PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers crying about Mac's hold on Burns.

Using name tags to malign groups of people is divisive, doesn't matter your age. I mean, what if I went around calling people who took worm meds for a virus some of the dumbest ****ing twats to be born into the human race. That wouldn't be very nice. True, but not very nice. Name calling is just something that doesn't get you anywhere no matter what generation or age group. And greater minds than mine should know that or least be less defensive even if it strikes a chord. Now, I'll go finish my Boomer lunch favorite, Hamburger Helper. Mmmm, disgusting.
I dont much care what you call anyone

Comments:

a.) And...too lazy to read the entire thread...HOW did a discussion about Burns/Jones' spat fest turn in a boomer/millennial discussion?

b.) Does everybody realize that millennials are now like in their late 30's? With jobs, student loans, mortgages, kids, and etc..?

c.) Generation Z is the generation we all should be looking to....the oldest member is 24....and most minimum wage jobs are filled by 18-24 year olds nowadays. The Tide Pod generation!
Someone called burns a millennial

And I would say a millennial like yourself has made quite a few assumptions about boomers!

Let's see what you said in just one post. " I think that most people who are baby boomers think that, because they are typically the most uniformed and care the least about learning about anyone outside of their own generation. It's not our fault boomers are consistently the most wrong because they don't understand how to google."

Every generation thinks they have had it the hardest or the best and they know more than the past generations or more that than those that come after them. It's just the way it is, always has been, and always will be. You will be telling your kids one day about the things you didn't have that they have and ask them to show you how to use the newest technology that hits the market because kids always get it first. I know you will because I swore I would never do it to my kids, and I did it, much to my consternation.
My point was there were boomers in here referring to Burns as a millennial, kind of proving what I was saying. And it's pretty typical to hear them complain about millennials like they are the youngest generation. Was pointing that out, then people wanted to take it somewhere else

My daughter, the eldest of 2, at 25 is the youngest millennial. She's practicing law here in FL and won her first trial yesterday. She always busted her azz at school and work. Super focused.

My son, who turns 24 in 10 days, the oldest Z, is probably smarter but dropped out of college and is a waiter. I figure it takes guys longer to get it. Maybe. Lol

My daughter, the eldest of 2, at 25 is the youngest millennial. She's practicing law here in FL and won her first trial yesterday. She always busted her azz at school and work. Super focused.

My son, who turns 24 in 10 days, the oldest Z, is probably smarter but dropped out of college and is a waiter. I figure it takes guys longer to get it. Maybe. Lol
Congrats on your daughter winning her 1st case! What kind of law?

My point was there were boomers in here referring to Burns as a millennial, kind of proving what I was saying. And it's pretty typical to hear them complain about millennials like they are the youngest generation. Was pointing that out, then people wanted to take it somewhere else
Nice ad, bigot...has Shecky always been your alias?

Nice ad, bigot...has Shecky always been your alias?

I hope you can emotionally get over someone calling you a boomer on the internet someday. Stop being so fragile, you're beginning to sound like Burns

Congrats on your daughter winning her 1st case! What kind of law?
Criminal. She got 2 not guilty verdicts. She's just starting out at PD on misdemeanor cases. State was prosecuting a 60+ yo lady for DUI and reckless. She blew a 000 but the urine sample came back hot for oxy.

Interesting tidbit Pats related. The presiding Judge was Hanser, same judge that threw out the case against Kraft in WPB. Lol

Damn, I like to view the previous teams forums following the last one. I visited a Panthers board a few days this week and the one thread I read about this Burns crying crap was only 5 pages long and ended like Tuesday. This thread is 300 posts about this shmuck whinning and morphed into......

I hope you can emotionally get over someone calling you a boomer on the internet someday. Stop being so fragile, you're beginning to sound like Burns
you hit the bullseye...that's me...Mr Fragile...you're such a pathetic little narcissist you'd shatter like glass if I rolled up on your lemonade stand, Mr CEO.

Burns :crying: : Mac is mean, he hurt my leg.....and....and ...he hurt my feeling because he didn’t say sorry. I need a hug...
Cam : There ... there... , I know ... I know ...Mac is mean. Hee ... Hee...He took my job.
He. Took.... his... JERB!
From above linked article: music, news & media, tv & films.

View attachment 37514
Okay so, are you more likely to be a CEO at age 12, 22, 32, 42, or 52? Come on man. measuring by CEOs is definitely skewed toward oldest cohort not yet powerfully affected by retirement, even a small cohort like Gen X. The Boomers still kicking around in the workplaces are filling a lot of plum jobs (oh and by the way, do you think those are going to be the ones that let go young? Come on! Being a master of the universe is fun!)... although granted, there are plenty of Boomers still working b/c they're younger boomers, or just not ready to go.

But it's worth considering that the Boomer zeitgeist, even for rightist Boomers and even after the conversion of capitalism from dirty word to goal... the Boomer zeitgeist was "Man we're changing the world man!"

The Gen X zeitgeist was more like, "Man f*** the world man!"

"What the world needs now is another folk singer like I need a hole in my head."

Side comment: Smart ass younger folk are perfectly justified in leveling the charge of "privileged boomer" when somebody has deployed "everybody gets a trophy" against them. And that's pretty much every time "millennial" is mentioned, even if they are 40.
Comments:

a.) And...too lazy to read the entire thread...HOW did a discussion about Burns/Jones' spat fest turn in a boomer/millennial discussion?

b.) Does everybody realize that millennials are now like in their late 30's? With jobs, student loans, mortgages, kids, and etc..?

c.) Generation Z is the generation we all should be looking to....the oldest member is 24....and most minimum wage jobs are filled by 18-24 year olds nowadays. The Tide Pod generation!
a) no idea, tldr. b) So, yeah, everybody realizes who is in which one. Or at least, that's the stuff we've been discussing, with decent accuracy, the last couple pages. c) see (b)

Bonus: SNL short below immediately conflates 2 generations in its first words.

Pound sand, Pansies. You and Scam Newton deserve each other.

It's almost time for the NFL Friday afternoon news dump. If Mac is getting any kind of fine or discipline for that play we'll know soon.

you hit the bullseye...that's me...Mr Fragile...you're such a pathetic little narcissist you'd shatter like glass if I rolled up on your lemonade stand, Mr CEO.
You must have some deep insecurity if you're becoming this triggered by the conversation.

They (its always 'they') have run out of letters, were on Z now, do 'they' start calling the next generation A1, or 1A? inquiring minds want to know. And what happened to the letters before X and Y? i haven't heard much from generation B,C,D, M or any of the letters

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back