PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- What will Goodell do? Colin Kaepernick sits during national anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pain

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Kaepernick's an idiot. No matter what else is going on in his life, he's always going to be an idiot. He's such an idiot that even he surely knows that he's an idiot.

That's punishment enough.

Any one who watched episode 2 of this year's Hard Knocks saw Jeff Fisher address the team on how he wanted them to act during the National Anthem, " on the white line, helmets on the left side, standing at attention." Whatever we as Patriots fans think of him ( for good reason), he explained it to the team that it was a matter of respect, for themselves, their fans, their country and he was passionate about it.. He told them the anthem is “an opportunity to recognize how lucky you are.” ( and yes I'm sure he knew the cameras were on)....

A country that oppresses black people yet we have had a black president in the white house for almost 8 years and a black attorney general. HAHAHAHA you cant make this stuff up!

The Constitution doesn't prohibit freedom of speech, thoughts, ideas. His are obviously controversial to many (vast majority?) but if it wasn't for the media, nobody would care about his protest. I really don't care what he does as says as many do. I can't imagine why anyone does but he will be pilloried and praised and get what he most wants, his five minutes of fame. "It's California baby, the land of the fruits and nuts."

Maybe now he isn't a proper starting QB in the NFL, he will have more time to be a social justice warrior.

Not right for me to venture here as I am UK based. However, the whole idea that 'whitey is keeping the brothers down', is almost as offensively simplistic and incorrect as saying that blacks are all gun toting criminals.

Get the hell out of the country. Now.

My family amd millions of others didn't go to Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam, France and sit on a boat in the Pacific fighting for that scum to throw a football for a living.

Last edited:

My family didn't go to Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam, France and sit on a boat in the Pacific fighting for that scum to throw a football for a living.
Or if you have issues with the way things are going, stand up and doing something that actively promotes change, you passive aggressive, spoiled child.

Racism is a very real issue in the United States, and so much work needs to be done. But sitting out the National Anthem doesn't really move the needle on much of anything.

Maybe he should spend his time working for social justice and donating serious money to an organization of his choice working for equity in public safety, criminal justice, financial security, education, and housing for people of color.

Maybe he could start here: The People’s Institute for Survival and Beyond - Undoing Racism®

The Constitution doesn't prohibit freedom of speech, thoughts, ideas. His are obviously controversial to many (vast majority?) but if it wasn't for the media, nobody would care about his protest. I really don't care what he does as says as many do. I can't imagine why anyone does but he will be pilloried and praised and get what he most wants, his five minutes of fame. "It's California baby, the land of the fruits and nuts."

The NFL is not a free society. I absolutely agree he has every right to say and do as he wants on his own but in this situation he is at work, working under the CBA and article 46 and is in uniform as a representative of the 49rs and the NFL. Look at all the people fired for facebook posts. Freedom of speech means you can say what you want, the government can't stop you, it does not mean your employer has to put up with you saying it.

Last edited:
The NFL is not a free society. I absolutely agree he has every right to say and do as he wants on his own but in this situation he is at work, working under the CBA and article 46 and is in uniform as a representative of the 49rs and the NFL. Look at all the people fired for facebook posts. Freedom of speech means you can say what you want, it does not mean your employer has to put up with you saying it.

Oh I agree. Along with free speech goes responsibility. If the 'massa' frowns on your behavior, he also has the freedom to fire your arse. It cuts both ways.

My family didn't go to Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam, France and sit on a boat in the Pacific fighting for that scum to throw a football for a living.
WINNER!! x1000. The guy is a total POS. If he wants to protest the police who were involved in incidents of racial violence, fine, but don't disrespect the people who fought for the country.. He can go Fvk off. I will never forgive him for this. "I can't show pride for A country"? You mean the country of Vets who died for you, so you can make millions throwing a ball? Screw the 9ers too, for folding like *****es. @55holes. ...However, the fans on their forum aren't taking it very well. They want him GONE!!!

Also this may be kapernick setting himself up knowing there is a good chance he is through and coming up with an excuse on why Chip Kelley dumps him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back