PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Papa John's slams NFL leadership

Most major metro areas have choices that make the national chain pizza taste like a piece of cardboard with bland cheese like food and ketchup. We do in the DC area. I guess the chains come in at the exurbs, small towns, and rural locales (delivery in 1 hour or it’s free!)
Even the burbs and small towns in Massachusetts have several mom & pop pizza places. I don’t mind spending $16 on a large pie vs Domino’s or PJ’s

Never stepped foot in a Papa John's, Dominos or Little Caesar's. Had Pizza Hut maybe twice in my life. So many better options around.

I'm surprised Papa Johns has customers to lose.

Regards,
Chris

Well, southern CT is basically NY
Yeah. I'm on pins and needles every Thurs or Fri trying to figure out if I'm going to get a game on TV down here or if it's the NYJ / NYG special. Had to have outside help for the Patriots / Panthers game.

Never stepped foot in a Papa John's, Dominos or Little Caesar's. Had Pizza Hut maybe twice in my life. So many better options around.

I'm surprised Papa Johns has customers to lose.

Regards,
Chris
You saved on toilet paper ... trust me.

Wanna kneel your nuts onto some woman’s face? Go fer it! We can support that. But, if you even think about kneeling in front of that flag, we’ll that’s where Papa draws the f*kin line pal!!!

douche-supreme1.jpg

I don't eat Papa Johns or any chain pizza. So whether it is liked or not I don't care. However, the hate or love for Papa Johns product is utterly irrelevant. The NFL is a business, Papa Johns is a business, TV networks are business. The year to year to year decline in NFL TV viewership is a serious business issue for all. If the NFL product has harmed the business of Papa Johns, and others, then the NFL, specifically Roger Goodell, owes an explanation as well as a plan to fix it.

As of this moment, right now, Roger Goodell has no business having his contract renewed based on a notable viewership drop as well as major sponsors and major TV networks losing revenue due to this lower viewership. He is in charge of the business and the business has a 2 year ebb that cannot justify Goodell remaining as the "CEO".

It ultimately doesn't matter why the viewership has dropped, it has dropped. Goodell deserved to be fired before, it didn't happen because the bottom line was expanding(he's "successful"), but now he no longer can make that claim on a year to year to year basis. Papa Johns and every other business negatively affected has every reason to be angry at the NFL.
And on a side note: if you do support the anthem kneelers and allow that to therefore project support onto Roger Goodell's NFL? Some self inflection of your thought process is needed...

Most major metro areas have choices that make the national chain pizza taste like a piece of cardboard with bland cheese like food and ketchup. We do in the DC area. I guess the chains come in at the exurbs, small towns, and rural locales (delivery in 1 hour or it’s free!)
You have Nandos Peri-Peri in DC which I love. Nothing to do with Pizza but I love it

I don't eat Papa Johns
Since this thread has jumped the shark already, I could use some help: what's up with the expression "I don't eat Papa Johns"?

Don't you mean "I don't eat at Papa Johns?"

Or "I don't eat food from Papa Johns?"

Because no one would eat Papa Johns, unless they can digest a building or a corporation, right?

Not trying to pick on you, but I just don't see how it makes sense to say "I don't eat Papa Johns" but I hear people doing this all the time these days.

Since this thread has jumped the shark already, I could use some help: what's up with the expression "I don't eat Papa Johns"?

Because no one would eat Papa Johns, unless they can digest a building or a corporation, right?

Not trying to pick on you, but I just don't see how it makes sense to say "I don't eat Papa Johns" but I hear people doing this all the time these days.

Sometimes in human language we have accepted speaking conventions that immediately make sense to 99.99% of people who hear them despite not reflecting said convention's literal interpretation.

Assuming this is real and not sarcasm(??), there's just one item you're overlooking: this is an Internet bulletin board not 3rd year grad school English (but to give you more food for your quest for proper English: I'm certain I have also been guilty of using many split infinitives and dangling participles :)).

Slang (noun): a type of language that consists of words and phrases that are regarded as very informal, are more common in speech than writing, and are typically restricted to a particular context or group of people

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back