PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - World Cup 2018 Thread

In maybe the biggest shocker of the tournament. Japan is bearing Belgium 2-0!

Belgium wins 3-2 in the end on a counter attack. Japan was caught off guard. With like a minute remaining. That’s terrible.

Awesome game! Kudos to Japan for going for it all throughout, even though it burned them in the end.

The ending of the Japan Belgium game shows one of the reasons why the game needs to stop when the ref blows the whistle and not when the clock runs to zero.

Holy molies.

That's why this Football is so good. What a goal by Colombia, thrilling

I would love to see a replay of that shot that led to the corner. I think that literally made my heart stop.

Young deserves a yellow for acting. They really need to use VAR for that crap. Hope England get knocked out.

That goal by Colombia should have stood. Second ball was off the pitch and young had taken the throw. This ref has been utter garbage tonight.

God I want nothing more than this pathetic England team to go home tonight in shame. Can’t blame them though, this crap referee is falling for every dive.

why no sudden death?

It was decided that sudden death was too sudden death. I think current rules ( which used to be the old rules before the golden goal extra time was introduced) are better.

And England advances after finally winning a PK shootout.

Officially the most wackiest World Cup ever lol

What an intense game. One team put all their penalties on the target and the other didn’t. England might make semis because they only have to beat Sweden but they aren’t going further. It will be sweet when they are knocked out eventually :).

How is all European and South American teams in the quarter final "wacky?"

I can’t stand England. Hope they lose.

How is all European and South American teams in the quarter final "wacky?"

They might be European/South American but they're not who people thought would be there. Most assumed that the QF's would include Spain, Argentina, Germany and Portugal. Nobody realistically thought it would include Sweden and Russia.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back