PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OTish: Mitchell racks up 10th surgery, still hopes to make it back to NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m rooting for him but he seems like the type that will be successful in whatever he does.

Patriots have had some good guys with hard luck 1st/2d round (?were these all 1st draft picks?):

Robert Edwards
Marquise Hill
Malcolm Mitchell
??

Add those to all the lost firsts and it's a wonder.
Actually, Edwards is the only first rounder (1998) on your list. Hill was a second (2004) and Mitchell was a fourth (2014). Still, your point stands that there has been some bad luck with higher round picks. Luckily for us, the years were spaced out.

10 surgeries boggles the mind. Like what the hell are they doing in there? Jiminy cricket.
What kind of surgery, I wonder? Clowney came back after microfracture surgery which had previously been a desperation move.
Looks like he may have torn the right ACL a couple of times, along with some strains and cleanup procedures. This link provides 5 right knee injuries, although we don’t know how many led to actual surgery. Throw in a couple of infections throughout the process for good measure, I guess (?)

I would also wonder if Mitchell is counting the times where he’s had cortisone injections and/or steroid injections, as some people (insurance companies, hospitals, and doctors) will refer to these as “surgeries,” even though they are almost always same day outpatient procedures.

Malcolm Mitchell injury history and analysis

Interesting. It just really bums me out...really liked the guy. And to have that kind of impact in a Super Bowl as a rookie? Just too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore