PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT- What will Goodell do? Colin Kaepernick sits during national anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annnnnnnd there it goes. That didn't take long.

Given that the WNBA caved in a similar situation (uniforms rather than sitting out the anthem), what's so politically charged about Brit Patriots' comment?

Annnnnnnd there it goes. That didn't take long.

And where what goes? I answered the question on the start of the thread. In a time of racial sensitivity, the NFL will stick well clear. Maybe you thought i meant something else, something negative, but that isn't the case.

kap's a dink.

he makes 15 million a year and is *****ing about oppression.
Yup, this country sure isn't perfect but it has allowed him the opportunity to make more money than he will ever spend, for being an average to below average (overall career) QB. I'm sure his conviction is so strong he would happily give all that money back to show how unselfish he is. lol what a flaming muppet DB.

Given that the WNBA caved in a similar situation (uniforms rather than sitting out the anthem), what's so politically charged about Brit Patriots' comment?

Thanks mate.....I feel my comments are being misrepresented here. I am talking practicality, not starting a race war!

Thanks mate.....I feel my comments are being misrepresented here. I am talking practicality, not starting a race war!

To say "the black lobby" puts a negative connotation out there that a majority will say what Brit said. He may not have meant it in that manner, but it can be interpreted that way.

I bet a lot of the people in this thread have a huge problem with 'PC culture', and won't in any way see the irony of that.

I can pretty much guarantee you that I'm the least PC person you know. My take on this is that Kaepernick is welcome to sit if he chooses, people are welcome to ***** about him sitting if they choose, and that sitting for his given reason was really stupid given the current state of things.

Get the hell out of the country. Now.

My family didn't go to Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam, France and sit on a boat in the Pacific fighting for that scum to throw a football for a living.
No they went over there so that Colin Kapernick and YOU are free to have an opinion and be able to state it freely. They DIDN'T fight so that everyone can have the SAME opinions.

I can pretty much guarantee you that I'm the least PC person you know. My take on this is that Kaepernick is welcome to sit if he chooses, people are welcome to ***** about him sitting if they choose, and that sitting for his given reason was really stupid given the current state of things.
What do you think the NFL can should and will do? His actions reflect poorly on the 49rs and the NFL. Goodell has a responsibility to protect the shield.

What do you think the NFL can should and will do? His actions reflect poorly on the 49rs and the NFL. Goodell has a responsibility to protect the shield.

Goodell can do whatever the hell he wants, thanks to the idiotic court cases. The NFL SHOULD just have a casual conversation with Kaepernick, and suggest that he choose a different avenue for his protest after doing some more research on his protest subject.

But I don't agree with your claim that Kaepernick's actions reflect poorly on either the 49ers or the NFL.

Goodell can do whatever the hell he wants, thanks to the idiotic court cases. The NFL SHOULD just have a casual conversation with Kaepernick, and suggest that he choose a different avenue for his protest after doing some more research on his protest subject.

But I don't agree with your claim that Kaepernick's actions reflect poorly on either the 49ers or the NFL.
I think the majority of NFL fans will hate this and that hurts the NFL. The NFL brand is full of waiving american flags and flyovers.

Divide and conquer is the order of the day.

For taking a stand in what he believes in.
He isn't taking a stand for squat. He's the same ignorant ******* piling on yet is silent with the real issue at hand. Hundreds if not thousands of blacks murder blacks annually. Innocent children gunned down at playgrounds by other blacks, not police, and there is little outcry and action. Just last year a 14 yr old black kid was killed by some black gang members in my town at a packed park while playing basketball and not a single person has come forward with information. NONE. Most black communities are riddled with drugs, murder and general crime. Where is he being outspoken on that? Oh, I forgot, lets play the pity card for career criminals who finally had karma bite them in the ass. I'll cry for an innocent child being killed, not some petty thug with 20 convictions still playing "the game".

And as i wrote that i found out Dwyane Wade's cousin was murdered while pushing a f'n baby stoller. That is the crap that needs to stop. That is what you should get angry and upset about. Sure police make errors, some criminally like the North Carolina cop that deserves to rot in jail. Our flag has nothing to do with this. Not acknowledging it to me is the utmost disrespect you can show this great country. You want to make a point and make change, help stop **** like this from happening. Don't honor criminals like martyrs, honor the fallen innocent lives taken for nothing. Help police get the criminals out of your neighborhood, don't protect them. That's how you fix this horrible mess in these communities.

Dwyane Wade's Cousin Fatally Shot Pushing Baby Stroller in Chicago

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes