PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- What will Goodell do? Colin Kaepernick sits during national anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this will be interesting, I don't think the league wants the **** storm that would come with a punishment.

Or if you have issues with the way things are going, stand up and doing something that actively promotes change, you passive aggressive, spoiled child.

Correct. I don't have an issue with the problems he has with this country but not showing respect for it is ********. Childish.

I'll bet Kappydink's only record of casting a vote includes the last season of American Idol and a Tweeting Kardashian hashtag campaign.

Political Forum? Yes? Yes.
I see this more about what Goodell will or won't do. I am sure he won't touch it with a ten foot pole and believe he came down on Brady as a gesture to the black players who were complaining that they were the ones getting suspended. If you look at Ted Wells' background and the cases he is brought in on, this is consistent with how the NFL uses him.

WINNER!! x1000. The guy is a total POS. If he wants to protest the police who were involved in incidents of racial violence, fine, but don't disrespect the people who fought for the country.. He can go Fvk off. I will never forgive him for this. "I can't show pride for A country"? You mean the country of Vets who died for you, so you can make millions throwing a ball? Screw the 9ers too, for folding like *****es. @55holes. ...However, the fans on their forum aren't taking it very well. They want him GONE!!!

I have a ton of problems with this country but as long as you live here you have to respect it. You just have to. No one is asking him to kiss the ground or anything...my god.

Get the hell out of the country. Now.

My family didn't go to Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam, France and sit on a boat in the Pacific fighting for that scum to throw a football for a living.
It's perversively ironic that the amazing people in your family, and families all over this great country of ours that fought and died to give this scumbag the freedoms and rights to do what he did last night.

I not only stand during the national anthem, I have my hand over my heart and sing along with the national anthem. I love this country with all of my being.

There are problems in all countries, no country is perfect, and there are things we as a country need to correct, racism being one of the biggest problems, but it's the greatest country on earth, and boycotting a flag or an anthem only points at the person doing it, not the issue.

Also Mr. Kapernick, if you weren't in the NFL, nobody would know about your stances. The NFL gave you everything, yet you disrespect the NFL, the fans and the country. I agree with the post I'm quoting, if you don't like this country, go live somewhere else (may I suggest Iraq). Stop using the fame the NFL gave you to voice your views.

Correct. I don't have an issue with the problems he has with this country but not showing respect for it is ********. Childish.
It's like he's trying to throw away his career. This sums it up well, Dwight (on the right) is his agent and Michael (on the left) is Colin

tumblr_o77cb0RYPa1snyhzgo1_250.gif

It's perversively ironic that the amazing people in your family, and families all over this great country of ours that fought and died to give this scumbag the freedoms and rights to do what he did last night.

I not only stand during the national anthem, I have my hand over my heart and sing along with the national anthem. I love this country with all of my being.

There are problems in all countries, no country is perfect, and there are things we as a country need to correct, racism being one of the biggest problems, but it's the greatest country on earth, and boycotting a flag or an anthem only points at the person doing it, not the issue.

Also Mr. Kapernick, if you weren't in the NFL, nobody would know about your stances. The NFL gave you everything, yet you disrespect the NFL, the fans and the country. I agree with the post I'm quoting, if you don't like this country, go live somewhere else (may I suggest Iraq). Stop using the fame the NFL gave you to voice your views.

Yep. I'm emotional about this one. I have no problem with protesting and I certainly have major problems with how things are done in this country but as long as you live here you MUST show respect.

I see this more about what Goodell will or won't do. I am sure he won't touch it with a ten foot pole and believe he came down on Brady as a gesture to the black players who were complaining that they were the ones getting suspended. If you look at Ted Wells' background and the cases he is brought in on, this is consistent with how the NFL uses him.

If Goodell suspended Brady with such tenacity as a reaction to the small number of black players who have a problem with his punishment giveouts, that makes him more of a ****ing idiot than we know him as.

I said that because some here have already expressed they disagree...and I don't think it will take long for this to heat up into something else.

Last edited:
Yep. I'm emotional about this one. I have no problem with protesting and I certainly have major problems with how things are done in this country but as long as you live here you MUST show respect.

The irony is that he sits on his ass and disrespects the nation that afforded him the right to do so.

Look at Melo if you want to see how to respectfully take action.

Goodell won't touch him. If he does, he will have the black lobby calling it a case of 'white privileged rich man attacking the black civil rights movement'

This will be brushed under the carpet.

Goodell won't touch him. If he does, he will have the black lobby calling it a case of 'white privileged rich man attacking the black civil rights movement'

I almost think Goodell is dumb enough to do it, gotta think there's at least one person smart enough to stop him. It'd be great if Colin sitting starts the **** storm that ends Goodell.

Kaepernick is an attention whore and this is the only way to stay relevant and get attention after you lose your starting job to Blaine Gabbert..

Annnnnnnd there it goes. That didn't take long.

If Goodell suspended Brady with such tenacity as a reaction to the small number of black players who have a problem with his punishment giveouts, that makes him more of a ****ing idiot than we know him as.

I said that because some here have already expressed they disagree...and I don't think it will take long for this to heat up into something else.
It started this way I believe. It turned into something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes