PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Other NFL pre-season games thread

I really think the Jags should consider starting Henne. He looked way more confident in the pocket than Bortles, and not even close. He's nothing special, but it'd be a vast improvement over what Bortles has given them.

Why are you surprised? Remember how many patriots fans used to complain about him during his time here? Especially in man coverage?
Who said I was surprised?

Two breakout contender teams in the NFC next year: Tampa and Philly.

Both are built very stoutly, and the NFC has often been prone to have surprise contenders. Both appear to be ascending.

Just got that vibe. I personally think Logan was way overpaid.
Well to clarify, I thought he vastly improved in 15-16 compared to his first two seasons. I feel like he has bettered himself into a pretty good starting NFL CB.

But knowing the history of players leaving here, nothing ever surprises me.

Two breakout contender teams in the NFC next year: Tampa and Philly.

Both are built very stoutly, and the NFC has often been prone to have surprise contenders. Both appear to be ascending.

Nah. I'm not sold on the QBs. Got a ways to go to catch the big shots in the NFC.

Nah. I'm not sold on the QBs. Got a ways to go to catch the big shots in the NFC.
I just don't think there's anyone in the NFC that doesn't have some serious flaws one way, so I think it's possible.

I like both of their QB's, personally. Both have shown some moments of brilliance, granted both need to be more consistent. But nothing we haven't seen previous NFC champion QB's (Matt Ryan, Cam Newton) go through.

Discretion of the officials? You really want that?!?!?!:eek:o_O

For a play like that? Yeah or change the rule somehow. A scoop and score like is pretty cut and dried.

Tyrod Taylor threw 2 interceptions tonight with a QB rating of 12 and the offensive line was terrible. NFL network will be showing the Bills game at 10AM Friday morning,

For a play like that? Yeah or change the rule somehow. A scoop and score like is pretty cut and dried.

You say that now, but just wait until it's not...
As Patsfans, I think it's best that the less that is in the hands of the refs, the better. Especially when they are calling things straight from New York, now.

Beckham just took a big hit to the thigh, got all pissed off and basically threw the ball. His helmet, and left the field.

What a diva! He was alone in the bowls of the stadium

Beckham just took a big hit to the thigh, got all pissed off and basically threw the ball. His helmet, and left the field.

What a diva! He was alone in the bowls of the stadium

Nah you got it wrong man. He almost got hit TJ Ward style. Helmet to the knee on a high throw. OBJ's lucky his left leg wasn't fully planted otherwise his season could've been over. I'm calling it a mild MCL sprain.

E-LIE leaving his receivers out to dry just like his sexual predator HGH cheating brother. First Marshall, then drama queen OBJ.

This eagles fishies game has been an interception fest.

Matt Moore is 0 for 3, 2 interceptions right now.

Man Tunsil has struggled this x/season.

What a soft edge. Look at how much of a "lean" he has. If you drew a line from his elbows down they'd be in front of his feet or close to it. They should be straight down give or take and cut through your thigh.

His steps are way too short.

Anytime an OLinemans ass isn't pointing at the QB hes out of position and it's just a matter of time before hes beat. As you can see here.

These are from a few days ago but illustrates just what type of player CMM is. He is the perfect patriot in so many ways. Unbelievable hands and tremendous r/r for a RB.

Last edited:
Cutler didn't look all that bad. Miami always plays us tough. The games might be exciting this season. I still think that dolphins defense's overrated.

Cutler didn't look all that bad. Miami always plays us tough. The games might be exciting this season. I still think that dolphins defense's overrated.

You gotta understand. We're going to own Jay Cutler. We already know what Jay Cutler does. He looks for his 1st read and then bails if it's not open. Even though other guys like Brandon Marshall are wide open for a big gain and maybe a touchdown if he stiff arms McCourty. That's Jay Cutler. He's going to do same crap again. It'll be an easy win against the fishies for once.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back