PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin traded to Buffalo for 3rd & 7th

His catch rate is 50%. Throw enough balls his way and he'll catch them, but it's hardly coincidence that the Panthers' best year was when Benjamin missed the whole season. Comparing him to Mitchell is ridiculous. The two are oceans apart in terms of target share.
A) I didn't compare him to Mitchell, and B) you're still refusing to admit that having a QB with accuracy issues could contribute to his catch rate. His catch rate is actually 53%. TY Hilton's is 57%. With a way more accurate QB. Is he garbage too?

Good deal for the Bills. He will fit their system well. The kind of WR who doesn't carry an offense but is good for 3-4 spark plays a game if you give him some chances.

KB is a good WR to have in your stable but he isn't a guy who massively changes the game for your offense.

It does help the Bills as they needed help at WR and being where they are record wise if i was a Bills fan I'd like that they were aggressive and addressed a need.

His catch rate is 50%. Throw enough balls his way and he'll catch them, but it's hardly coincidence that the Panthers' best year was when Benjamin missed the whole season. Comparing him to Mitchell is ridiculous. The two are oceans apart in terms of target share.

Is that target share wider than the ability that separates the QBs who throw to them?

Sensible trade for the Bills.

How's Chris Matthews doing these days?

I don't think he's in game shape.

124480_5_.jpg

Well he's having a decent year thus far. He's a guy that can get you around 800 to 900 yards receiving in a year. He's not a number 1 though.

I don't know, get a guy who's only useful with high volume and you're causing more problems than you're solving. That's the position the Panthers had found themselves in.

In all, the Bills would have been much better off exercising Sammy Watkins' option and keeping him. He's just miles better as a wide receiver than Benjamin and for that downgrade they turned a 3rd into a 2nd. And there's no guarantee a receiver you acquire halfway through the season can be integrated into the offense, either.

Same dudes that say Benjamin overrated even thought he had a beast rookie season and good season last year w Scam clearly playing subpar are same dudes that quickly appoint JImmy G the second coming based on 5 quarters

I looked for the old Jimmy threads just to quote and laugh at the idiocy of the posts in it, too bad the mods locked them all.

Is that target share wider than the ability that separates the QBs who throw to them?

Yes. Catch rate is measured on catchable passes, so it takes into account quarterback accuracy. Mind you, I think Newton is much better than this board gives him credit for. He was, after all, league MVP just two seasons ago (in a season Benjamin missed).

I don't know, get a guy who's only useful with high volume and you're causing more problems than you're solving. That's the position the Panthers had found themselves in.

In all, the Bills would have been much better off exercising Sammy Watkins' option and keeping him. He's just miles better as a wide receiver than Benjamin and for that downgrade they turned a 3rd into a 2nd. And there's no guarantee a receiver you acquire halfway through the season can be integrated into the offense, either.
The Panthers problem stems from having a QB who is more concerned with dabbing and picking out hats than he is refining his craft.

Yes. Catch rate is measured on catchable passes, so it takes into account quarterback accuracy. Mind you, I think Newton is much better than this board gives him credit for. He was, after all, league MVP just two seasons ago (in a season Benjamin missed).
Yes, and the ludicrousness of that choice was well demonstrated in the ensuing Super Bowl. That's also the only season in which he's approached average league accuracy.

Mind you, I think Newton is much better than this board gives him credit for.

You're overrating Newton and underrating Benjamin.

And I'm not saying that Newton sucks or that Benjamin is an All-Pro

4/104...seems like he is good enough to give the Pats problems.

Pro Football Reference has him at 62%.

upload_2017-10-31_17-11-13.png

Well I can't wait for that game against the bills. The bills are a team that could make the playoffs.

4/104...seems like he is good enough to give the Pats problems.

He did. Pats' secondary has its act together now but hes a tough matchup.

I would have taken him on this team in a heartbeat.

This is a GREAT move for the Bills, barely gave up anything. Gonna hate seeing this guy torch us twice a year. And yes, I’ve watched Benjamin for many years including his college years. He’s a good receiver who can get better. Can’t knock his results. Can’t catch, can’t run routes, can’t do anything, yet the guy averages 70+ catches and 800 yards per year.

Pro Football Reference has him at 62%.

View attachment 18437

He's been better this year, but they haven't been forcing him the ball his way as much either. Either way, this trade doesn't concern me overmuch. Some Patriots fans see every name out there and imagine putting together some Madden fantasy team. Any player the Patriots could have acquired but did not would have automatically been a superstar, while any player the Patriots do acquire is subjected to severe scrutiny and any mistake is amplified a hundred times.

Can’t catch, can’t run routes, can’t do anything, yet the guy averages 70+ catches and 800 yards per year.

So did Kendall Wright his first few years in the league. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bills still have Tyrod at QB. I'll take our chances with TB12

He's been better this year, but they haven't been forcing him the ball his way as much either. Either way, this trade doesn't concern me overmuch. Some Patriots fans see every name out there and imagine putting together some Madden fantasy team. Any player the Patriots could have acquired but did not would have automatically been a superstar, while any player the Patriots do acquire is subjected to severe scrutiny and any mistake is amplified a hundred times.

Nobody in here is saying Kelvin is a superstar, they just don't agree with your silly assessment.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back