PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patricia is working with the OL this year

LMAO ... Shady?

mother humping sad ... You literally sound like every anti-Patriot honk over the past 20 years...
Just weird to me.. there’s lots of things to be secretive about this isn’t really one of them. Imo

I've always believed a large swath of fan and media resentment of BB came from the disillusionment that they are entitled to know each and every thing about the Patriots and Bill hasn't obliged them.

The players and everyone in Gillette will understand the chain of command. Media members and fans aren't entitled to know everything. There's a distinct possibility BB is letting coaches create their positions organically and doesn't know himself.

If saying something out loud in a press conference is going to potentially give an opponent a competitive advantage, then I'm okay with not knowing or figuring it out on my own.

In the case of coaches, Patricia and Judge got hired way too soon, they were nowhere near ready. So if keeping things buttoned down prevents our coaching ranks from getting plundered next offseason then so be it.

Many of the same fans whining here think coaching doesn't matter... now it's crucial and they're coaching experts... good grief.

interesting take... but we all know where the buck stops in foxboro, don't we?

Just because the collective "we" don't know does not mean the collective "they" (the players) don't know either... They know who is running the practices, they know who is running the meetings, they know who is running the film study, they know who is dressing them down when they screw up...

Maybe its me, but I just dont think its a big deal
Obviously Belichick is in charge of all, but with a coordinator you know who’s in charge of that phase of the game. Maybe more important for the younger players then the older ones.

It’s a different approach than the other 31 teams and different from most of Bills time here. We’ll see if it works.

I've always believed a large swath of fan and media resentment of BB came from the disillusionment that they are entitled to know each and every thing about the Patriots and Bill hasn't obliged them.

The players and everyone in Gillette will understand the chain of command. Media members and fans aren't entitled to know everything. There's a distinct possibility BB is letting coaches create their positions organically and doesn't know himself.
I think you hit the mark…we aren’t entitled to know anything. While some think they deserve to know…they really don’t…we’re just fans. And yeah it’s possible BB doesn’t even know exactly who will do what. I think he’s smart to let that unfold over the next couple months to see what gels.

It’s a different approach than the other 31 teams and different from most of Bills time here. We’ll see if it works.

Im fine with a different approach. Those that don't innovate, stagnate.

This isn't the 1st time a coordinator wasn't named around here...name the DC from last year? Year B4?
It doesn't matter that we don't know

Just weird to me.. there’s lots of things to be secretive about this isn’t really one of them. Imo
The fact that they aren't sharing the information about how this is shaking out in real time doesn't mean it is "secretive." Organizations need information boundaries while working on stuff, or else they can't get anything done.

Anyone that believes there's actually a competitive advantage to not naming the OC and DC is either a fool or suffers from paranoia.

We already saw late last season rumors of conflicts w/ lack of direction coming from having Little Steven/Mayo running things. Imagine the Military trying to run an operation w/o a defined chain of command. It's f*king dumb. It's f*king unprofessional. It has zero advantage. It creates confusion. All to feed Bill's massive ego.

Of course, the honks on this forum can't be objective when it comes to Bill if their lives depended on it. They're perfectly fine being useful idiots.

Anyone that believes there's actually a competitive advantage to not naming the OC and DC is either a fool or suffers from paranoia.

We already saw late last season rumors of conflicts w/ lack of direction coming from having Little Steven/Mayo running things. Imagine the Military trying to run an operation w/o a defined chain of command. It's f*king dumb. It's f*king unprofessional. It has zero advantage. It creates confusion. All to feed Bill's massive ego.

Of course, the honks on this forum can't be objective when it comes to Bill if their lives depended on it. They're perfectly fine being useful idiots.
Why would someone say it's an advantage? It's not. I think they are just trying to figure out who should do what.

Why would someone say it's an advantage? It's not. I think they are just trying to figure out who should do what.
Agree but Woozie ^^^^ implied this was a competitive advantage.

I guess Bill probably thinks that if the other team doesn't know who the OC/DC are, they won't be able to read their lips or some such nonsense. Why is it that 31 other teams had their staff in place 2 months ago, yet the Pats are still trying to figure it out?

Agree but Woozie ^^^^ implied this was a competitive advantage.

I guess Bill probably thinks that if the other team doesn't know who the OC/DC are, they won't be able to read their lips or some such nonsense. Why is it that 31 other teams had their staff in place 2 months ago, yet the Pats are still trying to figure it out?
Woozie implied that? Hmmm. Teams will know through the meaningless preseason games. But I do think it's more likely they are just trying to figure out who fits best. A lot of it's chemistry. So let's say Bill announces Matt is the OC...but then halfway through off-season Mac and him are butting heads. It would look bad if they went in a different direction at that point. I believe BB does this for a lot of things actually. I think he plays the perception card often and is very good at it.

Woozie implied that? Hmmm. Teams will know through the meaningless preseason games. But I do think it's more likely they are just trying to figure out who fits best. A lot of it's chemistry. So let's say Bill announces Matt is the OC...but then halfway through off-season Mac and him are butting heads. It would look bad if they went in a different direction at that point. I believe BB does this for a lot of things actually. I think he plays the perception card often and is very good at it.
I mean his choices are limited. Fat Matt was despised by his players in Detroit. I doubt it's him. Judge has already said he is the QB coach and will be working with all skill positions. What if there's no chemistry between Judge & Mac? Then what? Caley? It sounds like offense by committee which could be a disaster.

SmartSelect_20220516-214644_Firefox.jpg

I mean his choices are limited. Fat Matt was despised by his players in Detroit. I doubt it's him. Judge has already said he is the QB coach and will be working with all skill positions. What if there's no chemistry between Judge & Mac? Then what? Caley? It sounds like offense by committee which could be a disaster.

View attachment 43094
I was saying Matt as an example. I think its more obvious Judge will call plays...agree.

Hope they score more then 16 points in week 1. That will be a step forward. This is a league that favors the offense.

The genius Lou Merloni has this figured out, he says BB is doing this on purpose so everyone talks about the coaching situation and not on the fact that he hasn't upgraded the team at all, BB's a genius.

This organization brought back two proven failures at the head coach position. Seems to be giving THEM carte blanche to orchestrate and run a viable 2022 NFL offense..and we're supposed to expect outstanding results? Must be the end times...nothing makes sense anymore.

So o-line and play calling duties (according to reports) for Patricia. Judge working with Mac. Got to say I’m a little worried about the O.

Reports have Patricia with play calling duties? What reports?

The Pats should run like the military? What?

Being objective goes both ways, and expecting the Pats to be run like the military is not being objective at all..

• Agree
Reactions: Ian

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back