PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots are 1st NFL team to have their own airplanes

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not an SR-71

The SR-71 was retired a few years ago. I think it was nicknamed the "Blackhawk" and was the fastest jet ever. It was a long, sleek all black jet.

I'm pretty sure it came out in the 60's and to this day, nothing flies faster or higher than the SR-71

That is not an SR-71

The SR-71 was retired a few years ago. I think it was nicknamed the "Blackhawk" and was the fastest jet ever. It was a long, sleek all black jet.

I'm pretty sure it came out in the 60's and to this day, nothing flies faster or higher than the SR-71

"Blackbird" and the last SR-71 retired nearly 20 years ago from the USAF.

What about...

599339_10151476037281843_1641837381_n-970x683.jpg

...of course, it probably never left the ground. :)
Either that or intercepted by the USAF

That is not an SR-71

I know. That's an AWACS which is used for various things such as jamming and intercepting radio signals. :D:eek:

FYI: I grew up as an Air Force brat. The first time I heard the SR-71 take off I was in shock. We were overseas during the Cold War, Libya was acting up and things were pretty tense back then. Anyways one night I hear this thundering roar coming from somewhere and I look out my bedroom window and see afterburners of a rocket like thing shooting across the horizon. I literally thought we were launching an ICBM or something because that's how fast it was. My father later told me that it was probably the Blackhawk. It was. I got to see it take off live at an air show a few years later and was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen.

"Blackbird" and the last SR-71 retired nearly 20 years ago from the USAF.

If I recall correctly they started phasing them out during the 80's. I think it was in 84 or 85 when I saw them at an airshow which must have been one of the first times the AF put them on public display because prior to that I had never seen one.

JetBlue unveils special 'Jets' plane

Posted by Eric Wilbur, Boston.com Staff October 18, 2010 08:46 AM

• Comments ()

• Imagine you're at Logan waiting for a flight when suddenly, you see this outside the window at the gate. It's enough to make even the most hardened frequent flyer coil back in fear.

This is the new jet that the New York Jets flew to Denver over the weekend, where the AFC East leaders defeated the Broncos yesterday, 24-20. JetBlue unveiled the ghastly Airbus A320last week, the airline's first fully-branded aircraft.

"We are looking forward to not only seeing our Jets jet in the skies around the New York region, but across the country and around the globe," Jets CEO Woody Johnson said in a statement.

Yeah, that'll be swell. As part of its partnership with the Jets, the airline will refund certain flight purchases if the team wins Super Bowl XLV. I wonder if Patriots fans will have the option not to be refunded for the simple matter of it will be a painful reminder of Jets glory.

In other JetBlue news, the airline announced today it has become the official airline of the TD Garden. Great. Now, can we get something in black and gold to combat this monstrosity?

Is that Jet still around? I heard it crashed into the backside of another Jet, losing all it's cargo...

• In other JetBlue news, the airline announced today it has become the official airline of the TD Garden. Great. Now, can we get something in black and gold to combat this monstrosity?

Just keep it Green and White and put a more appropriate logo on it

latest

Oh .... Put FTFY under it

Posted by Eric Wilbur, Boston.com Staff October 18, 2010 08:46 AM

• Comments ()

• Imagine you're at Logan waiting for a flight when suddenly, you see this outside the window at the gate. It's enough to make even the most hardened frequent flyer coil back in fear.

This is the new jet that the New York Jets flew to Denver over the weekend, where the AFC East leaders defeated the Broncos yesterday, 24-20. JetBlue unveiled the ghastly Airbus A320last week, the airline's first fully-branded aircraft.

"We are looking forward to not only seeing our Jets jet in the skies around the New York region, but across the country and around the globe," Jets CEO Woody Johnson said in a statement.

Yeah, that'll be swell. As part of its partnership with the Jets, the airline will refund certain flight purchases if the team wins Super Bowl XLV. I wonder if Patriots fans will have the option not to be refunded for the simple matter of it will be a painful reminder of Jets glory.

In other JetBlue news, the airline announced today it has become the official airline of the TD Garden. Great. Now, can we get something in black and gold to combat this monstrosity?

AFC East Leaders. :eek::eek::eek:

Right? Had just beat Denver and Boston papers talking about the Jets winning the SB.

All feels so long ago. :(

"Only IF.......the Jete didn't suck.."

the Jete are so stupid they think joining the mile high club involves a parachute....

the Jete are so stupid they think joining the mile high club involves a parachute....

Buahahahahahaha

Holy **** that's too funny..

As a pilot this is pretty exciting news. Unfortunately it is pretty well known that Kraft is a pretty crappy "owner" to fly for. He has two business jets (Challenger 300 and a Gulfstream V) managed by Executive Jet Management, and it is somewhat of a revolving door for pilots. Dead average pay and surprisingly under staffed with a crummy schedule.

I think it's very likely these jets will be chartered outside of the NFL season, Patriots/Kraft or not, it's hard to justify the operational costs of x 2 767's without supplementing charter flights.

I can easily see some fans with money charter the Patriots jet for a bachelor party to Vegas or somewhere ... bet on it.

As a pilot this is pretty exciting news. Unfortunately it is pretty well known that Kraft is a pretty crappy "owner" to fly for. He has two business jets (Challenger 300 and a Gulfstream V) managed by Executive Jet Management, and it is somewhat of a revolving door for pilots. Dead average pay and surprisingly under staffed with a crummy schedule.

I think it's very likely these jets will be chartered outside of the NFL season, Patriots/Kraft or not, it's hard to justify the operational costs of x 2 767's without supplementing charter flights.
How much of the "crappy owner" is ExecJet and how much is Kraft? I'd expect that if he contracted out to them it's likely to be an arms-length deal and he's not hands on in that area. Maybe you know better than I do, but I figured the 767s would be owned by a separate corporate shell with leasebacks and tax angles fully leveraged. Outsourcing staffing and flight ops would seem likely to make sense to me, unless you think otherwise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News