PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Papa John's slams NFL leadership

Our local Pizza Hut is actually pretty good, but I'd rather have no pizza than eat the **** that Papa John's makes. It's literally the worst pizza I've ever had, and I'm including the frozen stuff in that assessment.

According to BSPN ( Papa John's boss: NFL protests hurting sales ) :
Executives said the company has pulled much of its NFL television advertising and that the NFL has responded by giving the company additional future spots. Later in the day, a spokesman clarified that the spots themselves weren't being pulled, just the NFL shield or "official sponsor" designation on those spots.
Damn, we almost got rid of Fivehead!
Ritchie said that research has found that Papa John's has been the most recognized sponsor associated with the NFL for two years running, which he said means the company's performance can track with that of the league.
Also, most recognized sponsor associated with bad pizza!

What crap. His market cap has been falling pretty consistently since the beginning of this year - it's lost almost 1/3 of its value. From the time Kaepernick started his protest to the end of 2016, Papa John's market cap went up nearly 20%.

The guy's worth $800 million that he made selling bland, tasteless pizza. Somehow, I don't feel too badly.

If this somehow, even remotely, affects Peyton Manning's business and bottom line, I'm ok with it....o_O

Let's all sing together (to the tune of Nationwide jingle): "My pizza sales have stunk so bad...." :p

Papa John's slams NFL leadership for lackluster pizza sales as shares sink more than 10%

hqdefault.jpg

Hope the trend continues and the NFL loses the sponsorship of lousy beer (Anheuser-Busch), brown/black sugar water (Pepsi), high sodium soup (Campbell's Soup Company), MSG snack chips (Frito Lay), HFCS drinks (Gatorade), and overpriced cell service (Verizon).

What crap. His market cap has been falling pretty consistently since the beginning of this year - it's lost almost 1/3 of its value. From the time Kaepernick started his protest to the end of 2016, Papa John's market cap went up nearly 20%.

The guy's worth $800 million that he made selling bland, tasteless pizza. Somehow, I don't feel too badly.

Patriotism is a reverent, unprofane matter.

However, too many scoundrels make it their last refuge (paraphrasing Dylan Thomas). It's disgusting when people shamelessly use it to cover up their own shortcomings.

Good on Pizza Hut for slapping down "Papa" Schnatter:

Pizza Hut Slaps Down Papa John's Claim That NFL Protests Hurt Pizza Sales

Bloomberg ( NFL's Litany of Excuses Runs Out After Ratings Fall for Second Year ) mentions all the usual reasons why NFL ratings are taking, including Papa Johns and also my favorite:
The declines at CBS reinforce a complaint that has gotten louder and louder in recent weeks: The league got greedy in adding the Thursday night game on broadcast. Reserving top games for Thursday night robbed other time periods of good match-ups. After a nosedive in ratings at “Monday Night Football” last season, the league has scheduled better games for that time period, further damaging Sunday afternoon.

So Papa Johns and the NFL have something in common: the product just isn't very good.

The article is from a business web site so it doesn't really get into the related issues that the college game isn't preparing NFL ready quarterbacks very much these days, and that parents are discouraging their kids from getting involved in the game due to concussions. It's hard to find any trend that favors the NFL in the future, other than the hope of capturing more revenue from games in Europe and Mexico.

I listened to a few podcasts recently and the thinking is that Goodell isn't going to be around for that much longer. On top of the other long standing issues, Jerrah is dragging out his contract renewal and Roger is in a no-win situation with the national anthem protests: either he pisses off the players by making them stand or he pisses off the owners by not making them stand. The thinking is that Roger has enough money in the bank and if the NFL isn't going to pay him at the high end of the scale, he'll decide to walk away.

Naw, the Greeks invaded New England in the 70's and ruined local pizza. Hard, not impossible, to find good Italian 18" thin crust pizza NOT cooked in a pan. NY and NJ did not experience the Greek pizza invasion/blight.

Disclaimer: those 14" too thick a crust, pan cooked Greek pizzas are still better than the dog vomit Papa John's sells.
Apparently I have offended the lousy pizza making Greeks. Rome won. Get over it.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back