PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2017/2018 Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woodrow Hamilton and Corey Vereen were cut from the IR with Injury Settlements

PS WR Demarcus Ayers gets jersey #16. Had been worn earlier this year by Andrew Hawkins and K.J. Maye; more famously worn by Jim Plunkett and Matt Cassel.

PS DE Angelo Blackson gets Kony Ealy's #94. Best Patriot with that uniform number was Ty Warren.

Scratch #44 Trevor Bates off your ever-changing PS scorecard.

Not surprised about the Vereen settlement. but a little surprised about the Hamilton one, though I suppose it doesn't preclude him from returning later this season.

Can players on NFI, specifically Farris & Jelks, be waived with settlements so that they stop clogging up the payroll?
Woodrow Hamilton and Corey Vereen were cut from the IR with Injury Settlements

Not surprised about the Vereen settlement. but a little surprised about the Hamilton one, though I suppose it doesn't preclude him from returning later this season.

Can players on NFI, specifically Farris & Jelks, be waived with settlements so that they stop clogging up the payroll?

That's a question for @Miguel

DJ Foster was signed to the main AZ roster. The Pats chose to let him pursue this opportunity instead of leaving him buried on the PS.

The choice was DJ Foster's.

Yes, but the Patriots made easier for him by not upping his salary again like they did last year when Multiple teams came knocking..

Patriots released Willie Beavers from the practice squad

Radio said we added Braverman. I know he had a tryout this week. I looked and didn't find anything.

Radio said we added Braverman. I know he had a tryout this week. I looked and didn't find anything.

If they added Braverman, it hasn't been made official yet.. Probably see it tomorrow.
Pretty sure there will be some happy people about that.

Mike Reiss‏Verified account @MikeReiss
DB Robert Nelson, who worked out for the Patriots on Monday, was signed to the team's practice squad. Patriots had an open spot.

4:24 PM - 19 Sep 2017

-------------------------

Nelson is a 5'9, 175 CB from Arizona State. Appeared in 7 games as an undrafted rookie for Cleveland in 2014. Spent 2015 with Arizona (mostly on the Practice Squad), and played in 11 games for Houston in 2016.

--------------------------

Updating the jersey numbers:
#42 goes to Jomal Wiltz. Most recently worn by Vinnie Sunseri, Jeff Demps, Tony Fiammetta and BJGE. Among others with #42: Ronnie Lippett, Mack Herron andDon Webb.

No indication yet as to what number Ryan Lewis has. Willie Beavers' stay in Foxboro was so short, I'm not sure if he was ever even assigned a uniform number.

Patriots made 4 roster moves:
Put Vincent Valentine on IR
Promoted Geneo Grissom to the 53
Signed Riley McCarron to the PS.
Signed QB Tyler Heinicke to the PS. Corresponding move not announced yet.

Patriots release DeMarcus Ayers from the PS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes