PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

P.O.S. Dominic Raiola fined $10k for punch, nothing for chop block

Gotta give the NFL credit though. They did fine him when it was believed they wouldn't. Sure, the fine is small and not aimed at the play that should have received a serious fine. Sure they continue to look bad on it to which it exemplifies the utter disconnection they must have from the reality 'on the ground'. But they did fine him, credit is due, credit was given.....:)

50k for not talking to media.
10k for possibly ending someone's career.

Amazing.

Business as usual in the go-to-hell era.

Kraft's support for this buffoon is truly inexplicable from an otherwise pretty smart man.

$10k? That's the equivalent of me getting fined $25 for abusing a co-worker, weeks after the CEO floats a public non-tolerance policy against workplace aggression (shaking my head).

And the abysmal silence of the media on this makes me so damn mad. Could you even imagine the category 5 s***storm that would be all over the national news if a PATRIOT had done something like this?

You mean like Gronk throwing Brown out the club? That was pretty celebrated (including by me!) locally and even somewhat so nationally. Yet Brown could have easily been hurt by getting bashed into that camera stand. By one of our stars. Or what about Edelman blasting that dude in the no-no area a couple games ago.

Guys...plays happen like this all the time both by our guys and by the other guys. You're football fans, you know this. I honestly do not get the hand-wringing on this topic. We have a dominant team to root for, do we really have to invent conspiracy theories that, frankly, make us look provincial? (I mean, beyond simply BEING a football fan lol)

If Gronk didn't lose a game for that awesome but totally flagrant bum rush, I don't see this turd losing a game.
As many have said, Gronk was fined. Hopefully Raiola wear the wrong color sox so justice can be served.

You mean like Gronk throwing Brown out the club? That was pretty celebrated (including by me!) locally and even somewhat so nationally. Yet Brown could have easily been hurt by getting bashed into that camera stand. By one of our stars. Or what about Edelman blasting that dude in the no-no area a couple games ago.

Guys...plays happen like this all the time both by our guys and by the other guys. You're football fans, you know this. I honestly do not get the hand-wringing on this topic. We have a dominant team to root for, do we really have to invent conspiracy theories that, frankly, make us look provincial? (I mean, beyond simply BEING a football fan lol)

Plays like this (players using kneel down plays to try injuring other players) don't happen all the time, yet you're claiming that they do. That's probably why some people are up in arms, while you don't get it.

Raiola's latest move may cost him a game or two...
C4BGt07.gif

Some day this guy is going to really hurt someone. I hate when the Pats have to play the Lions, even in preseason. Shwartz's malice still taints that locker room.

Figures it's Detroit, this guy is a scumbag

Raiola isn't really popular anywhere. Seen lots of Lions fans that want him gone as soon as possible because he's a grade A *******. He should get the same treatment that the Saints coaches got after bounty gate. Suspend him for atleast a year. He basically does the same thing, just without the cash bonus from it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-raiola-says-ferguson-stomp-was-unintentional

After the game, Raiola claimed the contact was accidental.

"It was totally unintentional," Raiola said, according to ESPN.com. "I remember I was stumbling out. I didn't see the end of it. I apologized at the end of the game, told him it was unintentional and we shook hands and that was it."

When asked Monday about the incident, Jim Caldwell said he believed Raiola's account but understood why the league would review it. The Lions' coach also said the center could be suspended.

Seriously? The evidence is right there. He did it on purpose! Jim Caldwell is pathetic. A real man would have disciplined Raiola immediately after seeing video footage of what transpired. It's black and white. He did it on purpose.

NFL suspended the POS for the Lions' game against the Packers.

Detroit Lions C Dominic Raiola suspended one game by NFL

When the Detroit Lions face Green Bay for first place in the NFC North Sunday, they'll be without starting center/cheapshot extraordinaire Dominic Raiola.

He's been suspended one game by the league for repeated violations of player safety rules.

link: http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2014/12/after_cheap_shots_against_patr.html

Guess it takes more than 1 game or perhaps just a game that isn't against the Patriots.

EDIT: MODS you can delete this thread or merge it into existing thread

Suspended for one game? This guy has a history and blatantly stomped on a guys ankle and they suspend him for one game? Excuse my language but **** the league and Goodell, this dude should be gone from the league, period. End his career before he ends someone elses with his ********.

Suspended for one game? This guy has a history and blatantly stomped on a guys ankle and they suspend him for one game? Excuse my language but **** the league and Goodell, this dude should be gone from the league, period. End his career before he ends someone elses with his ********.
Gotta stay the course after the last lenient punishment worked so well.

Grade A scumbag no other way to put it. Karma is a ***** and while i don't like injuries to anyone..i hope someone takes his ACL out...

Some day this guy is going to really hurt someone. I hate when the Pats have to play the Lions, even in preseason. Shwartz's malice still taints that locker room.
He didn't learn that as a slappy for the 95 Browns. He got that from jerkweed Jeff Fisher.

There is only 1 game left in the regular season.

Not saying Goodell is not an idiot or if there were more games he'd do more, but he has an excuse.

There is only 1 game left in the regular season.

Not saying Goodell is not an idiot or if there were more games he'd do more, but he has an excuse.
I understand that, but what about next season or just ending this guys career. He obviously doesn't care about other players careers and has shown that he won't stop after being punished to be a dirty POS. Set a damn example and if you are going to tout player safety you would think he would get more for deliberately trying to hurt someone.

By the way I should state that I'm all for guys hitting and playing hard as long as it's clean. Throwing blind side punches and stomping on people's ankles is being a coward. Hopefully he gets what he deserves.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back