PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Other NFL pre-season games thread

ViperGTS

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Figure a place for those who want to talk about random NFL pre season games.

Up now are the Panthers and the Texans. First couple series and Savage looks mediocre. Probably gonna be Watsons' turn soon enough.

Just here to watch McCafe and DWats.

Speaking of HoF game. I watched Jonathan Cooper exclusively. He didn't look that impressive. Kinda meh. Didn't look that great to be honest but I'm not a great evaluator of o-linemen.

Well, Watson needs a little work on his deep ball accuracy, but he made great reads, looks very poised, and seems to be in command of the offense. I think he's going to be the best of the rookie quarterbacks.

Well, Watson needs a little work on his deep ball accuracy, but he made great reads, looks very poised, and seems to be in command of the offense. I think he's going to be the best of the rookie quarterbacks.

Maybe. Of course it's just pre season so the regular season is a different animal. They need to mind the edges and contain him.

Ds will adjust. His accuracy will be a thing to watch.

My pet peeve: When announcers constantly call things a player's "first NFL such-and-such" because they'll say it all over again in September when the player *really* does something for the first time.

DeShaun Watson did not throw his first NFL pass tonight. Mitchell Trubisky is not making his first NFL start tomorrow. Myles Garrett will not record his first NFL sack this weekend.

These are glorified scrimmages, no more. Now don't get me wrong; a good coach can glean a lot of information from a scrimmage. But no NFL "firsts" will be taking place until September.

Just here to watch McCafe and DWats.

Speaking of HoF game. I watched Jonathan Cooper exclusively. He didn't look that impressive. Kinda meh. Didn't look that great to be honest but I'm not a great evaluator of o-linemen.
Some of their beat writers already had him penciled in as the starting LG when Chaz Green went down. I laughed. It seems the starter experiment may already be done, according to a report I saw yesterday.

Some of their beat writers already had him penciled in as the starting LG when Chaz Green went down. I laughed. It seems the starter experiment may already be done, according to a report I saw yesterday.

Found this post on the Cardinals board. So it wasn't just me noticing it.

I keyed in on Cooper during the game on Thursday, and he looked like the same sloppy mess he was here.

Jonathan Cooper on track for a starting job | Arizona Sports Fans Forum

It is hard to watch other team's preseason games. It would be interesting to watch a team with an excess of OTs or DEs though.

Falcons score a TD on 4th and 1. Didn't take long for the Dolphins commentator to mention the Super Bowl collapse. lol!

Alex Smith first pass is deep down the sideline to the woman beater. Smith trying to prove he can throw it deep to save his job or audition for other teams.

Well Logan Ryan off to a rough start as a Titan. Allowed 2 completions for about 60 yards on the first drive. #TENvsNYJ

If you got some video of it, link please :)

I really hope Logan Ryan doesn't bomb out over there.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back