PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Reid and Mahomes Fined for Comments Last Week against officials

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Per PFT:

"Per source the NFL fined both Chiefs Coach Andy Reid and Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes for comments critical of officiating after last week’s loss to Buffalo. Don’t have amounts yet."

"Guess would be $25K for Mahomes and $50K or more for Reid. Just a guess."

Per PFT:

"Per source the NFL fined both Chiefs Coach Andy Reid and Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes for comments critical of officiating after last week’s loss to Buffalo. Don’t have amounts yet."

I was wondering if this would happen. Criticizing the officials the way they did is pretty clearly against the rules... especially if the refs very obviously correctly enforced a rule and you just don't like the rule they enforced... Mahomes complaining did not surprise me as much but Reid complaining certainly did, you'd think as a 65 year old coach with as many games coached as he has, he would know better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twitter embeds are currently broken across all platforms, I see everybody else complaining about this elsewhere and there doesn't appear to be any response from them on a timetable to fix it.

Twitter embeds are currently broken across all platforms, I see everybody else complaining about this elsewhere and there doesn't appear to be any response from them on a timetable to fix it.
Ah I see
You lost your fastball like BB smh

Last edited:
This is clownish, its not the refs job to make sure your in the correct position
If you watch the replay, he never even turned to the official to check (and he was standing there looking right down the line at the ball), and the crowd noise was such that the official certainly couldn't have gotten his attention.

The issue a lot of people also had was the fact the same thing happened the next day in the Miami game (I believe it was Waddle) and it wasn't flagged.

Ive never seen anything as crazy as this. Toney was obviously off sides, but toney, mahomes, and even reid go ballistic and blame the refs saying toney wasn't warned that he was off sides. This team and its coach are have become so self entitled its nausiating

Last edited:
Ive never seen anything as crazy as this. Toney was obviously off sides, but toney,mahomes, and even reid go ballistic and blame the refs saying toney wasn't warned that he was off sides. This team and its coach are have become so self entitled its nausiating
I agree. It's not like his toe was off an inch or that it was a ticky-tack call. He was so blatantly offsides, it was ridiculous. I'm assuming the next thing we'll hear about is the league looking into technology that causes a beep in the helmet if a player is lined up in the neutral zone, because this will be blown so far out of proportion. :rolleyes:

Per PFT:

Fines for words but not for clotheslining Douglas in the Giants game.

Sounds about right.

I hope it was hefty fines. Reid and Mahomes embarrassed themselves and the Chiefs organization for that matter. Reeked of self entitlement and feeling they are above the rules.

I’ll add that the Quarterback show did Mahomes no favors. Cringed every time he was talking and comes off as a complete tool and he’s always feeling himself.

Ive never seen anything as crazy as this. Toney was obviously off sides, but toney,mahomes, and even reid go ballistic and blame the refs saying toney wasn't warned that he was off sides. This team and its coach are have become so self entitled its nausiating
The worst part is Chiefs players and their fans(looking at you @SHOWTIME15 ) can't complain of crucial end of the game penalties or non calls(like the Superbowl Bosa hold in 2019). Chiefs hve benefitted from those the most since Mahomes took over

The worst part is Chiefs players and their fans(looking at you @SHOWTIME15 ) can't complain of crucial end of the game penalties or non calls(like the Superbowl Bosa hold in 2019). Chiefs hve benefitted from those the most since Mahomes took over
It could also be Taylor Swift effect. The chiefs are so popular that their above mere mortals

Ah I see
You lost your fastball like BB smh
Battling a sinus infection and have felt pretty miserable all week…not much of a fastball at all these days. Head feels like it’s going to explode. :rolleyes:

Josh Allen not fined and suspended for staring at Cryin Kermit’s temper tantrum and patting her on the chest ? Wow didn’t see that coming.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
"We broke the rule but they didn't warn us in advance that we were about to break a rule and give us the chance to stop ourselves from breaking the rule, and even if they wanted to warn us, there was no opportunity for them to warn us because our guy who broke the rule didn't ever look at a ref, but we're mad anyway, they should have just let us get away with breaking the rule" is definitely some crybaby stuff. It reeks of a team who has been getting away with a lot of things for a long time (which the Chiefs have been) so any time they're not let off the hook they can't handle it. Like a spoiled kid who can't handle being told "no" for the first time.

This is beyond clownish, its not the refs job to make sure your in the correct position
Wrong. Every single down I ever played or coached on Offense the WR looks for a thumbs up, or down from the ref to see that they are onsides.

I hate the chiefs BUT officiating is an absolute train wreck this year

Wrong. Every single down I ever played or coached on Offense the WR looks for a thumbs up, or down from the ref to see that they are onsides.

I hate the chiefs BUT officiating is an absolute train wreck this year
And this was in the nfl? I just find it hard to believe that the refs would position players, and i have Never ever heard of this in over ifty plus years of watching football. In all thats been written about this no one has ever come to toney defense and said he was right, the refs should have warned him.

And this was in the nfl? I just find it hard to believe that the refs would position players, and i have Never ever heard of this. In all thats been written about this no one has ever come to toney defense and said he was right, the refs should have warned him.
100% yes…watch closely in the games for the guys on the end of the LOS and you’ll see them looking towards the sideline and sometimes giving a thumbs up sign, which is really a question of “am I good?”.

Now…I DID NOT see this play so if Toney did that, and got no response he is right. BUT…sometimes they forget to check with the ref…of that happened it’s on him. Literally taught to do that in grade school.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back