Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Tom and/or Gronk join the team for OTAs Today?

• both will attend

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Tom yes Gronk no

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Tom no Gronk yes

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • no Tom no Gronk

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I really liked the old Tom who showed up to OTAs instead of flying off to visit Princes. Maybe that's just me.

Can you imagine what Gisele's reaction would have been if he said he couldn't make it to Monaco as a guest of the Prince because he had to attend this voluntary OTA? In my world it would be like my wife's reaction if I said I couldn't attend her sister's wedding because it fell on the day of my fantasy football draft.

I think Tom has paid his dues enough to skip this OTA and have us not be concerned.

And from what Kraft said it seems like missing these OTAs were agreed upon.
Brady: "Bobby, I'm not attending OTAs."

Krafty: "Uh, sure Tom, whatever you say."

Who needs these (OTA) reps more - Tom or every other QB under evaluation?

Who needs these (OTA) reps more - Gronk or every other TE under evaluation?
I'm not worried about Gronkowski, just so long as he's not doing more stupid sh!t like motocross in the meantime.

However, Brady could have up to as many as a HALF-DOZEN new targets with whom he needs to acclimate this season; the sooner he starts doing that, the better, which should be OBVIOUS.

I really liked the old Tom who showed up to OTAs instead of flying off to visit Princes. Maybe that's just me.

My sister used to be able to walk up to him and say hi at the Fruit Market in East Milton Square when he lived at Marina Bay in Quincy during the early 2000s...that is never, ever happening again, thanks in part to Yoko Bundchen.

...But he is the reigning MVP who should probably have six rings right now.
At least, if not eight.

Can you imagine what Gisele's reaction would have been if he said he couldn't make it to Monaco as a guest of the Prince because he had to attend this voluntary OTA? In my world it would be like my wife's reaction if I said I couldn't attend her sister's wedding because it fell on the day of my fantasy football draft.

I think Tom has paid his dues enough to skip this OTA and have us not be concerned.

But what if you were picking in the top 3? Would your wife be more understanding?

That could be the worst analogy ever.

You do like to keep digging. However, I think it's become pretty obvious that the Patriots have survived without Brady present, and the Patriots world has obviously not come to an end, and that's the end of the issue. You can keep pretending that these days in May will be a problem, though, if that's what you need to do in order to get through the day.

I've never come close to saying the Patriots' world would end. See, in order to make your point (such as it is), you need to totally exaggerate what people (me especially) are saying. It's bad form but sadly, it's what we've come to expect from you.

Oh well.

However, Brady could have up to as many as a HALF-DOZEN new targets with whom he needs to acclimate this season; the sooner he starts doing that, the better, which should be OBVIOUS.
And if BB went with all the new receivers/backs than the other Pat vet options, you'd have an aneurism. Consider it a favor to your health.

I've never come close to saying the Patriots' world would end. See, in order to make your point (such as it is), you need to totally exaggerate what people (me especially) are saying. It's bad form but sadly, it's what we've come to expect from you.

Oh well.

Would you agree having TB come to mini-camp in a healthier state of mind is better for the team?

Would you agree that having TB wanting to play here longer because he realizes he can have a healthier mix of family and football in his life is a good thing for the team?

Would you agree that TB not hearing from Giselle constantly that he should retire because he told her he would maximize his personal time a good thing for the team?

All of these questions also have to take into account:
TB still wants to win as much as he always has
TB is 41 and needs to realize that its a long season/career
TB has stated that the game is very mental as well as physical
TB still holding a passing camp with his WRs
TB has been training as he always has

I've never come close to saying the Patriots' world would end. See, in order to make your point (such as it is), you need to totally exaggerate what people (me especially) are saying.

In your mind, quoting you =" totally exaggerate". That's your problem, not mine. I've said that I wish Brady were at the OTAs. I've said that him not being there is sub-optimal. What I haven't said is that the receivers are somehow getting hosed because they've got to wait until June before catching passes from Brady.

If you want to talk about "totally exaggerate", look to yourself.

Last edited:
This really isn’t anyone’s business. Dude gave the better part of his life working to make this a premier franchise in the NFL. No player will ever do or mean more for this organization than him.

If one year he wants to miss voluntary OTA’s in May to go on a trip for an opportunity lost people will never experience, good for him. People questioning him out delusional. He’s 41, he’s accomplished pretty much anything he will ever need for his legacy, he’s set for life, and he’s still giving us his elite play. If missing a voluntary practice is part of him still sacrificing to play a physical game he really doesn’t need to play anymore, good on him.

