in the 4th game. I did notice he was covering gunners on the punt return team. He wasn't good at it.

Thanks, Wheelman! (In my defence, I was watching on a small screen at 2 a.m. with the Detroit announcers. Still ...)

Updated latest cuts and roster in first post of this thread.

Thank you to Patfranken and Kenneth Simm for posting these.

Patriots cuts as of 7:00 AM Saturday

CB Duke Dawson (traded)
TE/FB Andrew Beck
OL Tyree St. Louis
OT Cedrick Lang
DT David Parry
WR Ryan Davis
S A.J. Howard
OL Tyler Gauthier
LB Christian Sam
OL Martez Ivey
WR Damoun Patterson

And who is left:

Total: 75 on roster
22 left to cut.

QB (3)
Tom Brady,
Jarrett Stidham
Brian Hoyer

RB (8)
Sony Michel
James White
Damien Harris
Brandon Bolden
James Develin
Rex Burkhead
Nick Brossette
Jakob Johnson

TE (4 )
Ryan Izzo
Matt LaCosse
Eric Saubert
Stephen Anderson

WR (9)
Julian Edelman
Josh Gordon
Demaryius Thomas
Philip Dorsett
N'Keal Harry
Jakobi Meyers
Matthew Slater
Gunner Olszewski
Braxton Berrios

OL (14)
Joe Thuney
Shaq Mason
Marcus Cannon
Isaiah Wynn
Ted Karras
Jermaine Eluemunor
Korey Cunningham
Russell Bodine
David Andrews
Hjalte Froholdt
Dan Skipper
James Ferentz
Cole Croston,

DL (8)
Michael Bennett
Lawrence Guy
Danny Shelton
Adam Butler
Byron Cowart
Deatrich Wise
Ufomba Kamalu
Nick Thurman

Edge (6 )
Chase Winovich
John Simon
Shilique Calhoun
Derek Rivers
Trent Harris
Scooby Wright

LB (7)
Dont'a Hightower
Kyle Van Noy
Jamie Collins
Ja'Whaun Bentley
Elandon Roberts
Calvin Munson
Terez Hall

CB (7 )
Gilmore
Jason McCourty
Jonathan Jones
JC Jackson
Joejuan Williams
Keion Crossen
Ken Webster

S (7)
Devin McCourty
Patrick Chung
Duron Harmon
Terrence Brooks
Nate Ebner
Obi Melifonwu
Malik Gant

ST (3)
Stephen Gostkowski
Jake Bailey
Joe Cardona

NFI
Cameron Meredith
Yodny Cajuste

I will update as I can. Thank you to Patfranken and Kenneth Simm for posting these.
Jakob Johnson status -
Patriots add FB Jakob Johnson to the practice squad as part of NFL's International Player Pathway Program. ... At that time, the players are eligible for an international player practice squad exemption, granting them an eleventh practice squad member that is ineligible to be activated during the 2019 season.Apr 9, 2019

Jakob Johnson status -
Patriots add FB Jakob Johnson to the practice squad as part of NFL's International Player Pathway Program. ... At that time, the players are eligible for an international player practice squad exemption, granting them an eleventh practice squad member that is ineligible to be activated during the 2019 season.Apr 9, 2019
It's weird that this exemption would be formatted to make them all ineligible to be activated. Wouldn't it be better for all parties if they could be promoted if the need arises? If Develin goes down the Patriots would likely have to go outside the organization if they wanted good FB play rather than turning to Johnson.

Jakob Johnson status -

I heard he didn't count towards the 90.

Does this mean he's automatically allowed on the practice squad?

It hasn't been announced yet if true.

I heard he didn't count towards the 90.

Does this mean he's automatically allowed on the practice squad?

It hasn't been announced yet if true.

yes. He will be on the practice squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft