PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: WFANs Mike Francesa thinks Romo to Denver is a done deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not this is a "done deal" at this point, I've felt that this was the most obvious move of the coming offseason since September. Makes perfect sense for both parties. And if the Broncos still believe in Lynch, it allows him to grow under a competent QB, and given Romo's injury history he'll probably be needed at some point anyway. Nice aside is that it actually only helps our Jimmy G market - he was never going to Denver, and now other clubs won't have Romo as a leverage option.

This could all be moot if they make a bad decision for head coach. Elway hasn't really made that type of blunder yet though (the Dumerville situation is his biggest blunder), so I'm not expecting it.

If I'm Denver, I pay the 1st and sign some better OLmen. The clock is ticking fast out there. Romo is only worth a 1st to a team like Denver and no one else.

Would you give a 1st round pick for a likely berth in a Championship game?

Unfortunately, we have the exact same concern with Rob Gronkowski, who has been known to make Tony Romo look like an iron man..

Romo had been very durable but not lately.

I don't know the specifics of potential compensation, but if I'm Elway I'm happy to improve upon my QB situation, even if it's only for a season or two. There's definitely risk involved though, as you mention. Like someone else said, I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd.

Agreed. I think Romo is a pretty good passer. A 3rd is reasonable.

This is the same guy that dedicated a segment to analyzing how the freezing cold weather in the DFW area would impact the Bucs-Cowboys game being played in Arlington at night.

Yes I'm serious.

I'm a die hard pats fan and I would take every host on the Fan (other then Craig carton) and especially mike, joe and Evan over anyone else out there...Especially over any dope from WEEI.

Romo doesn't scare me at all. The guy has always been a choke artist. Now he's an old injury prone choke artist. Good luck to Denver if it's true.

In 2014 & 2015, Romo was 15-4 as the starting QB of the Cowboys while other starters were 1-12. Over his career, he is 78-49 as a starting QB. The Broncos are built to win now, they just need a QB. Hell, they won with a gimp last year. This makes too much sense not to happen. Sure, he's an injury risk, but so is everyone. This is football.

The donkeys always have cap space, even when they don't have any

It boggles my mind that they even have 38 million in cap space. Do they have any key free agents? I can't stand horse teeth but he has done a good job putting that defense.

Putting Romo behind possibly the worst OL in the league doesn't strike me as a good idea. Denver would be gambling that his last few injuries were all flukes, and they may be right, but at his age that might not even matter, and if they're wrong they're essentially throwing away 2017 and creating a major QB controversy in 2018.

I get why they might do it, though. Hard to ignore the upside - if Romo can return to the form he had when healthy over the past 3 seasons, he's an elite QB.

The defense has already started to decline. Next year they will be more average than good.
It's a pattern with Wade Phillips defense, great 1st year, not as good 2nd year, off the cliff 3rd year. He doesn't adjusts scheme or personnel. May be why Elway is thinking of dropping him

It's a pattern with Wade Phillips defense, great 1st year, not as good 2nd year, off the cliff 3rd year. He doesn't adjusts scheme or personnel. May be why Elway is thinking of dropping him

Gotta hope that talib loses a step. He looked all world this season

Do they have alot of cap space?

They have a pretty good amount of cap space at 38.5M and they can easily part ways with their LT Okung and save 11m or sign him to a lower amount. They need to resign Ware and Sylvester Williams and neither should be cheap i think. If they choose to not sign them their front 7 will take a hit.

They also need to sign OL and RB healp for Romo and it won't be cheap either and Romo will cost them 20M.

It be great to keep their D and fix their O and make it a power house but you can't have it all.

I'd go to Minnesota if I were him. Although they might be dumb enough to keep Bradford.

I'd go to Minnesota if I were him. Although they might be dumb enough to keep Bradford.

Independent of Bradford, I think Minnesota still wants Bridgewater to compete to be the guy in the future. They're already pretty crowded at QB.

If I'm Romo, my preferred landing spots are Chicago, Jacksonville or Houston. All are solid in pass protection, lacking a QB, and play in extremely winnable divisions. If Romo can stay healthy and be an above-average QB for any of those teams, he'll be in the playoffs and the national media will be lining up praise him his remarkable comeback story or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3