PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Will the Cardinals go 17-0?

I don't know but I can't stop watching this video of the most amazing Mahomes plays with a great soundtrack.

Man the old NFL Primetime music takes me back to being a kid. My best friend and I would watch the Patriots game and then usually the Giants game on at 4 and then NFL Primetime every Sunday with a few games of kill the carrier with the neighborhood kids outside wedged in between. I used to love Chris Berman's nicknames and his loud "WOOOOOP" and Bills circling the wagons and all that. I miss those days.

Undefeated 6.5 point favorite home team playing an injury decimated away team....and losing
These type of results fortify my long ago decision never to bet on sports.

That aged well…

Ehh... My point, as I noted afterwards in response to an Ian, was that Adams was going to be out, so it was a game that the Cardinals should have won. At the time of the post, there had been nothing saying that both Hopkins and Watt would be out. And, since I lost power during the storm, and was housebound (car was in the shop), I hadn't had the opportunity to do any followup.

Kyler Murray loves running out of the pocket and it’s clear why. He can’t see in the pocket.

I think Flutie said he liked moving around or out of the pocket because of this.

Kyler Murray loves running out of the pocket and it’s clear why. He can’t see in the pocket.

I think Flutie said he liked moving around or out of the pocket because of this.
Yes Flutie said that. He had less passes knocked down by DLpersons than The Statue at a long 6'6".

Murray is no Flutie. How dare you!

100% agree. It will never happen again, even if they had kept regular season at 16 games. While I would rather have 10-6 and a super bowl , That team will be remembered more than most super bowl champs. It was an accomplishment well worth recognizing
It definitely is an accomplishment worth recognizing. As to it never happening, the 2009 Colts were within a Bill Polian intervention away from achieving that record. (Poor Peyton, the look on his face was priceless. The only time I felt sympathy for him). It could happen again. I have a feeling Brady has set his sights on achieving a unbeaten season with a SB victory, although he is fast running out of time.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and say no too. :p

It definitely is an accomplishment worth recognizing. As to it never happening, the 2009 Colts were within a Bill Polian intervention away from achieving that record. (Poor Peyton, the look on his face was priceless. The only time I felt sympathy for him). It could happen again. I have a feeling Brady has set his sights on achieving a unbeaten season with a SB victory, although he is fast running out of time.

Yeah I forgot how close they were to it. Who knows though if they did go for it, pressure could have gotten to them one of the last 2 games. Still weird that it almost did happen so soon after and then since then nobody made it that far, can’t remember how far the 2011 packers went but they may have been close. The odds are just so far against it

Yeah I forgot how close they were to it. Who knows though if they did go for it, pressure could have gotten to them one of the last 2 games. Still weird that it almost did happen so soon after and then since then nobody made it that far, can’t remember how far the 2011 packers went but they may have been close. The odds are just so far against it
Just doing the math, if a team has a ninety percent chance of winning each of its games, its chance of winning them all in a sixteen game schedule is less than twenty percent.

Just doing the math, if a team has a ninety percent chance of winning each of its games, its chance of winning them all in a sixteen game schedule is less than twenty percent.
stat formula please

stat formula please
.9 raised to the 16th power. It's a useful formula for demonstrating that anything - like stealing a car - that has an overwhelming chance of success when done once, will eventually fail if done enough times.

stat formula please

.9 x .9 x .9 x .9 x .9 x .9 x .9 x .9 x .9 x .9 x .9 x .9 x .9 x .9 x .9 x .9
(16 times)

This is a great site below, if you want to calculate it quickly.

1635554516556.png

.9 raised to the 16th power. It's a useful formula for demonstrating that anything - like stealing a car - that has an overwhelming chance of success when done once, will eventually fail if done enough times.
0.18530201888...thanx for re-educating my memory bank to where it was 50 years ago. I got an A in stats but I can't remember the difference between mean, median and mode if you sat me down with my eyelids clipped open and showed me repeatedly.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back