PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Will the Cardinals go 17-0?

I don't know but I can't stop watching this video of the most amazing Mahomes plays with a great soundtrack.

I’ll revise my prediction. Cardinals aren’t that good. Road will go through Tampa.

I guess last night's game provides a wrap for this thread.

I still think the Rams might be better than the Cards despite losing to the Cards at home.

Murray is starting to break down over the course of the season. Just like he did last year. He doesn’t have the frame to handle the amount of hits he takes.

I'd love for @Deus Irae to be right and for Arizona to embarrass Rogers this week. I do think if that happens, people within the media might start talking about it.
1635508927890.gif

I feel (insert sad face emoji) that Deus was wrong again, because he’s such a great guy and a critical source of positivity on this site. I’m sure that eating an extra portion of mom’s meatloaf while wearing his favorite Tompa Brady jersey will make him feel better, though. Thoughts and prayers, my good friend.

Going undefeated is stupidly hard. Imagine you have a 75% chance to win each game (so basically, an average of a 12-4 record). You'd have a 0.7% chance of going undefeated through 17 games. Add into that that, the longer the streak goes on, the more teams LOSE their minds. Either the pressure starts to build on them and they get tight, or they actually intentionally give up on the feat like the Colts did after going 14-0. The team, their mental makeup, and some of the luck they got along the way, made the 16-0 Patriots a bit of a miracle. I won't believe a team is going to pull off 17-0 until they're undefeated going into their last game.

Murray is starting to break down over the course of the season. Just like he did last year. He doesn’t have the frame to handle the amount of hits he takes.
I didn't check the facts but on the broadcast last night they said Murray was the least hit QB this year. He might not be able to hold up regardless of how much he gets hit.

Going undefeated is stupidly hard. Imagine you have a 75% chance to win each game (so basically, an average of a 12-4 record). You'd have a 0.7% chance of going undefeated through 17 games. Add into that that, the longer the streak goes on, the more teams LOSE their minds. Either the pressure starts to build on them and they get tight, or they actually intentionally give up on the feat like the Colts did after going 14-0. The team, their mental makeup, and some of the luck they got along the way, made the 16-0 Patriots a bit of a miracle. I won't believe a team is going to pull off 17-0 until they're undefeated going into their last game.
I know everyone hated that banner but I didn't. It was a historical accomplishment. The comparison of that to the Colts AFC Finalist banner is laughable. Not even in the same league. There is an AFC finalist every year in the Super Bowl era. There's only been one 16-0 team. And it wasn't just 16-0 it was 16-0 against one of the hardest schedules I have ever seen and winning big in a lot of games on that schedule.

Patriots opponents in 2007 were a combined 120-136. If you don't count beating the 1-15 Dolphins twice and you don't count the Patriots beating those teams themselves then the Patriots opponents in 2007 were a combined 118-92 or .561. That's unbelievable. Beat 7 playoff teams from that season I think.

That kind of accomplishment is worth pounding your chest to celebrate regardless of what happened in the last game.

Last edited:
I didn't check the facts but on the broadcast last night they said Murray was the least hit QB this year. He might not be able to hold up regardless of how much he gets hit.

I think they may not be including designed runs in that stat. The Cardinals have had to dial those back in an effort to protect him.

I know everyone hated that banner but I didn't. It was a historical accomplishment. The comparison of that to the Colts AFC Finalist banner is laughable. Not even in the same league. There is an AFC finalist every year in the Super Bowl era. There's only been one 16-0 team. And it wasn't just 16-0 it was 16-0 against one of the hardest schedules I have ever seen and winning big in a lot of games on that schedule.

Patriots opponents in 2007 were a combined 120-136. If you don't count beating the 1-15 Dolphins twice and you don't count the Patriots beating those teams themselves then the Patriots opponents in 2007 were a combined 118-92 or .561. That's unbelievable. Beat 7 playoff teams from that season I think.

That kind of accomplishment is worth pounding your chest to celebrate regardless of what happened in the last game.

100% agree. It will never happen again, even if they had kept regular season at 16 games. While I would rather have 10-6 and a super bowl , That team will be remembered more than most super bowl champs. It was an accomplishment well worth recognizing

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back