It’s fan entitlement

The Patriots pay Brady so poorly that he needs a second job to supplement
his income.

And that job is making love to Giselle
I’d take a part time, seasonal gig several times a year as an independent contractor, but I’d happily settle for a non-paying internship.

At making love, that is. It doesn’t necessarily have to be with Gisele.

The Patriots pay Brady so poorly that he needs a second job to supplement
his income.
Maybe he can come and install this for you at your home for extra cash

Stairlift-130bottom.jpg

Would you agree having TB come to mini-camp in a healthier state of mind is better for the team?

Would you agree that having TB wanting to play here longer because he realizes he can have a healthier mix of family and football in his life is a good thing for the team?

Would you agree that TB not hearing from Giselle constantly that he should retire because he told her he would maximize his personal time a good thing for the team?

All of these questions also have to take into account:
TB still wants to win as much as he always has
TB is 41 and needs to realize that its a long season/career
TB has stated that the game is very mental as well as physical
TB still holding a passing camp with his WRs
TB has been training as he always has

Maybe yes to all those things. At some point there's a line though. What if you asked the same questions but it was him missing the mandatory camp, or the first week of training camp? Neither you nor I knows what kind of impact this will have. Brady has never done this before, so even HE doesn't know. As a general rule, it's not good for your starting QB to miss opportunities to develop rapport with his receivers. I don't know how that point is even arguable.

In your mind, quoting you =" totally exaggerate".

When you cannot sense the obvious sarcasm yes. You turn my sarcastic one line into "Oh ivan thinks that the sky is falling", which is not only wrong, it's stupidly wrong.

That's your problem, not mine.

It's your problem to mischaracterize me. But it becomes my problem when you continue to misrepresent me, despite me correcting you several times now.

I've said that I wish Brady were at the OTAs. I've said that him not being there is sub-optimal.

THAT. IS. ALL. I'VE. SAID. TOO.

What I haven't said is that the receivers are somehow getting hosed because they've got to wait until June before catching passes from Brady.

And I haven't said that EITHER. I've said that this is a missed opportunity for Brady to build rapport, and this may have a negative effect, especially on the new receivers.

If you want to talk about "totally exaggerate", look to yourself.

LOL. I've only clarified it about a half dozen times for you.

but it was him missing the mandatory camp, or the first week of training camp?

He is not missing them. So we dont have to wonder any what ifs. If he did then that would be pretty jarring.

As a general rule, it's not good for your starting QB to miss opportunities to develop rapport with his receivers. I don't know how that point is even arguable.

Its extremely arguable and in fact easy to see how it could be a good thing. In the long run a happier QB > a QB with a bit more chemistry with his team. Why does this have to be explained over and over? A happier QB not only feels more appreciated, rested, or whatever but might feel he can play the game longer because of some adjustments to his training and life.

Again, this is Brady we are talking about, I think he has earned the right to do whatever he wants despite what the forum coach/GM here think.

Some of you are so worried about this QB/WR/Team chemistry issue you are missing the big picture. Its like it all about YOUR needs and insecurities and Brady should be doing what is best for YOU and not him.

He is not missing them. So we dont have to wonder any what ifs. If he did then that would be pretty jarring.

Its extremely arguable and in fact easy to see how it could be a good thing. In the long run a happier QB > a QB with a bit more chemistry with his team. Why does this have to be explained over and over? A happier QB not only feels more appreciated, rested, or whatever but might feel he can play the game longer because of some adjustments to his training and life.

Again, this is Brady we are talking about, I think he has earned the right to do whatever he wants despite what the forum coach/GM here think.

Some of you are so worried about this QB/WR/Team chemistry issue you are missing the big picture. Its like it all about YOUR needs and insecurities and Brady should be doing what is best for YOU and not him.
I certainly don't want sad Patriots. BB and his staff need to implement a hug program at practice and during games.

I certainly don't want sad Patriots. BB and his staff need to implement a hug program at practice and during games.
TB doing what he needs/wants to do....and should. Because this forum has a huge contingent on ****ises on it that worry about every little thing and think only negative about every little thing isnt his problem.

The only people that are "sad" are posters here.

TB doing what he needs/wants to do....and should. Because this forum has a huge contingent on ****ises on it that worry about every little thing and think only negative about every little thing isnt his problem.

The only people that are "sad" are posters here.
And those players who, by their own admission, feel " unappreciated. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back