PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: WFANs Mike Francesa thinks Romo to Denver is a done deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's on NFL Sunday with Chris Price and Curran (sometimes). They do a really good job. It's a much better show this year than last year with Greg "FraidyCat" ****erson.

Yep! I've tuned in a number of times while shuttling the kids around.

I know Meat is a Pom-Pom but I don't care. Hes genuine, loves Boston sports and not a phony baloney trying to play head games like the rest of those idiots. He gives Price and Curran room to operate and lets them provide great insights while he cheers on. Thats his role and he knows it.

Pete doesn't have the polish, smoothness in delivery and depth. Thats why he'll never land a chair spot on a weekday gig.

At any rate, I'm glad hes back on the air

Yep! I've tuned in a number of times while shuttling the kids around.

I know Meat is a Pom-Pom but I don't care. Hes genuine, loves Boston sports and not a phony baloney trying to play head games like the rest of those idiots. He gives Price and Curran room to operate and lets them provide great insights while he cheers on. Thats his role and he knows it.

Pete doesn't have the polish, smoothness in delivery and depth. Thats why he'll never land a chair spot on a weekday gig.

At any rate, I'm glad hes back on the air

Honestly I loved it when he had a show on Patriots.com. It fit him like a glove. He could let his freak fan flag fly and not get lambasted for it. It made the show that much more entertaining.

Honestly I loved it when he had a show on Patriots.com. It fit him like a glove. He could let his freak fan flag fly and not get lambasted for it. It made the show that much more entertaining.

Yep. I tuned in a few times. He did a good job.

Sports radio is like watching a football movie.

If you want to watch a serious football movie like Any Given Sunday or North Dallas 40 you listen to Felger and Mazz

If you want to watch a fun football movie like Rudy or the Longest Yard you listen to Meat.

People keep getting suckered in to believe Denver is some great team that had an unfortunate season but nothing is further from the truth. They had exactly the same season as last year except they stopped getting those convenient and consistent cheap turnovers/mental ****ups. The reality is that they lucked into one of the flukiest SB titles of the last 20 years.

And at the center of the issue is their GM who hasn't managed to built a balanced team in over 5 years with the culmination being this year where he got sucked in by all those stupid media narratives about how supposedly historic the Denver D is and proclaimed in the preseason that they don't need a QB. Letting Malik Jackson go and providing no replacement created a situation where they can't stop the run and his unwillingness to boister the OL was the deathknell for that offense.

Romo will not fix any of the fundamental issues their team has and unless they get historically lucky in the draft I don't see how they can plug all those holes with those ~ 40m in cap space that they have. On paper those 40m sound like a nice amount of money but it can get eaten up pretty quickly..

They had an all time great defense... seemed like their defense scored a touchdown in every game. I'm not saying they weren't lucky, but nearly every Super Bowl winner gets lucky. No matter what happened this year, that doesn't change the fact their defense last year was still one of the best ever.

They had an all time great defense... seemed like their defense scored a touchdown in every game. I'm not saying they weren't lucky, but nearly every Super Bowl winner gets lucky. No matter what happened this year, that doesn't change the fact their defense last year was still one of the best ever.

That's your view on it, my view is that if:
  • the Browns actually kicked a fieldgoal when Manning threw an interception at the end of the game from 40yds out instead of getting sacked out of range due to idiotic playcalling
or
  • Jamaal Charles wouldn't injure his knee seconds before the end of the game in his own endzone and fumble the ball as a result
or
  • Chris Harper wouldn't muff a punt 10 minutes before the end while being 14 up
or
  • the Bengals (with AJ McCarron) wouldn't have choked the game into OT

then Denver would be exactly where it was this year: the 8-8 type of team that they truly are. It's not their defense that carried them into the playoffs but statistically unbelievable amount of luck.

If Denver gets Brees , Romo, or Rivers they are an instant contender. stop trying to pretend otherwise

they will have around 40m to go get someone.

If Denver gets Brees , Romo, or Rivers they are an instant contender. stop trying to pretend otherwise

They will be part of the competitors in the AFC but not among the elite.. they got too many holes for that.

Whatever benefit Romo brings to the Broncos in a best-case situation is compromised by the departure of the DC Wade Phillips

Troll

That would be the Elway move.

That would be the Elway move.

Supposedly Denver isn't interested, according to NFLN this morning. I think the Jets will go after him.

Damn, I would hate to see Romo play in Denver. The Broncos O-line is garbage. He cant afford any more injuries at his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft