PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - World Cup 2018 Thread

Why don't they add to the score?

What you mean add to the score? I think 120 minutes is enough time. Spain had their chances but just couldn’t get that goal. I actually thought the Russians would miss their kicks with the pressure from the home
Crowd watching. It was the Spaniards who choked on the penalties.

What you mean add to the score? I think 120 minutes is enough time. Spain had their chances but just couldn’t get that goal. I actually thought the Russians would miss their kicks with the pressure from the home
Crowd watching. It was the Spaniards who choked on the penalties.

I think he means since Russia won why doesn’t it go down as a 2-1 victory.

Russia totally deserved to lose

That was not a penalty in my mind. The guy looked like he was acting.
Oh I agree. I don't think it was a penalty either. FIFA handed that one to Russia. And its not necessarily that I'm rooting for Russia here - not that I've ever had a horse in this race, but it is nice to see Spain get a taste of their own medicine and have the match tilted away from their favour when FIFA helps out their opponent. That's how Spain got through the group stages, and in a twist of irony they fell out of favour with FIFA for the hosts and got eliminated. Its poetic justice at its finest.

Funny how 4 minutes of extra time turned into 6 minutes for absolutely no reason.
It is bizarre that nobody on the field and nobody watching knows when the match is about to end.

Funny how 4 minutes of extra time turned into 6 minutes for absolutely no reason.
That's not uncommon at all. The judge rarely adds extra time after have given extra time, but, when the ball is dead for a long time after the 90th minute, they would delay the end of the match some minutes.

In this game, there was at least 2 minutes of dead time after multiple fouls that were given to Urugay, because they started doing their famous "Catimba". In libertadores (the Champions League of S.A.), this happens all the time

Croatia and Denmark 15 mins away from another PK shootout.

I must say, first half of XT Denmark were controlling Croatia til the end. Last 5 mins Croatia starting pressing more

Does 17 -19 mean time left?

Any you guys watching in a country that does not speak English as the primary language? Is all the signage still in English on your tv?

Seems like the ref was speaking English on the overtime. Are those the rules?

He was robbed

That's cool how you can tackle a guy with nothing between him and the goal and they not get the score.

But not as cool as using personal fouls to determine tiebreakers for who goes to the playoffs. I think the NFL should do that!!

Wow Modric missed the pk.

He has to be mind ****ed going into the shootout now, no?

OMG!!!!!!!!

Schemichael looks like King King out there

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News