Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Tom and/or Gronk join the team for OTAs Today?

• both will attend

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Tom yes Gronk no

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Tom no Gronk yes

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • no Tom no Gronk

Votes: 56 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
2’s likely and 3 is delusional.
Why is it delusional? Teams overrate and underrate players all the time.

It's not like they burned a high pick on him. It's a 7th rd flyer. I bet the Pats had him as a low rd pick and other teams either had him that or as a ufa. Big deal

That’s an interesting take, Kenneth. To be honest with you, I feel as though you may be overthinking things a bit. While there’s no doubt that having Butler in the lineup would’ve increased the odds, there were times last season where Butler’s play wasn’t looking too good and he was either (briefly) benched or there were rumors about the possibility (post-AFCCG news/rumors).

While it probably wasn’t the best choice, there were other key plays in the game that had a lot of weight, such as the dumb decision by Cooks to leap, the missed FG, the horrid tackling of Richards, the inability of the DL to create pressure, and of course, the Brady strip sack to seal the game. I think the Butler benching helped to narrow the margin and it forced them to need to be close to perfect (which they certainly weren’t), but I’m just not sold that it was an evil plan by Bill Belichick that stemmed from his hand being forced to trade away Garoppolo, that’s all.

Off topic—hope things are going well with you.

In this case I have to assume that “interesting” is a euphemism for terrible, because Kenneth’s take was a real headshaker. He writes about false narratives then proceeds make unsubstantiated claims about BB as if they were facts. He mentions broken trust as the main driver behind Brady’s current petulant and selfish behavior without telling us how Belichick broke that trust or even what trust was broken. He writes about Butler, without mentioning that Butler was mediocre at best last year and at times was God awful. Rewatch the Denver game, Kenneth (or perhaps watch it for the first time?).

So BB benched Butler in the Super Bowl not because of Butler’s substandard play during the year OR because he was sick leading up to the SB and was practicing terribly (which is what a former longtime beat writer with friends in organizatiom told me) OR because he did something behind the scenes that we don’t know about that....but instead out of spite regarding the handling of JG and his disdain for TB12, despite BB knowing/feeling that this would surely hurt them on the field and may cost his players and coaching staff another title? Headline: Belichick tanked the SB on purpose out of spite. That’s one frozen hot take.

I hated (and still hate) the decision to not play Butler as the slot CB if not to start the game at a minimum once we saw that Chung can’t cover slot receivers and once we were reminded that Richards should never be played at safety unless it’s a preseason game (and preferably a preseason game for another team) and we may never know what his logic was but to state that Butler’s benching was done to stick it to TB12 and Kraft....come on, man.

I do not think Brady is not at OTAs because he is mad at BB. If that is the reason, he is acting like a 2 year old and needs to stop. I do think the reasons are personal and related to his family along maybe with a desire for more down time as he is older. I just think his role as team leader means he should be there - others apparently do not agree.

Why is it delusional? Teams overrate and underrate players all the time.

It's not like they burned a high pick on him. It's a 7th rd flyer. I bet the Pats had him as a low rd pick and other teams either had him that or as a ufa. Big deal
Yeah it’s a 7th round draft pick. That tells you how they feels about him right now. He’s a project who hopefully develops but it’s not a loss if he doesn’t. They aren’t making any franchise decisions off Etling.

Kraft says it’s for FAMILY REASONS
But owner Robert Kraft was a little more forthcoming. Asked about his quarterback on Wednesday morning from the owners meetings in Atlanta, Kraft says he's been in contact with Brady, emphasized the "voluntary" nature of these workouts as well as Brady's family responsibilities.

Brady has spoken in recent months about wanting to spend more time with his wife and children.

Case closed. Could we move on now? :rolleyes:

Patriots owner Robert Kraft gives two reasons why Tom Brady is skipping OTAs

Last edited:
I do not think Brady is not at OTAs because he is mad at BB. If that is the reason, he is acting like a 2 year old and needs to stop. I do think the reasons are personal and related to his family along maybe with a desire for more down time as he is older. I just think his role as team leader means he should be there - others apparently do not agree.
I truly get your take and agree every minute you are there is a good thing, but the hysteria that this will have some kind of effect is over the top. There is just no possible way that players will have less respect for the leadership of Tom Brady because he wasn’t at OTA.
If we were talking about any normal QB it may matter but this guy is literally a living legend and has so much respect from his teammates because of how he prepares, the effort he puts in to being in shape, watching film, not to mention the guts and drive he shows on the field it’s moronic to think missing an ota affects his leadership.

Kraft says it’s for FAMILY REASONS

Case closed. Could we move on now? :rolleyes:

Patriots owner Robert Kraft gives two reasons why Tom Brady is skipping OTAs
But what about KENNY BRITT'S CAREER???!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO Its gonna go down the drain!!!!!!!!!!!

images

He sed its important b4 so wut changed LMFAOOO
Alot.

It's still important it was then and is now. Apparently not so important that he doesn't change his mind about family time though.
It's practice every chance to get better is important. Will TB be ok missing a few practices? He's missed a 1/4 of a season worth of practices and still won a SB so I'm not really concerned.

Yeah it’s a 7th round draft pick. That tells you how they feels about him right now. He’s a project who hopefully develops but it’s not a loss if he doesn’t. They aren’t making any franchise decisions off Etling.
Exactly.

He sed its important b4 so wut changed LMFAOOO

The 'war' (used as euphemism not hyperbole) at home comes to mind. TBH it's what I have suspected right along and why I haven't had much to say on the subject of his absence. Gisele stopped doing runway work and has cut back on her appearances and travel. She made the concussion comment and he made the 2 Super Bowl comment. For all the reading between the lines on the Kraft/Belichick/Brady relationship this could easily be as simple as when Mama's not happy...

The old man is Brady, the redneck is Belichick, and the parking job is Brady not showing up for OTAs...

I would think that a Tom Brady who knows that he can play in the NFL and still maximize his family time is a Tom Brady that will not only end up happier throughout the season but a Tom Brady that will want to play longer (of get less crap about playing longer from the wifie) in the league which greatly benefits us fans - assuming he can still play.

If this thought process happens to not coincide with some dorks on a football forum who's whole life happiness scale is dependent on how their football team might do...or may be affected by some QB/WR chemistry, then I think people really need to re-valuate their life, priorities, and sensitivity to every little ****ing thing that happens with this team.

...gibberish....

You do like to keep digging. However, I think it's become pretty obvious that the Patriots have survived without Brady present, and the Patriots world has obviously not come to an end, and that's the end of the issue. You can keep pretending that these days in May will be a problem, though, if that's what you need to do in order to get through the day.

For TB, the GOAT, the word "voluntary" from an employer, means exactly that. To most of the team, it means "you show up, or...." The one time I didn't show up for a "voluntary" meeting of my dept., I suffered a certain amount of definite fallout which put my career on hold and even set it back... who knows how far.

Him doing something for 17 years in a row and skipping one year does not create a mythical attitude.

Those 17 years were real and he was a huge part of what happened during those 17 years. In fact no one has done more in 17 years than Tom Brady has. So whatever he did or how he did it was not a myth rather it was historically real.

Why not this year? I don't know but I'm not going to build a freaking narrative that negates what that dude has done over the last 17 years.

Come on man.

He build the narrative that puts it all to question himself in the last year. Not the media, not the fans but Brady himself.

He build the narrative that puts it all to question himself in the last year. Not the media, not the fans but Brady himself.
How did Brady build a narrative?
He has not uttered a negative word.
He has missed OTAs. Nothing leading up to that builds any kind of narrative unless you take the media telling you what they think he thinks as the same thing as Brady speaking it, which is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back