PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

P.O.S. Dominic Raiola fined $10k for punch, nothing for chop block

If you can't tell the difference between a player intentionally trying to injure an opposing player on 4 straight plays and a player blocking a person to the ground and his momentum taking him into a camera lift, then you are clearly don't understand the issue..

1) It wasn't just 1 play where Raiola attempted to injure Moore. It was 4 straight. The last 4 plays of the game.
2) Raiola came out and admitted that he was trying to injure Moore.
3) There was no intent to injure by Gronkowski.
4) Raiola has been fined in the past for dirty play. He's a repeat offender.
Raiola should be fined and suspended for atleast 1 game.

On Gronkowski. You have to be either blind, extremely biased, or both if you don't think that Gronk tried to throw him out from the field. He was 1-2 yards outside the field when he laid his final push on Brown. It wasn't about momentum. Gronkowski clearly aimed to throw him out from the field. Was he trying to throw him into the camera van? I don't know. But he clearly had intent to throw him out from the field. I think what he did was a bit dirty, but can understand it if Brown was talking **** the whole game(unless he tried to throw him into the camera van). Raiola was just a pure piece of ****.

On Gronkowski. You have to be either blind, extremely biased, or both if you don't think that Gronk tried to throw him out from the field. He was 1-2 yards outside the field when he laid his final push on Brown. It wasn't about momentum. Gronkowski clearly aimed to throw him out from the field. Was he trying to throw him into the camera van? I don't know. But he clearly had intent to throw him out from the field. I think what he did was a bit dirty, but can understand it if Brown was talking **** the whole game(unless he tried to throw him into the camera van). Raiola was just a pure piece of ****.

You do realize that through most of that Brown was holding onto Gronk so he couldn't disengage his block and that's why he put him into the ground.

Go take another look at the replay.

Gronk is drive blocking him across the field - as they kick the pylon over Sergio Browns arms extend, then suddenly Gronk gets a sudden surge of momentum and he goes flying into the camera.

If it wasn't for Browns pull at the end he wouldn't have ended up rag dolling himself and there would be no fine.

Here ya go:

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...ets-about-cheap-shot-sunday-against-patriots/

"There’s no fine,” Raiola told reporters. “It’€™s during the game. I don’€™t know about regrets, I don’€™t live life with regrets. I didn’€™t intentionally try to hurt anybody. I didn’€™t try to do anything out of the ordinary.

“So, just play the game,” he added. “I didn’€™t make it a big deal, everybody else did.’€"

Evidently, nothing to see here folks - - move along. Nothing wrong with punching a player on the field three plays in a row without provocation from that player. Then following it up with diving at the knees.

Just good football, the Goodell Way.

I can't get past the fact that this dink essentially brags and rubs Goodell's nose in it, yet Edelman throwing the ball into the stands to punctuate a spectacular punt return warrants a fine in excess of 8K (I believe.)

The thing is I don't even think it was about Pats scoring I think it was because Branch made him his ***** a few times (according to Bedard)during the game that he decided to take it out on the rookie when Vince and Branch weren't in.

The NFL's fine system is broken, and needs fixing. It's getting harder to take the league seriously when Lynch gets 100K for not talking to the media, and some punk gets 0 for trying to injure his opponent.

I know that they fine based purely off of some pre-determined list, but you'd think they would use some discretion for this very reason. Of course, the NFL is showing such a lack of intelligence lately maybe it's best they aren't allowed to use any discretion.

Despicable.. Goodell needs to go

The NFL's fine system is broken, and needs fixing. It's getting harder to take the league seriously when Lynch gets 100K for not talking to the media, and some punk gets 0 for trying to injure his opponent.

I know that they fine based purely off of some pre-determined list, but you'd think they would use some discretion for this very reason. Of course, the NFL is showing such a lack of intelligence lately maybe it's best they aren't allowed to use any discretion.

Just for the sake of accuracy, and not to change the overall point of your post:

Lynch's fine was $50k. The second $50k was a previously withheld fine being reinstated.

I just saw on twitter that he was fined 10k for the punch but not for the block on the last snap

I just saw on twitter that he was fined 10k for the punch but not for the block on the last snap
That makes a little more sense.

If you can't tell the difference between a player intentionally trying to injure an opposing player on 4 straight plays and a player blocking a person to the ground and his momentum taking him into a camera lift, then you are clearly don't understand the issue.

BAHAHAHAHAHA. Are you serious?

10K fine for punching.

BAHAHAHAHAHA. Are you serious?

airplane-cant-be-serious.gif

50k for not talking to media.
10k for possibly ending someone's career.

Amazing.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back