PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin traded to Buffalo for 3rd & 7th

He's caught 168 balls in 40 games from a QB who isn't (putting it kindly) the greatest passer in the world. So he's not garbage.

With an abysmal catch rate of 50%. His stats come from being forced the ball; he can't get open and he has terrible hands. He's never been the best WR on a team that's featured the likes of Ted Ginn and Devin Funchess.

You comparing Matthews to Benjamin? Really lol. Listen i am not the biggest fan but the guy has put up two solid years. Matthews's a jag.

Not at all. I was mocking your post that considered a sample size of 1 game, in response to the factual claim that Benjamin is nothing special.

With an abysmal catch rate of 50%. His stats come from being forced the ball; he can't get open and he has terrible hands. He's never been the best WR on a team that's featured the likes of Ted Ginn and Devin Funchess.
He's also got a QB who has trouble hitting the broad side of a barn. That may have something to do with it as well.

Newton isn't exactly Mr Accurate.

I would have taken him for a mid/low rounder

Not at all. I was mocking your post that considered a sample size of 1 game, in response to the factual claim that Benjamin is nothing special.

I never said he was a number 1 guy but he can have a big game once in awhile.

Wow. He fell down once. You've sold me!

Have you actually watched any Panthers games or are you going entirely off just reading a guy's statline and his name? He's a fantasy football player. Real wide receivers need to run routes, get open, and catch with their hands.

I've watched some Panthers game and boy, do I agree with @primetime

Benjamin sucks. He isnt worth his option, but hey, you cant teach size...

I've watched some Panthers game and boy, do I agree with @primetime

Benjamin sucks. He isnt worth his option, but hey, you cant teach size...

He doesn't even use his size particularly well. One of those Eddie Jackson touchdowns a couple weeks ago occurred because Benjamin ran a lazy slant route and couldn't outmuscle a guy half his size.

Sport GIFs & Videos: Eddie Jackson again! This time a 76 yard interception for a TD. Carolina Panthers vs Chicago Bears 10-22-17.

He never did much against the Saints, and the past 2 Saints years defensively were pathetic. Just looked up his stats and he played 5 games against N.O. 17 receptions, 192 yards and just 1 TD.

He's not that great a player. Mediocre maybe. He is a big target though

What did he say that was incorrect? Benjamin is overrated as hell.

Rookie year - 73 catches, 13.8 avg, 1008 yards, 9 TDs.
2nd year - 63 catcges, 14.9 avg, 941 yards, 7 TDs

This is his 3rd year.

If we had a WR who had stats like those his first 2 years, we'd be praising the crap out of him. Hell, we all think Mitchell is gonna be good and his stats are nowhere near Benjamin's stats.

Have you actually watched any Panthers games or are you going entirely off just reading a guy's statline and his name? He's a fantasy football player. Real wide receivers need to run routes, get open, and catch with their hands.
Yes, I've watched Panthers games. So, you want me to believe that a guy who can't run routes, doesn't get open and can't catch the ball still catches 70+ from a QB who has trouble hitting the broad side of a barn.

Same dudes that say Benjamin overrated even thought he had a beast rookie season and good season last year w Scam clearly playing subpar are same dudes that quickly appoint JImmy G the second coming based on 5 quarters

What did he say that was incorrect? Benjamin is overrated as hell.

Rookie year - 73 catches, 13.8 avg, 1008 yards, 9 TDs.
2nd year - 63 catcges, 14.9 avg, 941 yards, 7 TDs

This is his 3rd year.

If we had a WR who had stats like those his first 2 years, we'd be praising the crap out of him. Hell, we all think Mitchell is gonna be good and his stats are nowhere near Benjamin's stats.

The jury's still out on mitchell. Him staying healthy's one of my biggest concerns.

Yes, I've watched Panthers games. So, you want me to believe that a guy who can't run routes, doesn't get open and can't catch the ball still catches 70+ from a QB who has trouble hitting the broad side of a barn.

His catch rate is 50%. Throw enough balls his way and he'll catch them, but it's hardly coincidence that the Panthers' best year was when Benjamin missed the whole season. Comparing him to Mitchell is ridiculous. The two are oceans apart in terms of target share.

His catch rate is 50%. Throw enough balls his way and he'll catch them, but it's hardly coincidence that the Panthers' best year was when Benjamin missed the whole season. Comparing him to Mitchell is ridiculous. The two are oceans apart in terms of target share.

Well he's having a decent year thus far. He's a guy that can get you around 800 to 900 yards receiving in a year. He's not a number 1 though.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back