PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - World Cup 2018 Thread

If it has to be European, the only one I think would be entertaining to see is Russia. Lol - Then I can see all the European fans cry "foul!" on this tournament saying it was rigged, as if it wasn't rigged for their countries already. Besides, would be Ironic to hear it from an Englishman given England won their only WC in England. France too. Lol

I think Mexico can beat Brasil. I know they didn't look their best but the great thing about a loss is that it can show you what you're doing wrong and cause you to react on that and make corrections. I think they can at the very least take it to ET against Brasil. I believe in them.

I don’t know what the hell happened to them today. Sweden outplayed them. Defensively they gave up too much space.

All the more for them to work on ahead of the match vs Brasil Monday.

How do you feel about portugal vs Uruguay? If CR7 had made that penalty. I think they got a good chance but they have to play 90 minutes. Need CR7 to show up big time. He’s carrying a yellow as well. I feel yellow cards should be wiped out after the round of 16 and not the quarterfinals.

Agreed with the yellow card rule. 100%.

I feel good about Portugal chances vs Uraguay. It’s gonna be a tough task stopping Suárez and Cavani of course, but I think Portugal will be up for it. Santos will devise a tactic that negates them.

I think Portugal is due for a complete 90 minute game soon. I like the way they played against Iran minus their play in the final third of the field, but that was Iran’s game to close off everything. I think a Uraguay will open up more and give Ronaldo and whoever his partner will be up front more room.

One of Bernardo Silva, Andre Silva or Goncalo Guedes must step up though. Good news, I think especially after missing the PK Ronaldo will be up for this game, especially knowing who might be waiting for him in the next round.

But for some reason, despite being like 1/2 German, I ****ing hate that team

I'm pretty sure self-hating German is the only way one can safely go. The other option... well, the less said the better

I'm all in on England. To win during the Brexit bruhaha would be classic!

Passing off this as if I made it:

1k2bqnztil611.jpg

A wild Messi appears......what a goal that is.

Speaking of Messi, I was listening to the radio this morning and one of the hosts was claiming that Messi is not the top player that many make him out to be. His claim was that Messi has needed top players around him otherwise he hasn't done anything. I don't follow the sport but I know that early on here there was a post asking who was the greatest, Messi or Ronaldo (I think I spelled it correctly). Was this guy talking out of his butt?

Speaking of Messi, I was listening to the radio this morning and one of the hosts was claiming that Messi is not the top player that many make him out to be. His claim was that Messi has needed top players around him otherwise he hasn't done anything. I don't follow the sport but I know that early on here there was a post asking who was the greatest, Messi or Ronaldo (I think I spelled it correctly). Was this guy talking out of his butt?
I imagine it's another Brady vs. Manning debate.

Since 2008, the soccer version of the MVP award, the Ballon d'Or, has ONLY been won by Messi or Ronaldo, with five each. I think we can safely say they're both pretty good.

I imagine it's another Brady vs. Manning debate.

Since 2008, the soccer version of the MVP award, the Ballon d'Or, has ONLY been won by Messi or Ronaldo, with five each. I think we can safely say they're both pretty good.

So the guy was trolling for clicks. I wasn't sure.

I don't like Messi and this comment has a lot of merit.

That being said, Messi is undeniebly one of the best players ever. Like, the only excuse for you to not put him in this list, specially if we are talking about the current era,you're either trolling or you're an idiot or, like in this case, both

yeah...this thread has been getting pretty "messy" since Fnord admitted he's half weinerschitzelbrau...:cool:

yeah...this thread has been getting pretty "messy" since Fnord admitted he's half weinerschitzelbrau...:cool:

If that's a problem we should find a solution. Hopefully a final one.

More importantly, how can you not ****ing love sports?

Random Koreans getting paraded around/celebrated by Mexican fans.

If that's a problem we should find a solution. Hopefully a final one.

More importantly, how can you not ****ing love sports?

Random Koreans getting paraded around/celebrated by Mexican fans.

I LOVE all sports, Dortmund...as for your "final solution", speak into the bazookaphone...

gi-combat68.jpg

Time for you to storm the beaches again, Joker.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back