PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Papa John's slams NFL leadership

We make fun of Papa Johns here in NE because every small town has like two or three local pizza places. Elsewhere in the country, it's not like that and the only place to get pizza is from chains like Papa Johns.

Even for chain pizza it is awful. Dominos is much better. Hell, Digornos is netter,

Papa John's is nasty, but they do offer good deals to youth sports groups (and others) for buying pizzas in bulk. They gave my town's soccer association a great deal for a charity tournament we ran....

All chain places do. You just have to ask and give reasonable notice. Probably some Mom and Pop places too.

Anything west and south of Hartford is New York.

Vermont is another country.
Only from a sports or political perspective.

Although based on revenue problems in CT, New York can take the state!

Vermont is like Cambridge MA!

No, it’s like this pretty much everywhere in the Northeast, including NY, NJ and CT.
Naw, the Greeks invaded New England in the 70's and ruined local pizza. Hard, not impossible, to find good Italian 18" thin crust pizza NOT cooked in a pan. NY and NJ did not experience the Greek pizza invasion/blight.

Disclaimer: those 14" too thick a crust, pan cooked Greek pizzas are still better than the dog vomit Papa John's sells.

The exact wording of my post #11 was "The issue had lost all steam and was a page 6er until someone gave it CPR Friday night September 22."

You have a problem with the English comprehension.

Careful, she is pretty grouchy.

Add PA to that mix as there are 6 pizza shops within a 1 mile stretch of my office...
PA has some damn good pizza. Family, country, Patriots, pizza are my big 4.

Why is it always so cliche to hate on pizza chains? I like em all. I usually inject Papa John's garlic butter into my carotid artery when I order from em.
Pizza and beer are a unique phenomenon. Everyone thinks their taste in those items is the best and anyone else is a damn fool, as if it is something that can be objectively measured and not a function of our anatomy (i.e. taste buds) being different from one another.

You have Nandos Peri-Peri in DC which I love. Nothing to do with Pizza but I love it

I don't know that place, but that's not surprising... I am virtually a shut-in these days.

we've got some kind of NY refugee place called Valentino's with good fold-in-half pizza near my house (and I think a few other locations in the DC/MD/VA area, which local news channels have taken to calling "The DMV," pretty much the worst nickname for a region EVAH.

Pizza and beer are a unique phenomenon. Everyone thinks their taste in those items is the best and anyone else is a damn fool, as if it is something that can be objectively measured and not a function of our anatomy (i.e. taste buds) being different from one another.
No, there are many different and acceptable tastes in beer. IPA's are too bitter for some and nectar of the gods for others. I would rather have a frappe than a pumpkin beer, but I admit that is person preference.

What is the best pizza, OTOH, is like who was/is the best quarterback. Abominations with fruit need to be eliminated by executive order. Papa John's, pizza hut, Domino's bubble pizzas are the Jete of pizza. Arguing Papa John's is good pizza is arguing that Ryan Leaf was a great QB. That may be your personal opinion, but, if so, you are an idiot.

As much as I admire Tom Brady, I would not feed my dog his soy flour kale tofu pizza.

Naw, the Greeks invaded New England in the 70's and ruined local pizza.
Exactly. The oil and crappy mozzarella that spews grease when it melts is just gross. Shouldn't have to blot off pizza with a paper towel before eating it. I miss the actual good pizzas of my youth.

The exact wording of my post #11 was "The issue had lost all steam and was a page 6er until someone gave it CPR Friday night September 22."

You have a problem with the English comprehension.

I have no problem with English comprehension. Your claim that the issue had lost all steam is simply incorrect. It was still a daily topic of discussion.

I don't know that place, but that's not surprising... I am virtually a shut-in these days.

we've got some kind of NY refugee place called Valentino's with good fold-in-half pizza near my house (and I think a few other locations in the DC/MD/VA area, which local news channels have taken to calling "The DMV," pretty much the worst nickname for a region EVAH.

There was another good NY style in Springfield, VA called Victors, but they literally just shut down a couple weeks ago. Since the wife is looking, we'll give Valentino's a try - thanks!

Since this thread has jumped the shark already, I could use some help: what's up with the expression "I don't eat Papa Johns"?

Don't you mean "I don't eat at Papa Johns?"

Or "I don't eat food from Papa Johns?"

Because no one would eat Papa Johns, unless they can digest a building or a corporation, right?

Not trying to pick on you, but I just don't see how it makes sense to say "I don't eat Papa Johns" but I hear people doing this all the time these days.
Y U hatin playa?
I ax u a question!

We make fun of Papa Johns here in NE because every small town has like two or three local pizza places. Elsewhere in the country, it's not like that and the only place to get pizza is from chains like Papa Johns.

The small local places around central MA either don't deliver or suck at delivery. That has to be the only reason why sh*tty corporate pizza like Dominos/Papa John is still a viable business model around here.

I have no problem with English comprehension. Your claim that the issue had lost all steam is simply incorrect. It was still a daily topic of discussion.

......." daily topic of discussion"?????? At that moment?

Perhaps in your corner.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back