PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- What will Goodell do? Colin Kaepernick sits during national anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most ironic part about this whole debate is when people scream that soldiers fought and died for Kaep to have certain freedom and rights we Americans have the privilege of having, but now that he is exercising the very same freedom and rights that those soldiers fought for, people are calling him un-American.

All I want to know is, how does Kaepernick fit all his hair in that helmet! o_O

... eh. I mean, I'm sure many do, I don't in any way intend to generalize all cops. I can only speak to the ones I know, and looking back at the high school classmates of mine who went on to be cops, I severely doubt they were doing it for any kind of selfless reason.
People tend to be a completely different person within years after high school.

Maybe try looking at this as though black people are a bunch of individuals, rather than some weird, monolithic, borg-like hive mind.
Tell that to democrats and liberal(s)/media.

If there's a pattern of criminals killing me and a pattern of cops killing me as well, then I'm going to object to both. The difference is that, in theory at least, I should be able to hold police accountable since they're--again, in theory--supposed to serve the public.

Well if there's an [alleged] pattern of cops killing you, you should probably stay away from crime. You know.. so the people who enforce it (and who are allegedly mass-killing you) won't be coming around. Or at the very least, don't resist arrest/get physical. Regardless, tens of thousands of blacks are arrested without brutality, despite resisting/getting physical/giving cops a rough time. We obviously don't hear about any of them. Once you get down to the handful of deadly encounters that BLM and the media blow up... weed out the ones where they reached for a gun/behind back/for cop's gun... you're left with some debatable 50/50 ones, and then a few inexcusable ones where the cop overreacted/was incompetent as hell. But resorting to the 'racist cop' argument over those ones is absurd and baseless.

Last edited:
People tend to be a completely different person within years after high school.

Tell that to democrats and liberal(s)/media.

Well if there's an [alleged] pattern of cops killing you, you should probably stay away from crime. You know.. so the people who enforce it (and who are allegedly mass-killing you) won't be coming around. Or at the very least, don't resist arrest/get physical. Regardless, tens of thousands of blacks are arrested despite resisting/getting physical/giving cops a rough time. We obviously don't hear about any of them. Once you get down to the handful of deadly encounters that BLM and the media blow up... weed out the ones where they reached for a gun/behind back/for cop's gun... you're left with some debatable 50/50 ones, and then a few inexcusable ones where the cop overreacted/was incompetent as hell. But resorting to the 'racist cop' argument over those ones is absurd and baseless.

Yup. I have numerous instances of people of every race being ventilated for legitimate reasons. I also have videos of other instances of races of all colors and creeds being ventilated in highly suspicious situations

So, only those who have agendas one way or the other ignore these things. There is a cop problem, and it's coincided with the hiring of vets. In my opinion, if you were a grunt, and a door kicker you are not qualified to be a cop. I had a conversation with a retired sheriff a year or so ago and he was disappointed in the current hiring process. He was the one who suggested the above, as I hadn't made the connection at that point. He said most of the well adjusted cops were being forced out or not hired in favor of more unstable and less moral ones. Now this isn't across the board but in most circumstances.

The most ironic part about this whole debate is when people scream that soldiers fought and died for Kaep to have certain freedom and rights we Americans have the privilege of having, but now that he is exercising the very same freedom and rights that those soldiers fought for, people are calling him un-American.
Not really ironic at all. While those soldiers fought and died for a hell of a lot more than just free speech that portion of what they fought for also was for the right of people to say kaeoernuck is unamerican.
Freedom of speech doesn't only protect the rights of the protestor, complainer or malcontent it also protects the rights of those on the other side.

Maybe I'm misreading you, but it seems like you're looking at black people as some weird, monolithic, borg-like hive mind rather than a collection of individuals much like any other.
While you certainly have a point it is no better to treat every police officer like part of a weird, monolithic, Borg-like hive mind either.

If there's a pattern of criminals killing me and a pattern of cops killing me as well, then I'm going to object to both. The difference is that, in theory at least, I should be able to hold police accountable since they're supposed to serve the public.
I think everyone is equally accountable for killing people whether in the line of duty or not.
I think many, not all, police shootings are because they are in the line of duty and in danger real or perceived and given the amount of cop killings that take place perceived falls somewhere short of unjustified paranoia.[/QUOTE]

I think he is full of ****

first I don't think he would be sitting if he was the starter

2nd, never heard a peep from this guy about this issue until he didn't feel like standing

3rd, while the symbolism of this seems pretty big....the tangibles of it are meaningless......an incredibly unproductive way to make a suggestion

I think the real reason this is happening is because he is bitter about his situation

I think he's done. He's become a major distraction and hasn't performed well enough to overcome the publicity. Not sure anyone will touch him.
I wonder how good he is at baseball :D.

On a side note, he said he would donate the first million of his salary to the cause. So, at least he is a man of convictions (whish I can appreciate). Just, the manner of his message creates too much noise and most people haven't talked about the issue.

I wonder how good he is at baseball :D.

On a side note, he said he would donate the first million of his salary to the cause. So, at least he is a man of convictions (whish I can appreciate). Just, the manner of his message creates too much noise and most people haven't talked about the issue.

I think creating noise is generally the point. He has people talking.

Falling for the biggest hoax in America.

Elsewhere, I had suggested that this was a potential wedge issue between players and owners.

I don't get it.

Sorry.
I was asking which Air Force base in Texas you were stationed at and to make matters worse, could not spell Wichita Falls. San Antonio and Fort Worth has one (Carswell)

I was asking which Air Force base in Texas you were stationed at and to make matters worse, could not spell Wichita Falls. San Antonio and Fort Worth has one (Carswell)

Fort Hood Texas. I was in the Army.

My father was in the Air force.

Fort Hood Texas. I was in the Army.

My father was in the Air force.

My bad on spellings and memories.

FH is southwest of Waco, home of Baylor University - the Notre Dame of Southern Baptists. Conservative neighborhoods and maybe backwards on diversity. Hope this does not get too political, but there was an infamous lynching back in 1916 in Waco every bit as horrific as ISIS...they have made progress but maybe not enough. Lynching of Jesse Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not really ironic at all. While those soldiers fought and died for a hell of a lot more than just free speech that portion of what they fought for also was for the right of people to say kaeoernuck is unamerican.
Freedom of speech doesn't only protect the rights of the protestor, complainer or malcontent it also protects the rights of those on the other side.

People complaining Kaep being unAmerican because he is exercising his American given rights.

Shocked that you don't find any irony in that at all.

This world needs more BW and less CK and RG. IMNSHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back