PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: WFANs Mike Francesa thinks Romo to Denver is a done deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimmy G wasn't going there, so might be 1 qb less for the many qb starved teams

Wow, I was about to mention that it would interesting to see if Romo's chest would be more injury prone in the thin Denver air, but I can see I wouldn't last a minute with you.

:rolleyes:
Uh, ok. Sorry if me not buying something which the complete moron Mike Francesa says offends you (for some completely unknown reason).

It's a good move. Sybian needs a couple of seasons to learn. I think he's a really good QB that just needs the time to iron out those flaws. But that Oline won't be able to protect romo. They'll need to upgrade that.

Anything you want to tell us, @nabwong? :eek:

Jimmy G wasn't going there, so might be 1 qb less for the many qb starved teams

And no other capable NFL* veterans to be acquired now either.

The remaining veterans have all been found wanting, while Jimmy is young, with upside, and looked gr8 filling in for Brady during his suspension.

No link... just heard him on the radio.

I love that... Denver wins the offseason, (well, they tie with the Jets), the Jackasses go 3-0 to start, and then Romo goes down, and out for the year. :)

Romo will go from being behind one of the best O lines in the league to one of the worst. The over/under of games he will play is 8. imo.

He will also go from having 3 seconds to make a decision to 2 seconds to decide which way to scramble. Turnovers and injuries are high in Romo's future. imo

The donkey's would be foolish to give up a first round pick for romo. I can see a 3rd rounder.

IIRC, They will have to deal with Romo's cap hit. So it might be more of how much of Romo's contract will you absorb rather than a draft pick. (I'm not a cap expert and am just relaying what I heard)

Do they have alot of cap space?
They'll have $38 million in cap space in 2017. They need to spend (in my unprofessional opinion) a lot of that money on a few o-linemen. Maybe a RB. Gonna have to hit big on one of those two in the draft

That makes sense....but what is his source? And secondly wouldn't they want to hire a coach before figuring out what QB they want?
Because Elway runs the show. Josh was right about Cutler and Denver needing a new QB, just Tebow was not the guy.

It would make sense. Denver is a scary, scary team with a top-8 QB... so long as Romo can stay healthy.

This story is over before it started.

His bones are made of toothpicks

History would suggest that no - no he cannot.
Well, during 11, 12, 13 and 14 he played 62 out of 64 (regular season) games. 15 and 16, not so much.

This story is over before it started.

His bones are made of toothpicks
Unfortunately, we have the exact same concern with Rob Gronkowski, who has been known to make Tony Romo look like an iron man.

I don't know the specifics of potential compensation, but if I'm Elway I'm happy to improve upon my QB situation, even if it's only for a season or two. There's definitely risk involved though, as you mention. Like someone else said, I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd.

I think people should hold off on assuming that defense is gonna be what it has been. Wade Phillips deal expired and the next HC may want his own guy, especially if the new HC is defensive minded coach.

Well, during 11, 12, 13 and 14 he played 62 out of 64 (regular season) games. 15 and 16, not so much.

To take it one step further, I believe the recent concerns were with the collarbone and back. Last year they just tried to bring him back too early and that was a disaster.

On the other hand, his back is certainly cause for concern. I expected some type of protective brace or vest, but I never saw it. Perhaps Denver will be smarter than Dallas was if he ends up there. Even so, it's certainly possible that he's able to play 12/16 games for the next couple of years.

if they don't fix their offensive line, he'll be hurt in the first 4 weeks, I don't recall Mike saying it was a done deal though

This is the same guy that dedicated a segment to analyzing how the freezing cold weather in the DFW area would impact the Bucs-Cowboys game being played in Arlington at night.

Yes I'm serious.

He figured Dallas would be smart to open the roof, which would actually be smart. I'll agree with him in that one, but he says a lot of boneheaded things, like that kelce is the best tight end in the sport. Maybe he's not counting Grimm because he's hurt. Mike knows some stuff, but he's not as knowledgeable as he used to be when he had strong connections in the league. The games have passed him by to a degree. And he's a patriot hater

And he calls defensive backs, Deep backs.

I'm pretty sure he suffered a major injury that would have kept him out for a long period of time in one of those seasons as well, but it just happened to be towards the end of the season, so he didn't miss much time. His body is breaking down and he's getting older. He might be able to stay healthy, but the odds are against it.

Unfortunately, we have the exact same concern with Rob Gronkowski, who has been known to make Tony Romo look like an iron man.

I don't know the specifics of potential compensation, but if I'm Elway I'm happy to improve upon my QB situation, even if it's only for a season or two. There's definitely risk involved though, as you mention. Like someone else said, I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd.

You can't compare a TE like Gronk, with the contact he takes, including cheap shots at the knees, to a QB who, hopefully, gets hit a lot less.

Romo gets injured surprisingly easy conside how little he gets hit, especially behind that Dallas OL.

It would make sense. Denver is a scary, scary team with a top-8 QB... so long as Romo can stay healthy.
The defense has already started to decline. Next year they will be more average than good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3