PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots are 1st NFL team to have their own airplanes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying non stop to Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Check the tire pressure before and after the flight.

my favorite fun fact about the sr-71 is that because the titanium skin of the plane heated up so much during flight, they had to design the fuel tanks with loose fitting joints that would expand and seal when the plane was in flight. so when the plane was sitting on the ground, it would constantly be leaking fuel.

I saw that live. I'm not sure if it was all fuel or some kind of pre flight coolant but gallons of something was pouring on the ground prior to it's take off.

Found a Youtube clip that has a good view of it.

I saw that live. I'm not sure if it was all fuel or some kind of pre flight coolant but gallons of something was pouring on the ground prior to it's take off.

Found a Youtube clip that has a good view of it.

it's fuel. 2:50 of this video:

well it pissed in your Cheerios....so win-win
It's been a circus of an offseason. Buying fancy planes is cool, but it doesn't get you more wins in the NFL. I thought that was fairly obvious.

What, were the commercial airlines making them layover in Phoenix for 6 hrs at a time or something? Cross connecting from BOS to BAL through Vegas?

So, when Jerruh almost certainly follows suit, the CBoys will automatically jump in the wins column?
It's been a circus of an offseason. Buying fancy planes is cool, but it doesn't get you more wins in the NFL. I thought that was fairly obvious.
I don't want to say anyone is going to "jump in the wins column" but I do believe that little amenities like this help put one team over another when a free agent is considering where to go.... I am not saying it is the only factor, but don't think that some players don't enjoy being treated like VIPs...

I don't want to say anyone is going to "jump in the wins column" but I do believe that little amenities like this help put one team over another when a free agent is considering where to go.... I am not saying it is the only factor, but don't think that some players don't enjoy being treated like VIPs...
That's exactly what I was thinking, in terms of potentially luring some future FAs.

How much of the "crappy owner" is ExecJet and how much is Kraft? I'd expect that if he contracted out to them it's likely to be an arms-length deal and he's not hands on in that area. Maybe you know better than I do, but I figured the 767s would be owned by a separate corporate shell with leasebacks and tax angles fully leveraged. Outsourcing staffing and flight ops would seem likely to make sense to me, unless you think otherwise?

I dont think id want to outsource my pilots... why not pay for the best, considering the value of the VPs they're transporting around

See my other post I just wrote, but unfortunately Kraft's existing flight department is more of a turd then a unicorn. That's pissed me off for years.

I'm not a pilot but that is scary news... although I guess it's possible that a pilot could find other faults (disliking environment) even if all around safety is good.

Better have plans to repaint that tail

If players recover faster, it could be an incremental edge. The Pats seems to be always looking for another .1% anywhere they can find it.

The Giants just announced they are doing the same thing.
Shortly thereafter, the Jets announced they will be borrowing the Giant's plane, and will use magnetic signs on the side with Jests logos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back